Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=229bbb65f7db69f3862cfe8a387c5198Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Goals for DB94

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Goals for DB94 Reply with quote

So I guess I will start off by saying thanks for the support by making me your CO for this Detachment... I wont let you down! Smile

So in the next few days, I will be hashing out who the XO will be... hopefully before Friday.

Once I have established who the XO will be we will get a few projects started. These projects will be directed towards costume references and tutorials for all Fringe costumes, not just Hans and Chewies. We will need effort from everyone especially those who have excelled in those costumes we are looking to fill the information gap on. I hope to get everyone involved in these projects.

In the meantime while we are working out a plan to move forward with this detachment, I would like to hear from anyone and everyone with your ideas on how we can make this Detachment flourish!

Thanks again!

Bob Kohn
DCO
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

So we now have our command staff in place, and have been working on putting together a more viable Fringe section. We have a few new forums to help navigate for new comers. I hope you all find the new layout a bit more pleasing and the navigation thru the forums to be a bit easier.

We also have started something new for the Fringe, and that is the FAQ sections for both Wookiees and Han alike. My goal is to add to these in time, and too also create FAQ's for other characters in the Fringe as the information comes forward.

We have started actively going after costumers to encourage them to write up tutorials to key sections within the Fringe. Many of these efforts should begin to show themselves in the months to come. In the meantime I highly encourage all members to take pictures and document everything they can on their build. One it allows you to go back and see what you might have done wrong, but also gives invaluable information to new potential costumers who want to follow in your footsteps!

There is also a patch run in the near future. I have stated before this is not my primary goal as DCO, but I will do my best to move these ventures along once they arrive on my desk. It has hit my desk, now I just need a bit of time to move it along and get the process going.

We are also discussing in the command section ways of backing up all tutorials on a photo-bucket account to prevent possible broken links... which seems to happen every now and then. This photo-bucket will be the property of the Fringe DCO... whoever that may be at that time. To be passed along if you will.

Many things to come, I will update more from time to time.

Thanks

Bob Kohn
Docking Bay 94 ~ DCO
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, Bob. It's nice to see a detachment taking a more active role in getting costuming info out there. So many good costuming sites have become stagnant or have simply gone offline, Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy being a major one. I think that gives us an opportunity to step in and become the go to guys/gals for making rebel costumes, much as the 501st Detachments have done.

I'm actively working on an massive overhaul to the Chewie Costuming Resources page. In the world of Wookiee costuming it used to be the end-all, be-all resource, but so much new information has been learned over the last few years that anything short of a complete rewrite will be inadequate.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt... that is the best news I have heard in a long time. I cannot wait to see the new changes. If there is anything I can do let me know. I have many pics as well you can over on my site... you probably have most of them though.

SoloYT1300's chewbacca photos
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year is going way too fast and it seems like there is so much more to do and so little time.

I would like wrap up my initial goals for what I set out to do for DB94 before the end of my term. That leaves me with a handful of people out there who have offered up their services for Tutorials and costume breakdown... I hope to see some of those before the end of my term... I hate things left unfinished and any help in those tutorials will help many other people in the RL.

I do not know if I will be running again for DCO, so for me its really important to finish what I have started, and not leave the next CO in the dark. So help me finish what we have started by making DB94 the example of what a Detachment should be for the rest of the RL to follow.

Only have a few months, I will be sending out reminders to those people who offered to help with tutorials in the next week or so.

Thanks again!

Bob Kohn
DCO
Nikkos Khann (Conley Nichols)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all!

Just a reminder if you have volunteered to create any FAQ's, please continue to work on those and get them posted as soon as you can.

Thanks.

Conley

'I've got a bad feeling about this!'
Docking Bay 94 CO 2011-Present
Comlink Admin - Fringe LCJ,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: