About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=86f8dabeb138182bdbb5729e4d762037Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Looking to rent or buy someone's Han Solo costume for a Job.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlewis

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Looking to rent or buy someone's Han Solo costume for a Job. Reply with quote

Hello Everyone I would like to introduce myself my name is Shawn, I work with a bunch of celebrity look-alike's and I was offered a walk around gig but need a costume quick. If anyone would be willing to help me out I would appreciate it, I have been reading and researching the threads but time is not a friend right now so again I'm asking for some help heard a lot about the rebel Legion thought I would give it a try thanks in advance.
Shawn
jlewis

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking to rent or buy someone's Han Solo costume for a Reply with quote

jlewis wrote:
Hello Everyone I would like to introduce myself my name is Shawn, I work with a bunch of celebrity look-alike's and I was offered a walk around gig but need a costume quick. If anyone would be willing to help me out I would appreciate it, I have been reading and researching the threads but time is not a friend right now so again I'm asking for some help heard a lot about the rebel Legion thought I would give it a try thanks in advance.
Shawn

Nobody?
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, honestly, we put way too much effort into our outfits to rent or lend them out, especially to someone we don't know. Also, we cannot use our outfits for profit or self-gain, so you're kinda barking up the wrong tree.
If you just need something quick and dirty, I would suggest scouring Ebay.
jlewis

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly understand. I'm knew to the rebel Legion, and I'm certainly going to try eBay I just wanted to find the most realistic costume. Thanks
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to buy, sell and trade are for members only... and only on certain forums.

If your interested in becoming a member we can help you with documentation, and advise.

For needing a costume fast you might want to go with Ebay. Some of the more accurate costumes can take years to put together... not to mention hundreds of dollars.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for yah.

Bob
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can try Magnoli for the soft parts.

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/military-trousers-pants-p-345.html
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/falcon-shirt-shirts-p-343.html
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/smuggler-vest-vests-p-344.html

MPfilmcraft for the holster

http://www.mpfilmcraft.com/mpfilmcraft/Han.html

you'll also need one of these

http://www.beltoutlet.com/threholbridj.html

and a pair of black boots (~17-19 inch tall).
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already mentioned, RL members cannot use their costumes for profit, so you taking a walk around "gig" being paid as Han Solo with a costume you own would make it where you couldnt be a member.

Just a note, but ultimately your decision Smile I'm glad some folks have pointed you to where you can buy items. Just dont be too upset with member here when they dont respond to just lend or sell you their costumes. They worked very hard on them and use them within the clubs rules, and to help their communities with out ever asking a dime.

As this forum is public and we have an agreement with Lucasfilms to not use our costumes for profit and to not post costume/armor makers websites publically, I'm going to lock this thread down. You can find plenty of information on building your own costumes by searching these forums and PMing folks directly. But for the protection of our members who do not use their costumes for profit in the event LFL happens on this thread, I want to prevent anyone from publically lending this guy a costume.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: