About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=04a9373dcca78beb121012975bc82e80Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trouble attaching boot toppers for Slave Leia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit Jatekara ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Trouble attaching boot toppers for Slave Leia Reply with quote

I have boots and boot toppers. I got them from Jamin but I'm having a real hard time attaching the boot toppers to the boots. I can't seem to get the little metal prongs poked through and if I do when I move on to the next set the ones I have gotten done fall out before I can do anything, even when I bend them down.

On top of that I have nerve damage in my hands that affect my fine control and make this hard enough to begin with. Does anyone have and tips or tricks on how to do this and get them to stay on so I can sew them down?

Thanks!
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also have Jamin's boot toppers, and you use the metal prongs to secure it to the boot, but you also should also secure it around the top with little small nails or something to tack it down. I also sewed the bottom part down to eliminate it from moving around on top of my foot. You should put something firm as backing and cover it with similar fabric on the inside of the boot to help it not to sag when wearing it. These boots look great if done right but they are a bit of a pain to do.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kit Jatekara ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: