About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5cc1e3d7c14777066b98a9ccdbef043cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

a 'different' (but great!) Leia from 1978 Kenner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Master Alex (Alex Wilson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's the one I found too. great job on the recreation

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=39559
Smithie ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Iím Lydia the one who made this costume. I know this post is over a year old but I went away to school when Mark first posted it and I never had a chance to respond as a lot of things were put on hold until now. I would like to thank you all for checking it out and for your gracious comments. It was such a fun costume to make and wear. I put it together in about three days after realizing that I wouldnít be able to go to celebration V with out dressing up at least once. Surprisingly, only a handful of people recognized the costume but they were at least very enthusiastic in their recognition of it which made it worth it.

As to the hair issue itís actually all my own hair. Growing up a Star Wars fan I had always wanted hair like Princess Leia so in high school I decided to let it grow and now itís over four feet long. I know thatís a little crazy and Iím not sure how much longer I will have it this length as its take a lot of work but for now its so much fun to know that I can actually have Princess Leia hair styles with my own hair.

Thanks again,
Lydia
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Aysel's image and suddenly Star Wars Disco started playing in my head. Seriously.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smithie wrote:
Hello,
Iím Lydia the one who made this costume. I know this post is over a year old but I went away to school when Mark first posted it and I never had a chance to respond as a lot of things were put on hold until now. I would like to thank you all for checking it out and for your gracious comments. It was such a fun costume to make and wear. I put it together in about three days after realizing that I wouldnít be able to go to celebration V with out dressing up at least once. Surprisingly, only a handful of people recognized the costume but they were at least very enthusiastic in their recognition of it which made it worth it.

As to the hair issue itís actually all my own hair. Growing up a Star Wars fan I had always wanted hair like Princess Leia so in high school I decided to let it grow and now itís over four feet long. I know thatís a little crazy and Iím not sure how much longer I will have it this length as its take a lot of work but for now its so much fun to know that I can actually have Princess Leia hair styles with my own hair.

Thanks again,
Lydia

Hello!!! Thanks for coming on by and posting here!!! Your costume looks great Smile Your hair is awesome btw!!!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigosh I totally want to do this outfit now @_@
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: