Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cbb64ad3f3b05139f218f4bf06eda1a4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WONDERCON 05'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by JedHead on 22 January 2005

Yes, they do.  But the rules are slightly different.  Due to some problems last year, the 501st is to be VERY strict on who can use the changing room.  Of course, if  you're a member, of course you can use it.  But there were people going in there who weren't and some items came up misplaced/missing.  Also, people were leaving leftover food and other mess behind without cleaning it up.  There are only two people that I know of who will have keys to the room:  Ian and Tami of the GGG.  Details and specifics are still being finalized, so pls check back here before the con.

I would like to add a bit of clarification. The 501st Wondercon planning committee is posting rules on the use of the changing room based on what has happened in the past but also on how Comic-con and Moscone want things to be handled as well. Golden Gate Garrison CO Ian Hiebert and I (I serve as the CO for the Central California Garrison) will have keys as we are the ranking 501st officers and we both plan to be at the convention all three days. When rules have been solidified, they will be posted.

I must emphasize that the changing room is a specifc resource to the 501st first given the bulkiness of most of our costumes along with the work we do for Comic-con. We then want to try to make it available to our guests which include costume groups like the Rebel Legion. We do want to share with others however this resource has to be properly maintained so that it can hopefully be obtained for future conventions.

Master Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Sat .it is then for the RL & 501st,  I will have to come as Anakin then. ( count me in for that picnic scene too).

Master Jedi

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, Mark.  I'll be sure to post the rules once they are finalized to the SF Fan Force boards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Ill be there on Saturday guys, I should have my New Ep3 anakin glove to add to my costume. I was supposed to have it this weekend but the guy needed more time to make the buckles. Well Ill be there. Just a question, at these photo shoots, do they usually sell the photos or how do you get a copy of the photo
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Ill be there. by the way how do they give cpoies of the pics. do they sell them. Ill be there on Saturday. I should have my Ani EP3 glove by then.
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

There are usually moltiple photographers there to take the pic. You can in most cases get it off the Web for free. Or if you want a little more........Consplayers.com ( our site) will be there for a private photo shoot. For more info and photo shoots just visit the site.

Master Jedi

Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Hey guys got my tickets today. I will see you all there on Saturday. Is there any club breakfast of get together for our members planned?
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Still up in the air for stuff like that.  Stay tuned...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vandor Theric ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Hey guys we should all go out to lunch together or something if there is nothing formal planned through the R.L that we we can be together and scare people as a big group rather then a small group scaring people when we go into a place to eat.
Master Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

That sounds fun, I'm up for it, we'll have to see what the plans are.

Master Jedi

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

What are the dates of Wonder Con? 18, 19, 20? Am I correct?

I will see if I can go saturday.

I really want to go however I don't know how I will get there.
Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

If we do lunch on Saturday, I'm presently scheduled to man the 501st booth from 11AM-Noon. I'll also probably be wearing my Palpatine garb, so all you self-respecting Jedi may not want to be seen with me ... ;D

Princess Anne ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

Yes, but a princess leia might with her blaster.

Archangel ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

"Charming ... to the last."

(So it's Tarkin, it's the only appropriate comeback.)

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: WONDERCON 05' Reply with quote

OK, everyone, here's an e-mail I received regarding the changing room.  Mind you, it DOES get crowded in there at times:

If anyone of the fan force or rebel legion have questions about these
rules please have them contact me at gml@goldengategarrison.com

- The room is for 501st members first and THEN their
guests.

- Clean-up after yourselves. Your mother is not here to do it for you.

- Use the room at your OWN RISK.

- Last person in the room must make sure the doors are
shut.

- Please do not handle other people's stuff unless you
have permission.

Note: 501st Legion CO Mark Chu-Lin will have key to the room.

Thanks and see you there.

Tami Ashford
Garrison Membership Liaison
Golden Gate Garrison
SFT Border Patrol
501st Legion
ID / TR 1469

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: