About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07182d4d0469cdd117c03e411ddd7389Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fringe Standards; Possible Revisions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lichtbringer ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, that´s exactly what i tried to say how it should be. Smile

Informal as a way to "get the foot in the door" (maybe if not money or resources are available to do a high profile face-charakter in a accurate way), and also to get people to do all the nice stuff in background scenes and comics from a galaxy far away to make it "alive" - and who wants to represent a major "person" that was prominently displayed, should go the extra mile to get his work formal accepted.

If you ever decide to go for emperor with this, i would follow your order 66. Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Michael
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gotten me into more trouble than you know pushing that issue. However I am content as it is right now, I wont lie by saying I do believe it would work better that way. I just do not see it changing anytime soon.

I love democracy...

Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob.

Yeah, progress was never made due keeping old standards and running always the same old lines - only change can make thinks better, and to know if a change is good it has to be tried, first.

But with fear for new there can´t be any change happen.

I see it happening that people will borrow costumes and equipment to get the pics and the formal status approved, then after acceptance give them back and starting their own informal one. And there is no way to inhibit such, what to do to control worldwide - monthly pic-updates with a correct dated newspaper?

And under the existing rules i think that would be a pretty smart way to handle the situation. Better than to have a formal made for membership and then stored away. Wink

Anyway - funny, but not my problem.

Have a nice day,
Michael
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people are caught using other people's costume and parts for submission... its a banning offence from the Rebel Legion. Not probation... banning , possible to both members.

may want to share that bit of info.
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no way anyone could ever control that - unless it looks like a tent or a bodypainting. Laughing

RL-Officers, ääääh officials, at the frontdoor: "hands on the wall, don´t move. Where is your costume?"

RL-Suspect, looking guilty: "Sold, last year on Ebay/craigslist/garage sale."

RL-Officers, ääääh officials: "Your bad, the RL-council is not as forgiving as i am."

Wink

But as i mentioned, not my problem as i don´t do costuming.
I´m just amused with the more than funny rules. Very Happy

Have a nice day,
Michael
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may be amusing... but some (not all ) of the rules are needed for a club this size.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Doug wrote:
I am working on a Death Star Escape Han, and as has been mentioned, I would hope the standards on that can be adjusted to not include the leather gun belt, holster and blaster, since he is not wearing those in the film, but rather the accurate TK belt, holster, and blaster.

changes are in the works. Wink

-===-

here is the logic behind it:

for anakin AOTC, he spends half the movie with no belt tools or equipment. the geonoshans take away his pouches, food caps, covertec, etc.. his belt is laid bare.

BUT - you still can't get accepted in the RL without these props on the belt. there are no standards for "geonosis arena" anakin, which is really just the identical costume, but devoid of all belt props.

now.. there are changes in the works to make these belt items 'optional' for the anakin AOTC costume (since he spends half the movie without them, afterall) .. but the notion of creating a "new" formal costume without these items was flat-out rejected by the CO, as this would make it too easy to be accepted in the RL, with only 'half' a costume.

--> just because certain items are missing from certain scenes in the movie .. this doesn't always warrant a new "version" of the same costume in the RL. (nor does it guarantee that you can be accepted without these items, just because they are missing from a single scene).

this same POV was (?mistakenly?) applied to han solo deathstar escape costume. I say 'mistakenly' because the classic Han Solo holster/belt/gun is not 'missing', but rather Replaced, with a different holster/belt/gun.

so its not the same situation as the anakin AOTC.

the standards for the deathstar escape costume already exist in the RL (so they are clearly 'warranted' LOL) Wink and these standards are improperly calling for items that are NOT part of the costume -- this is a different/opposite situation from having a scene where required items are missing, and a "new" version of standards is NOT warranted (like "geonosis arena" anakin AOTC, for example).

I hope this gives you some insight into why things are, the way they are.
(( and why we are looking to change them )) Wink hehe

future applicants will be accepted as deathstar han with NO leather gunbelt/holster.
--> the white TK belt and E-11 holster are required INSTEAD.

(why? because -- unlike anakin AOTC -- this is a completely separate set of standards, and as such,
these standards should NOT call for items which are NOT a part of THIS version). Wink

cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: