Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d69049e2c8912d5ae41925745bf8879aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Found Hair Extensions Good for any padme or leia costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

They can easily be unbraided and styled into whatever you need. I know the owner of Three Muses, her name is Candy, and these extensions are very reasonable and last. I am very happy with them. Amadalia
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
padawan_rachael (Rachael James)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I just got my hair extension's last night i just have to pick them up from my friend's house.
Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

That's great! Amadalia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the thickness in the three muses braid. Thanks for posting the resource. Very nice. Very Happy
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

I'm glad that you are happy with it! Amadalia
I have had my first braid extension from Candy for 2.5 years now and its still going strong and matches my hair perfectly to the point that people walk up to me and ask if that is my real hair. Smile You cant beat the price either. I hope she never stops selling them. Cool
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ladies here are some photo's of my hair extensions

first is the longer hair peice.

ponytail too

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! Matches your hair color really well.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea and their really easy to put i hope their long enough for padme's battle outfit from episode 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that CVI is over, I can get back to business on my Ceremonial Leia build Very Happy I just placed my order for my hair extensions from Three Muses! I get my measurements taken for the dress on Sunday cheerleader
Morgana ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that this thread came up to the top again. I got a hair piece to attach to my hair for my battle handmaiden but it just does the job. If I cut my hair at all I'll need something longer. I also like that they have an attachable bun. If anyone saw my attempt at CVI of putting my long but very fine hair in a bun it was sad. You can't even see it in pictures.
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently bought kanekalon hair from a dreadlock shop. Wink (The shop was located in the Nederlands, and I ordered it online).
Apperantly all my previous troubles with finding long extensions could have been avoided if only I had known to look for hair for dreading. Rolling Eyes
I just searched for kanekalon hair, but if you need something a little less long the shop I ordered from also had some other fiber hairs that looks really great. Very Happy (I also ordered some of that).

The kanekalon is 48"/120 cm and the fiberhair 39"/100 cm.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
tinabelle2006 ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my hair extensions in from Three Muses and they are GREAT! Very nice quality. Does anyone have any tips on connecting them for the Ceremonial Leia hair-do?
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do! Smile How long are they? I used kanekalon 48" hair and used three packets.

First I unfolded two packets of hair and put them together. I took a small, non-metal, black elastic and tied one of the ends of as close to the end as I could without risking it slipping off. Then I used a piece of yarn and tied the same end to a chair. I carefully divided the hair in three and braided until I had about 7-8" left (or 20 cm). Then I tied it off with another of the elastics.
The final packet of hair was braided for the smaller braid around the head. This was braided as far down as I could.

For attaching them to the head:
First I made my own hair into a high ponytail, which I braided and wrapped around inself. (I have long hair. If you have shorter hair just get the slick high ponytail effect and tuck the ends down). Then take the long, thick braid. Take a bobby pin and attach the end of the braid (the one with as little non-braided hair as possible) to the bottom of the base. Wrap the large braid around the base and use bobby pins to secure it. Let it hang down the back after you have completed the round.
Second braid is started the same way as the first. Tuck the end under the large braid to hide it, and then start wrapping. You start close to your own hair, and then let the circles lie on top of each other. Secure as you go. When you only have enough left for a final circle then make that circle without securing it and tuck the end under. Then secure the end and braid and you should be done. Smile
For me this took about 20 minutes the first time I did it. Hope it was helpful.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
ShayneThill ()

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Found Hair Extensions Good for any padme or leia costume Reply with quote

padawan_rachael wrote:
I've been looking for a pony tail extension for Pad'me and i found a great ebay seller that has really great hair extension's Here are some of the links.
what's really good about it it's free shipping!

19 inch ponytail 8$ free shipping

and This 55cm bigger ponty tail extension 10$

These straight hair wigs look really nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: