About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=36f5e9851496aac8d3c4f61aea023960Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Source for Han Belt Buckles and fasteners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HanSagan (Peter Haynes)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Source for Han Belt Buckles and fasteners Reply with quote

Just in the middle of my Han Holster build, and I'm trying to track down a source for buckles. I've heard that MP doesn't sell theirs separately anymore, and neither does costumebase (I checked) I guess I could shell out for a costumebase belt and take it apart, but I'd rather not...are there any other options?

www.angels2200.com

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Options for buckles are limited to how crafty you or someone in your area are. There are no vendors that outright sell them, and most of the vendors buckles are simply not that good IMO.

If you know someone that has a MIG welder you can make them for about 20$ in material. I took mine to a local midas shop (muffler shop) and they welded my buckles for free... I gave him a tip though. They were really excited with what I was doing, and when I told them what it was for they got all nerdy and where happy to help.

Don't be afraid to ask your local base for help. between the 501 and RL... someone welds I bet!

Bob Kohn
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, you could use an epoxy to weld stuff together, I don't know if they have it over there, but here there's something called J & B Cold Weld.
The stuff is really strong and very easy to work with. mix equal parts of the tubes, apply and let stand for about 16 hours and it won't come undone.
So, you could just cut the face plates out of metal, then cold weld the attachment system to the back.

Mine are MP face plates, I J&B welded some bolts to the back and use acorn nuts to attach the backplate (which was made by a friend based on the MP backplate). The belt clips into the back plate and the holster slides onto one of the bolts I welded on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: