About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=789bfcd8ab3c804d3d4f1aa3ba8b8c6dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Swanny's ANH DL-44

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swanny ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Swanny's ANH DL-44 Reply with quote

been a while since ive been on here. but ive finally got around to putting this together. ive been working on my blaster over the past week and this is kind of what ive come up with. the only problem is that i am going ot have to cut out a notch in my holster to accommodate for my scope and mount so it rests in the holster properly. the one part ive not figured out how to do yet is the Grill. im trying to not use Blast-tech or CE and rather make the part out of something else instead. suggestions for the grill would be appreciated.

I bought this as the base for the Blaster. it was a $20metal airsoft gun i found on amazon. came to $30 with shipping.

the next part i chose to make was the Flash Hider. i Originally was going to try and have this Machined but things didnt work out. then i read on here that someone ( JoeSolo maybe?) used bottle caps as part of their flash hider. I kinda liked that idea so i used it and started looking for other odds and ends at hardware sores and in the garden centers of sotres i could fine. i ended up making this out of two coke bottle caps, the flare on a funnel, and a garden hose end cap. superglue is holding it all togerther. i thought it came out pretty well.

before i Spray Painted it just a flat black:

and after:

next i set out on making the Scope Mount. i had already picked up a scope from Gander Mountain for like 5 dollars total. was on some sale they had. i figured id try it and worse comes to worst im not out THAT much and i could always use it for something else. it did work though. i just removed the one end of the scope. for the Mount i went to the hardware store and bought some straight Mending braces. had to cut them down with a hacksaw to get them the right length. i used one longer one and 4 shorter ones. again some really strong super glue is holding it all together. then i glued on some coins for the screw/knobs and painted it.

Scope:

before:

after:

then i glued the scope to the mount. and i sawed down the length of the barrel a bit before i put the Flash Hider on. i still have to do that plus figure out something for the Grill.

so thats where i am so far wit hthis build. feedback is welcome and appriciated.

Mike
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not crazy about the coins, you can still tell what they are even after being painted over. Everything else looks really good and I LOVE your flash hider. It turned out really well.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ten points for ingenuity. the flash hider is inspiring. to think, that came from found parts, like coke caps. that's pretty cool. Cool
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Swanny's ANH DL-44 Reply with quote

Swanny wrote:

the next part i chose to make was the Flash Hider. i Originally was going to try and have this Machined but things didnt work out. then i read on here that someone ( JoeSolo maybe?)

Yes, Joe Solo's the name, plastic hiders are my game! Laughing

Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a bit of bondo or Puddy and cover the coins, sand, then paint... will look a ton better than the coins...

Very creative though.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: