About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=105aa6433cc8dadf6aa29755a59770c0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

***Han Solo FAQ's***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: ***Han Solo FAQ's*** Reply with quote

This thread is designed to gather Frequently Asked Questions for all things Han Solo. Help me fill this out guys and gals, give me your questions. I will update this thread with more Q&A from time to time... hope it helps!

***Han Solo FAQ***

1. Where is a good place to buy a holster?
A. MP productions. Right now there are no known vendors outside of MP production. I highly encourage people to read the forums on the growing number of holster builds that are out there.

2. How do I go about buying Han Solo Pants?
A. This is a two-answer question. You can buy them or alter them. If you want to buy them, there are very few vendors that will work without many alterations... Here is one of them: Han Pants by Magnoli Clothiers. If you want,
there are vendors with pants that require alteration like Costumebase Pants... much cheaper, and are in need of tons of alterations.

3.What is a Pintuck or Riding Seam?
A. Here is a thread that will guide you to everything you need to know about Pintuck and Riding Seams.

4. Will a Costumebase Han Solo pass as formal?
A. No… it will not. However, there are alterations you can make to the costume, and the holster can be altered to bring that costume up to a quality that is acceptable which can be found in this thread here: Costumebase alterations.

5. Where do I go to get a blaster? How much do they cost?
A. Like many things Han Solo, one must ask what their abilities are… Can you make one, or are you willing to pay the hundreds of dollars for a good blaster? You can get a Master Replicas blaster on Ebay and pay anywhere from 350-700$ for a blaster. You can also pick up a blaster at vendors who specialize in props. Here is a listing of a few vendors: Unique canes. These blasters are very accurate and a bit cheaper than the Master Replicas blasters out there. However like anything it’s almost always cheaper to make your own.

6. If I were to make my own blaster, how do I start?
A. Costumers who make their own blasters are in a class of their own, with many conversations as to “how you did that?”. The first thing one must do if your interested in making your own blaster is to read what others have done. Here are a few threads to help you get started: ESB Denix Blaster Build and Joe Solo's Air soft Blaster Build. I would also recommend taking a look at Blaster Builders Club, and the Replica Prop Forums. These places have endless amounts of info to help guide you down the path to building an awesome blaster!

7. What is a Droid Caller and how do I go about getting one?
A. A droid caller is a tool that Han Solo and others in the movie carry. Han carries his on his holster, and much can be learned by reading these threads: Droid caller thread 1 and Droid Caller thread 2 and even Droid caller thread 3. There are many links talking about Droid callers… You can always do a search using typical search engines and type the words “droid caller “.

8. How does one go about getting Han Solo boots? How much do they cost?
A. A good thread to start with is: Han Boots discussion and here are a few vendors: Motor Cowboy, CA Boots , www.soyonet.co , Redfordfilms(Museum Replicas) Save up your money though... A good pair of boots can run up to 400$ if you have them made. And if your lucky you can get a pair on Ebay for a ton less.

9. Where can I get a three hole-belt?
A. here's a new vendor I found for 3-hole belt cuffwatches.net or beltoutlet

10. If I wanted to learn more about working with leather... where would I start?
A. I would recomend going to your local Tandy Leather or visit their website... which is very informative! The ABC's of Leather Craft pages 1-5

Last edited by SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn) on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Havok69 I have added:

10. If I wanted to learn more about working with leather... where would I start?
A. I would recomend going to your local Tandy Leather or visit their website... which is very informative! The ABC's of Leather Craft pages 1-5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: