Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b29c15e2f02f2c516e96f3c5d14efa3dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Soundboard for X-Wing Pilot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lauphen_Staar (Emma)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedidan45 wrote:
That is super awesome...any chance you guys are gonna do an Android version?

I plan on downloading the mp3s, but I would definitely pay for an android app!
dashrender (Jason N)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would the app do?
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'm surprised no company has made a programmable portable sound effects unit besides the ThinkGeek one. Even something like a sound button keychain that you could stick a memory card in. It doesn't sound all that complicated. If ThinkGeek can do it, why not anyone else?

But as for the ThinkGeek system, it's a piece of crap. Besides the crappy speaker, the thing is insanely fragile (especially the pin connectors)... I took it with me to the last Star Wars Celebration used it one day and when I got home about a week later the thing didn't work anymore. Connections were fine, brand new batteries, everything... but it just didn't work anymore. I never could figure out what happened to it.

And besides how fragile it is, it has an auto shut-off, so if you don't use it for a couple minutes (and it's only two or three minutes-- maybe five at most) it shuts itself off, and then you have to manually turn the power box off and then on again. If you have the box tucked inside your costume and hidden from view, that means that if you don't constantly use the thing every few seconds, you'll have to fish through your costume to try to find the power box and activate it again. It's a royal pain. That's why I only used it for one day at CVI, I just got tired of having to unzip my flightsuit, search around for the box, pull it out, switch it off and then back on again, put it back into my flightsuit, zip it up and press the sound button. By that time the moment to use the sound had long passed.

The ThinkGeek one is an interesting idea but it's not worth the money at all. I've even bought two of them... The connectors on the first one broke after I unplugged the cord and tried to plug it back in, the second one was the one I mentioned above.

I sure wish someone else would make a better, sturdier one. I'd buy one in a heartbeat...

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
pandatrooper ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy who makes stuff on the RPF that can program custom sound boards for projects like this (if you know how to solder a few switches, etc. this is a really affordable solution).

http://www.replicaprops.com/Sound-Modules_c_10.html
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 9 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TIE pilots have chatter, so I would think we could "borrow" some of their ideas for set up.

I know there are some vendors at JRS and also some hardware available at Trooperbay, but of course we would use our own sound files.

I am working on a TIE costume.... not far along enough to do sound, but when I am, I fully intend on adapting sound for my orange. And I'll be happy to share what I learn. Smile

But in the meantime, perhaps some of our already-approved cross-Legion pilots could weigh in?

Proverbs 3:5-6

Check out our new Facebook Fan Page! https://www.facebook.com/BespinBaseGA
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put this loop together when I built my pilot. I have a small MP3 player which has a built in speaker that fits in the ear cup of my helmet so it sounds like the radio chatter is coming from the coms in the helmet. It works great. I have also put it behind the coms panel on the left forearm when I'm wearing the helmet, that is a cool effect too. Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/84bpf5y642b7z0w/xxxxStarwars%20pilots%20chatter.mp3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: