About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=03a048537a24b16ffd25d86c539c4c47Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin Force FX Hilt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Anakin Force FX Hilt Reply with quote

So my Hasbro Force FX saber arrived today for my Anakin costume. I opened it up and noticed that it's a fixed blade...DOH! I can't return it. I didn't know that there are aparently 2 different versions. I fixed and a removable blade. Is this correct? Am I SOL? Can the one I have be modified or should I just sell it on E-bay and try to get some of my money back and then try to find one with a removable blade? Also, any advice on where to find one with the removable blade or anyone that makes a replica? Thanks.
Awoo (Aidan)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrasabers has a conversion service which can make the blade removable and upgraded to a duelling blade. The conversion will probably cost more than buying a new saber though.
http://www.ultrasabers.com/Anakin-MIC-p/mic-arots.htm

If you want to buy a new removable Hasbro FX try ThinkGeek, I got mine from there.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/collectibles/e26d/?srp=78
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I am not sure I want to spend another $129 when I can just put my current one up on E-Bay and then order one from ThinkGeek. I don't really plan on dueling much at all so blade strength isn't a super huge issue. What all is done with the conversion? The saber I got has 2 chips in the chrome right at the emitter so part of me wants to just get rid of it and get a new one unless the emitter is swapped out for a metal one. Decisions, decisions. Any info on the conversion process for those that have gone through with it would be great.
Mihunai (Jermain Palmen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tutorials on
www.fx-sabers.com and http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?15-MR-and-Hasbro-to-luxeon-3w-conversions.

From what I've seen the conversion shouldn't be that difficult.
So you would be looking roughly at 20 bucks for the kit,
8 bucks for the LED, and 30 bucks for a new blade,
although you =can= use the old blade...

However, if you want to sell it, you could consider selling it
for parts. FX-boards are still a sought after comodity in the
custom-saber community.
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how to solder and I don't know that I want to risk damaging something. Also, TCSS is sold out of their saber conversion kits. I contacted Ultra Sabers, but they only do the bare bones and the blade holder will remain plastic...not the most durable thing. They basically told me they just take the LED out and add in a new LED and a retention screw. The ring at the very edge of my Hasbro saber where the blade is has the chrome scratched off so you can see through it into the blade and the blue comes through. I was really hoping to find a way for a new blade holder to be added that was metal. Anyone else with some advice?
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a pm. Wink

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: