About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=50dc42ff81b016e030a02422ce1dff06Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire costume Reply with quote

I had a fellow base member turn me on to the possibility of doing a Luke Dark Empire costume (since I have a Luke and a Vader costume and it mostly appears to be a combination of those parts.)

So I'm looking for some advice and/or reference photos for said costume. I have some that I can post when I get home (stupid filters here at work Mad ) but if anyone else can post some reference photos (I know it's in the Dark Empire 2 comic series and there is at least one action figure) and do a little dissecting of your opinions regarding the costume parts I would greatly appreciate it!!

I'm looking at pics and I'm getting different things. In some pics it looks like the top is the usual Vader leather, and then in other it appears that it is closer to Luke's ROTJ shirt and vest with the tabbards. The belt appears to be different than Vader, but the rest (from the waist down and the gloves) appears to be Vader parts with the exception of the high collar on the cape, but I could be wrong.

That's where I'm hoping my fellow Jedi can be helpful and I will post the pics I have later this evening (stupid filters Mad ).

Thanks in advance!!
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pics I found......

Any comments or opinons would be appreciated
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a look when I get home from work & see if I have any different images, but you've already posted quite a few there Wink

I haven't seen the figure before though- a custom one of yours ?

Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the same base member who showed me the costume in the first place forwarded me the action figure pics and a couple of the others.
The rest I got off of Amazon.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the last one through google serch, its from sideshow collectors' forums. http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25219 Looks to be a fanmade rendition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, boy. You looked for some costume. There are SO MANY different pictures of him.

At first, of course: The "Dark Empire" comics. But due to the drawing and coloring style, it's difficult to gain information about the costume. Not that the style is bad, but its an artistic style not one which is up to depicting everything as detailed as possible.

Anyway, you can consult the following sources for good material:

Star Wars: Dark Empire (I suggest you concentrate on all the cover pictures of Luke; there, he is often depicted with much details)
Star Wars: Crimson Empire (the first one, there are some nice flashbacks with Luke)
Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith - The Essential Guide to the Force
Star Wars: The New Essential Chronology

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: