About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7eb5c98d30ac7e965a41b71563291a7eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Walker's 3PO - WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Walker (Ashley Walker)
Legion PR Officer
Legion PR Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Walker's 3PO - WIP Reply with quote

It's time to build
C3PO

From reading through others WIPs here and across over at the C3PO Builders you read that there is a lot of time spent on this costume in collecting all the parts...and they would be right!

I started this project when I returned from the US after Celebration VI, and I'm slowly collecting all the required add on bits Very Happy

As most do, I will be purchasing one of Chris Bartlett's fibreglass suits, and while it does come complete with all the greebles...etc... I want to upgrade quite a few of the parts at the start.

So - on with the show!!!!

Head

The head is from Starbuckcylon and is a resin rotocast. It again comes with resin greebles that I will replace.

I have a few concerns at the moment that it is thin in places, but i'm sure that once prepped, and plated it won't be noticeable.

The other concern is that the back will need re-sculpting or possibly replacing it with a printed part.

Antenna
I have purchased a new head antenna from Fenix off of eBay. As you can see, the detail of the brass part is far superior.

Eyes
For eyes I have a choice between an Acrylic set that I got from Fenix and a Brass set from Paul "c3co" from C3PO Builders. The brass eyes I think are better but the Acrylics will be lighter.

Neck Bolts
Again, while these are supplied with the Helmet, to get a bit more detail and functionality I have got these from Paul "c3co" in Brass

Additional Pieces

Arm details in Brass from Fenix Props

Chest Antennas in Brass from Fenix Props

Hand Rods and Knuckles in Brass from Fenix Props

Torso Bolts in Brass from Paul "c3co"

(borrowed image from Gordon Tarpley - to be replaced)
Elbow Bolt in Brass from Paul "c3co"

And the journey continues...
Temple of the Ice Spires - Temple Master

_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome !! sweet !

D-3po ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off to a good start.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Droids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: