About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=32bf70af8906bd90831ce6e7f9de4331Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trio of Twi'lek's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I see what you mean. I will admit it, we are very into fantasy, probably more then we are into Sci-Fi, so your comments are very helpful.

I'm actually seeing ideas here, from what you are suggesting. I'm the green and I can almost see making the over-skirts out of a netting (a flowy netting, of course), and wearing tights or leggings of some sort underneath. And maybe just not doing the floaty sleeves. I'd have to talk more with the sister who's doing the teal, but she might be convinced to lose some of the gathers. Maybe if we lengthened the halter under-tunic to have the swish of the over tunic? She'd then almost kinda look like the Red Twi'lek, so I would probably put quite a bit of swish in her skirt. Hmmm, things to think about Wink .

Thank you so much for your honest opinion, Ann Smile . It's really helpful Smile .

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after thinking about what you said, Ann, and searching around something fishnety for Gimp (it's a real pain to find something that works Razz ), I finished redoing my Twi'lek (the green one).

Ann's suggestion was to give her a fishnet skirt rather then opaque. Since I know I can wear leggings underneath, I was okay with that (but don't try to convince me to get rid of the skirt Razz. NOT happening Wink ) so I did it!

Opinions? I'd work on the Teal Twi'lek, but I have to go soon, so I'll do her tonight or Thursday. We already figured out how to make her look more Star Warsy and it's going to be cool!

Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is looking great, I agree though about the gypsy look. I think something that might help yours (the green one) is to make the criss-crossing straps go all the way around your torso rather than just like corset laces, because that makes me think "gypsy" instead of "star warsy".

I love this idea though, I can't wait to see you and your sisters together as Twi'leks! Smile

*Edit, I just saw your updated picture, the netting for the skirt really helps make yours (the green) look more Twi'lek like and less gypsy.

padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. I must admit, I like the gpysy look and I might make that version of the costume just to have it Razz . But I'm amazed at how just making the over-skirts out of netting makes them look so much more slinky.

That's a good idea about the lacing. I didn't tell my sister this, but I would have kinda liked to have the lacing all around like theirs Razz . And that kind of lacing will be easier to make.

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
This is looking great, I agree though about the gypsy look. I think something that might help yours (the green one) is to make the criss-crossing straps go all the way around your torso rather than just like corset laces, because that makes me think "gypsy" instead of "star warsy".
Also, she would look more like her sisters. The criss-crossing straps would be a connective part of the trio and generate a more "uniform" look (in general appearance not similarity like real uniforms ^^).

I'd, too, like to see the green one wearing some gloves, gauntlets or bracers. Something slight and thin. But that's just my opinion on it.

However it goes, I'd love to see pictures once you're done. Smile

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah and I would prefer the wrap look anyway Smile . It's not as decorative on mine, but I think it's okay and I like it Smile . Daritha, what a thought! That's something to think about and play with. And my sister thinks she might have a good idea for how to do it too Smile . I also think something like fingerless gloves or something like out of the netting from the skirt would be cool too.

I'm loving these dancers! Small things (like the wrappings or gloves or the shoes) will turn the outfit from one thing to something totally different! It's GREAT!

And I have completed the second look of the costumes. This time I focused on the Teal Twi'lek, shortening her full sleeves, turning the full sheer top into a short split skirt, and turning the blousey pants into leggings with cutouts. And I took off the corset like lacing on the Green Twi'lek and wrapped her waist with leather strips. And I like the wrapped look much better Razz .

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padme9055 wrote:
Daritha, what a thought! That's something to think about and play with. And my sister thinks she might have a good idea for how to do it too Smile .
I like to tinker around with such ideas. ^^ Glad I could be of help. Smile

I like your 2nd colored version much better. The wrapping looks very good. A bit bondage on the body and the girls look more like Star Wars. xD
No, it's more the fact of the un-ordinary clothing. I can't wait to see first production pictures.

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you did. The little sleeve things on the teal dancer make me think of the net "pantlegs" that Oola has. Very nice. Smile

padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! I would love to start actually working on these, but first I have to get through my list of halloween costumes (all next week!) and do a sewing project that will be a christmas present and then see if I have money for these Smile . So they will get done eventually Smile .

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you probably already know this but if SAS Fabrics is still around on Speedway Blvd in Tucson you can probably find some great fabrics for these costumes.

I miss SAS . . . and Bookmans. And the coyotes! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, SAS is still around Smile . And I adore it. But my problem with SAS is you have to actually have time to wander around in there and I have to have a project in mind to find anything. We went through SAS about a week ago and found the PERFECT fabric for the Red Twi'lek's over dress. But we didn't get it then because we hadn't shared the pictures yet Smile . If I can, I might go there today and get the fabric so that we have it for when I'm ready to make the costume.

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to go in there and see the costume in everything. Razz

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
RoninJedi (Ann Marie)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second set much more, definitely getting more of a star wars vibe, especially the changes to the teal dancer. Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jada wrote:
I used to go in there and see the costume in everything. Razz

I do the same thing in my local fabric stores! I'm glad I'm not the only one. My poor husband must freak out every time I pause to look at a fabric! Laughing

padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another take on them.

This time I put gauntlets on the green twi'lek and tweeked the teal one.

We also have some fabric that will be perfect for the sheer parts of the Teal Twi'lek. And I have several different kinds of fabric to try to make the lekku. Sometime soon, either before or after Christmas, I hope to get at least one pair of test lekku done to see how I'm going to make them Razz . I'm hoping to get my fabric lekku to look as smooth as Pam's latex lekku. Not sure how it will work, but I'm going to try Smile .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: