About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a564525ae08974e2e793691ba9f51356Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

MASTER JEDI TYVOKKA... BY GERARDO ARGENTINA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TYVOKKA (Gerardo Perez Palacios)
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: MASTER JEDI TYVOKKA... BY GERARDO ARGENTINA Reply with quote

Hello friends of the world, my name is GERARDO and I am of Argentine, since good I comment my friend VICTOR "ENSAMBLE" TERAN, the manufacture initiates the suit of the MASTER JEDI TYVOKKA, these are the first images of sample of the manufacture of the mask....

You prop I tell them the one who is TYVOKKA:

Tyvokka was a Jedi Master during the time of the bloodiest conflicts the galaxy had ever seen. Not only was Tyvokka a Jedi Master, but he was a Wookie Jedi Master at that. Wookie Jedi Knights were rare to begin with, but Tyvokka defied the odds and eventually sat on the Jedi Council, having become a powerful Jedi earning respect from every other Knight and Master. But even Jedi Masters must become one with the Force at some point or another, and it was the Stark Hyperspace War that saw Tyvokka's service to the Jedi Knights come to an end.

Stark was the last name of Iaco Stark, a smuggler and pirate who had amassed a fleet of ships, and used them to steal goods from the Outer Rim and then sell them back at inflated prices, but still less than what the Trade Federation set. A man with a dream, Stark spearheaded the forming of a coalition of smugglers and pirates, which he called the Stark Commercial Combine. However, when a bacta shortage gripped the galaxy, Stark and his pirates became heroes in the Outer Rim as they sought out bacta shipments, which those worlds could no longer afford due to the skyrocketed price of bacta. These turn of events threatened to plunge the galaxy into war, and as the Jedi discussed the matters among their members, so did the Republic. Not all believed in the severity of the bacta shortage and the intuition of certain Jedi, most notably of Tyvokka, led many to believe there was no shortage at all.

Tyvokka, in his lifetime as a Jedi Knight had had many Padawan learners, and at the time of the conflict, Tyvokka was Master to a Kel Dor Jedi Knight, Plo Koon, who would eventually go on to serve on the Jedi Council himself, following in his Master's footsteps. When an opening became available on the Council, Tyvokka expressed his wishes that Plo Koon pursue the opportunity and apply to be accepted onto it. However, as a youth, Plo Koon was always so humble and felt there were many others more qualified than he was to serve on the Council.

Teeth of the mask

mask part 1

mask part 2

mask part 3

Final the mask

I wait my creation, up to soon!!!!
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure your looking for advice, but I would highly suggest working the teeth a bit with some paints.

Try thinking about how a dogs teeth might look... even a well kept dog wont have perfectly good white teeth. You will want to tone it down or you might end up on the next "Orbits "commercial.

just my 2 cents...

Bob
Hollis DZC ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's looking GREAT, but I agree, your Wookie's teeth would make a dentist proud! Perhaps a light brown "wash" to tone it down a bit, a little darker were it sets into the gum line. Also, some shading in the crevices of his "snout" for lack of a better term-followed up by some highlighting would dramatically increase the realism! Very Happy
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollis DZC wrote:
It's looking GREAT, but I agree, your Wookie's teeth would make a dentist proud! Perhaps a light brown "wash" to tone it down a bit, a little darker were it sets into the gum line. Also, some shading in the crevices of his "snout" for lack of a better term-followed up by some highlighting would dramatically increase the realism! Very Happy

Ok friends it will work these details, good observations, the teeth it will reform!!!!

Thank you for the comment
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerardo! good to see you here!
Let me tell you, people, that Gerardo is actually working in an operational/functional jaw for his Tyvokka suit.
Updates coming soon!
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you friend JOE, is a taste to meet you!!!!! Your you are one great man!!! Soon it will show new photos!!!!

Last edited by TYVOKKA (Gerardo Perez Palacios) on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends I have finished TYVOKKA's mask. I leave the link of the video for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjXTHYzVWD8

I wait please them and do comment!!!
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! That is totally awesome. I love how the mouth moves and beautiful the hair looks! Great job!

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hydraulic stilts

Belt

TYVOKKA Ligthsaber

Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final mask

Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ending of the project

Complete costume

Thanks to all the members of the Rebel Legion, for the comments

The Force will be with you, always

jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the belt and lightsaber-great interpretation!
Cruz del Sur Base XO
Cruz del Sur Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedimika wrote:
I really like the belt and lightsaber-great interpretation!

Thank you my friend
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the Lucas "No Wookiee Jedi" policy. I like yours! Tyvokka was a nice character when he was present during the Stark Hyperspace War storyline Too bad they killed him off. :/

The costume looks good, I like the lightsaber hilt and the long Ben-Kenobi-esque costume that Tyvokka wears. But could it be that your mask is a bit loose?
Anyway, it looks good, just need some trimming I guess. What are our Wookiee experts saying about this?

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: