About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b39e6899f4f0a0d03a78a99f415d69c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

State of Echo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: State of Echo Reply with quote

Echo Members…

It is now April. The sun is rising earlier and setting later in the day. The trees are starting the bud and the temperature is shifting to warm. April is the month of changing and it is also the six month marker in the tenure of the term of Base Command. As the Commanding Officer, I have to say this post was a bit hard to fit into at the beginning. There were hiccups, as they should be, especially for one so green as myself. In the past six months, the base has seen some new things: positions , events, and issues. The base has taken the new and have grown from them. Furthermore members have done what we do best- Troop.

I Events.

In the past six months, Echo Base has participated in some of the biggest events that I have seen. Penn State University’s THON in State College PA, A Galaxy Far… Far… Away at the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester NY, the Children’s Miracle Network’s Miracle Party in Hershey PA, the Puppetry Arts Foundation Event at the USS Intrepid in New York City NY , and the Miracle Walk in Verona NJ. With the big we have the small events of library events, Cub Scouts events, and hospital events. All are important in what we do. I am very proud of each member in this base for your charity and time.

II Membership.

The Census has wound down and is right now going through the motion of being recorded. I am very happy with the results of the annual event. Though we may not be 100 members strong, we do have a strong core of members. We have seen some members leave our boarders, to them I say bon chance and well wishes to them and their new locations. We have seen members return to the base and active status. We are now watching the base grow with new members. In recent memory a section of territory that has be slow in growth (Western PA) has bolster a strong presence. We continue to grow in membership will bring our base more opportunities to have fun and troop events.

III Relationships.

At present, Echo has a strong and good relationship with our brethren the 501st Legion. Each Garrison that shares our border invites Echo to troop at events and partake in the fun. I have kept my word to be open and friendly with every group who is apart of the Star Wars community. And if any group wishes to talk with Echo and partake in troops all they have to do is contact me. Now I know my position may unnerve some in the base, I understand this, but in all fandoms there are different points of view, and we must be able to listen to better understand one another.

IV Detachments.

Echo is a large territory. For such a big base we have few detachments. I congratulate Hawkbat and Blum Fruit for the increase in their groups. I look forward to Fire Team Echo to improve. Also I look ahead to more detachments establishing themselves in our base.

This is the state of Echo Base…we are doing alright let’s keep it going!

Commanding Officer out.
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo Members.

In just a few days now, Labor Day weekend will be upon us, with that, D*Con will be the highlight for many here in the Legion. I for one, hope that everyone here in Echo has a wonderful weekend and takes advanage of one last fling before the unoffical end of summer passes by. To all who are going to D*Con, be safe, enjoy, and take pictures!! With D*Con, the Rebel Legion finishes another year. Awards will be given at the con, so if anyone in Echo is nominated good luck! Next month, September, is election time, so please get out, nominate, and vote.

Seeing that my tenue as Base Commander is coming to the end I wish to take a minute and do a year in review:

Events

In 2011, Echo members particpated in some awesome events. Penn State University THON, A Galaxy..Far..Far..Away at the Museum of Play, The Puppertay Arts Celebration on the USS Interpid, Star Wars Night with the Buffalo Bisons, Children's Miricle Network functions,DK Publishings' Attack of the Authors Tour, Star Wars Night with the Wilmington Blue Rocks as well as many more great events. Thank you Echo for doing what you do- troop! Continue on doing it!

Membership

2011 was a great year for new recruits! Echo picked up fifteen new members across the territory! The "New Frames" measure was a great success, and the 2011 Census went great. In the end, Echo is a strong base with a great bunch of like minded individuals. Thank you for being a member of Echo Base!

Issues

In 2011, Echo had a few minor issues which were ironed out quickly and smoothly. I thank every one in the base for your understanding in regard to all that happened over this year.

Well this is all I have in my notes to give to the State of Echo. Again thank you to all the members for a wonderful year, to Terry Browning (Navajo Bro) for helping out, Gil, Tharren, Mary Alice, and Chris for stepping up and doing a great job for the past year!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: