About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=bf7f9931d74e838578f1201039c9e3c9Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Droid caller
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on your notion of realism. on the one hand the CE is more Realistic in its details, but you'd have to be very close to see the difference; on the other hand the evolution is more Realistic in the fact that it's made of metal, and you can spot this from across the room. I like the idea of a metal prop.. but I've also been thinking of getting a resin one too. it'd be a lot cheaper to replace so I wouldn't have to worry about banging it into walls and stuff when I walk around.
Lichtbringer ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
it depends on your notion of realism. on the one hand the CE is more Realistic in its details, but you'd have to be very close to see the difference; on the other hand the evolution is more Realistic in the fact that it's made of metal, and you can spot this from across the room.

No, in no way - the inaccuracies of this (it´s not only the greeblies, it´s the complete shape, next to no detail is correct) are from a greater distance visible than metal/plastic.

Sorry i have to mention that - even more cause i LIKE metal.

Have a nice day,
Michael
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing beats the real deal if you can find one. However CE is a good alternative for those who cannot find nor afford the real thing.
Defiance (Carlos)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? Unless you are prop master, Sci-fi nerd versed in "star wars lore" or a member of the RL or 501st, most people have no clue what a droid caller is, let alone what is based off of or that Han even had one attached to his belt.

More importantly, the kids we troop for really have no clue! In fact I have seen more kids thrilled at the fact that some storm troopers have light & sounds coming from their blasters. Despite the fact that sometimes they are nothing more than repainted toys, while guys who dropped mad cash for original everything to replicate true "screen accurate" go unnoticed by most.

Believe me, if it was within my powers to obtain all true screen accurate props, I would do so in a heart beat. (It would be this nerds dream come true!) And while resin cast may be more accurate (I have a few myself) nothing feels, looks or holds like real metal.

Personally I dig my evolution props droid caller & would advise them as a great alternative to anyone as long as they were accepted by the RL standards.
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if "they don´t know it better" is a appropriate excuse for taking such shortcuts, then the cheap Rubies costume should be good enough, too.

With some patience the real Kobold can be found for not much more than the EP ones, sometimes even for less. And with just a little bit more work EP could improve his a lot - but granted, than it would no longer be fast and easy money.

Btw, this is from his website - and it´s a complete lie:

Quote:
" Han Solo Droid Caller "

SWHSTO0001

Now you can get the Better Droid Caller avaible to Complete your Han Costume

This Piece are perfect Screen Accurate , maked by hand for my expert workshop (like the originals one)

It´s in no way screen accurate, and for sure the originals were not made like his. Laughing

Have a nice day,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Weaponry and Props All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: