About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=28d40289183f38747b209127e6ec3f73Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebel Legion/501st Coin Image Vote
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rebel Legion symbol that I like best is...
A
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
D
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
F
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
G
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
B
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
C
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
E
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
H (Please state what your 'other' Option would be in post
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 3
Total Votes : 5
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results/Undo Votes

Registration
 (0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
User Registered Confirmed
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Rebel Legion/501st Coin Image Vote Reply with quote

so I am still toying around with doing a coin run.

I am reviving the interest thread with a different goal in mind now. I am asking for a quick vote on the images we like the most of the possible run. I have no real skill when it comes to photoshop and whatnot, but I am giving it the good old try!

so I am changing the poll of this thread from just a vague interest thread to a mini vote thread.

I am trying to figure out what image is the 'most' recognizable or emblic of the RL. Something that could go on the flip side of a dual coin idea. The Rebel Legion coin side A would possibly look like this

with the RL aspect of the coin highlighted over the 501st aspect. On the B side of the RL coin would be the image that 'best' represents the RL
something like
A (Jedi outline):
or
B (Jedi Robe
C (Boots)
D (lightsaber of some sort)

Another idea would be outlines of
E Pilots
F Chewie
G Leia Organica
H other

PLEASE VOTE FOR 1 OPTION ONLY!

The 501st coin side A would look something like this:

with the B side having something like this:
or whatever the vote pics! Smile

The idea is to have a two coins run at the same time where you can choose which side is 'your' side. Or you could collect both! Smile

EDIT:
I also have this idea for the 'A' side of both coins

where the RL side would be highlighted for RL coins and the 501st aspect highlighted for 501st coins.
Vote for the A side option will be done on the registration thread with 1 being the first option and 2 being this second image Smile
Princess Dee ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One very important thing to keep in mind is that we can't alter the legion logo in any way.

Nor can we alter our base logo.

I would suggest starting with the logos for both legions. Or go to something 'general' for both sides, like a lightsaber and a blaster.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Dee wrote:
One very important thing to keep in mind is that we can't alter the legion logo in any way.

I would suggest starting with the logos for both legions. Or go to something 'general' for both sides, like a lightsaber and a blaster.

I don't understand why we can't alter the logo a bit. I mean Rob and I made the below pic into a patch. I've seen countless logos changed around for events and what-have-you.

I'd actually like to see something with NarShaddaa on one side and the other side could be a split image of half MWG and the other half WIS. I already have a coin that has RL on one side and 501st on the other.

Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Bunny wrote:

I'd actually like to see something with NarShaddaa on one side and the other side could be a split image of half MWG and the other half WIS. I already have a coin that has RL on one side and 501st on the other.

I am already working on a base coin......waiting on quotes for that idea...still tweaking how MWG would work with the Wisc garrison....if that is something I want to split....or just offer one option.
I am not familiar with the issues that occured before me, and with respects to those who would feel alienated...I am hoping to do something that would be a fast and easy coin to make. Smile

V
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Dee wrote:

Can we take elements from the logo and use those?
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ever coin you do.. you cant have a Nar shaddaa coin with MWG only..
if you have to include WIG if you go that way.

I know you already kinda said this..
but you also said you might consider the option..

you cant have one or the other, its got to be both or neither ...IMO

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Valissa ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:

ok...this is where I am going to display some of my ignorance on the subject matter. I do not know how or why the RL includes both Wisc and IL and the 501st IL base does not. But I do not understand why...if the coin is a combination of the two bases...a third base would have to be included.

I am not looking to exclude anyone...I just do not understand how/why it works out that way.

-Valissa
CC 585 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Dee wrote:

Agreed.

I'm sure others can tell you about the last Alteration to a Units Logo was not pleasant.

As for a Nar Shaddaa & MWG Coin I personally don't care,However To be fair to both states you should have the RL Logo on the other side or Outlaw (based on popularity)

Then Again how many in this Base even want one?
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valissa wrote:
Crix wrote:

ok...this is where I am going to display some of my ignorance on the subject matter. I do not know how or why the RL includes both Wisc and IL and the 501st IL base does not. But I do not understand why...if the coin is a combination of the two bases...a third base would have to be included.

I am not looking to exclude anyone...I just do not understand how/why it works out that way.

-Valissa

A bit of history to hopefully clear things up a bit.

Back when both the base and the garrison were first formed, both consisted of 5 states (WI, IL, IN, MI, and OH) - Named Midwest Base and Midwest Garrison respectively.

On the Garrison side, over the course of the last 14 years states have split off to form their own garrison for various reasons. WI was the last state to split from MWG in early 2010. WI splitting was very painful for the garrison on members from both states. There was a lot of resentment on both sides of the issue. Some of those wounds are just starting to heal while others I'm sure will fester for a while yet.

On the Base side. Midwest Base was an official RL Base until October 2009. At that time the state of Indiana made the decision to form their own base (Mos Espa) geographically splitting the base in 2. At that time the remaining 4 states had a long and at often times heated discussion on remaining a base of 4 states or splitting up. In the end the decision was made to split the remaining 4 states into two bases. MI and OH became Great Lakes Base and WI and IL became Nar Shaddaa Base.

At that time the members from WI and IL discussed the idea of staying one base or having each state form it's own base. A vote was taken with the result that 95% of the active members wished to keep both states together. At that time, as well as today, neither state has enough active members to fulfill the required number of members to become a stand alone base.

I hope that helps a bit. This is an brief overview of how the 501st and RL ended up with different boarders.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blue (Beth)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just a reminder that if it's going to officially be both 501 and RL you have to make sure that it's approved by both the RL Merch Officer (Joel Webne) and the 501st Merch Officer (Scott Will)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not really into the coins..

but Trent metioned the Outlaw squadron...now that sounds cool.. at least to me Laughing

NSB on one side
outlaws on other.. I like that..

but other then outlaws themself and maybe a few NSB members, would there be much intrest?

getting sick of all the 501st stuff.. we need more Rebel swag!

but again as for coins.. if it had something to do with NSB, then I probley be interested...

if not.. I doubt it

just my 2 cents

CC 585 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but other then outlaws themself and maybe a few NSB members, would there be much intrest?

Being a Guy who has a history with merch esp MWG ,with little interest the item will take forever to meet the min in this case cost effective amount is 100pc
The normal chain of things is Patch-T-Shirt-Coin-Pins..Anything else is a stretch or become ridiculous with Pencils

One thing I noticed when river came on board with the MWG there was nearly 8 things (estimating) 2 items made it to a run. but the one thing that helped gauge things INTEREST thread it saved on alot of legg work for nothing.

I love coins,but one per unit that i'm associated to.In all honesty Cant wear it i'm not Flava Flav.

Very Happy
Zombie_Bunny (Janine Jender)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crix wrote:

I know the "bad blood" story with WIS and MWG, but that is over with. At least for the people that had no involvement. I mean if Valissa doesn't do the run of Nar Shaddaa/MWG coins, I might go ahead and do them. It's not like it isn't being fair. Anyone is more than welcome to do a run of WIS/Nar Shaddaa coins. It's just that I am a Nar Shaddaa member and soon to be MWG member. I want a coin to reflect such. I am not a WIS member, so I don't care to have that logo on my coin. I'm sure there are WIS members that don't care to have the MWG logo on the side of their coin either. There is no rule that says that we have to do both or none.
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie_Bunny wrote:
Crix wrote:

I know the "bad blood" story with WIS and MWG, but that is over with. At least for the people that had no involvement. I mean if Valissa doesn't do the run of Nar Shaddaa/MWG coins, I might go ahead and do them. It's not like it isn't being fair. Anyone is more than welcome to do a run of WIS/Nar Shaddaa coins. It's just that I am a Nar Shaddaa member and soon to be MWG member. I want a coin to reflect such. I am not a WIS member, so I don't care to have that logo on my coin. I'm sure there are WIS members that don't care to have the MWG logo on the side of their coin either. There is no rule that says that we have to do both or none.

you are appsolutly right(sorry poor speller) there is no rule..

I was just thinking for the good of the base.. we should stay away from that..
but this is just my opinion...

I think if we do NSB swag.. then it should be NSB swag.. not 501st..
not all NSB are 501st, not all MWG and WIG are NSB..

but hey, again this is just my opinion..
I think its awesome someone trying to do more swag!

I dont want to sound like I was trying to stop anyone or anything..
I am just trying to keep the D word from hitting NSB... know what I mean..
sometimes its the littlest.. stupidest things that set people off..

CC 585 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know the "bad blood" story with WIS and MWG, but that is over with. At least for the people that had no involvement

If you truly knew the "History" the Term "Bad Blood" in the MWG was present when I joined in 2003.Ohio, Indiana..Then Michigan Then Wisconsin.all were Evil for leaving Rolling Eyes

In-retrospect after eight years Growth happens and some people just hate change.bottom line its a the forums that gets out of hand people get crazy.get people in closer units more face to face you can reduce Forum flame wars.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: