About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5acda080d33aa5bdb7d99e908bed46e6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TCW Royalty & Senator Reference images
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nimé (Vanessa)
German Base CO
German Base  CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoninJedi wrote:
I think that I'm as of yet the only person to have done a Bombad Jedi Padme.
No, me too, me too. Mr. Green

RoninJedi wrote:
... the fabric was not PURE pure snowblindingly white, but not really an "offwhite" so I think you would be fine, but you can always check with the LCJs
I also used some kind of 'washed out' white, but it looks very white with flashlight photographing - the old problem. So I would suggest a washy off-white, too.

RoninJedi wrote:
... there are a few differences between what is listed for the movie and what there is in the episode. For example there should only be three seams in the pants legs. If you watch the episode you can see the back of her leg and there is no seam
That dazzled me, too. I simply referred to the promotional pictures for that.

Benae Quee wrote:
Also, has anyone else toyed with the idea of velcro or snaps to hold the shirt to the pants?
I actually do that with some costumes - and also take one metre coloured elastic strap with me in my costume event suitcase - just in case. Wink
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I managed to finish it enough to wear and be recognizable for today's event. I still need to add the arm padding, and I left the arm bands at home *oops*. I also need to make a pouch, I have a holster for the gun on my right hip (not seen).
I think I'm going to make the purple cape for this too. Today, while the NYFD invited the characters to ride the antique fire engine, I FROZE. That cape would come in handy for colder troops :-) I have two weeks until the NYC Clone Wars event, more than enough time to finish this up Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: