About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c09aa47fdc15d21163422528bd1ab38dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SuperMegaFest: New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xana

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Well, if YOU guys are going to be there...............

Seriously, thanks for the feedback.  I'm not much for the celebrity end of it, so the attraction would be the dealers room and hanging with the RL.  Got it.  I must go meditate on this.

phantom8 (Brian Anderson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Reaper on 15 October 2004

I definately think Echo base is big enough, and now active enough to have our own banner. Let's start with one, and see how that goes, Mailing it to which every area needs it.

I have put in a request for one of the 3 Legion banners, we'll see what comes of that as well.

Brian, that sounds like a great price for the full color double sided cards.

I have a friend here who's been doing full color 1 sided cards (very similar to the B&W ones I sent Jodi) On his PC.  And I used the machines at work to do the B&W ones.

i haven't spent much time thinking about the card thing yet... this is a quick draft i put together to at least get ideas flowing:

not sure about the back yet... i'm thinking perhaps a blurb about the group. another thought was to use the same general graphics, but aligned vertically rather than horizontally. then they could be displayed on a table in whatever way worked best given the space.

Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

I like it,  Not sure about putting the same stuff on the back though, since the cards should fit on any table, no matter how we have to display them. Might be best to leave the back as a pic, or if individuals want to put their personal contact info on that.  Some could use Address type stickers, others could type it on.

Oh, and for those that hand out cards with your emails  on them, I do suggest A free email account, like Yahoo or Hotmail. I rarely ever give the Email from my ISP. Makes life easier lol. Smile

Then again, I do use the hotmail account I have for just about everything anyway lol.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Reaper on 18 October 2004

I like it,  Not sure about putting the same stuff on the back though, since the cards should fit on any table, no matter how we have to display them. Might be best to leave the back as a pic, or if individuals want to put their personal contact info on that.  Some could use Address type stickers, others could type it on.

Oh, and for those that hand out cards with your emails  on them, I do suggest A free email account, like Yahoo or Hotmail. I rarely ever give the Email from my ISP. Makes life easier lol. Smile

Then again, I do use the hotmail account I have for just about everything anyway lol.

I'm lucky on the email - it's my own mail server, so I can be *really* aggressive on spam filtering Smile

on the note of back design, as i thought more about it, i definitely don't like the same-on-both-sides route.

i'm thinking a generic card that could be used at any echo base event, so i'm trying to avoid personal contact info. it would be cool to have a generic echo base contact address for membership stuff.

an echo base group pic would be cool, along with some info on the region that EB covers...

Phantom6 (Justin Craig Manning)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

29 days away folks

Who is definately coming to this event ????

Can we get a list of people that are sure to be going, so we can get a number for estimate on how many will be attending the convention that  weekend ????

and if coming with someone also ...

Thanks

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tramp ()

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:53 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Hey, Brian, Pretty good banner so far. The only problem I see, as a graphic designer, is the proportions. Banners are usually longer in width and shorter in height. Other than that, it is very well done.
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:40 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Brian, great job on the business card design! It looks awesome!

Those who can do... Those who cannot are critical of those who can do... I'm not ashamed. It's the computer age. Nerds are in. They're still in, right?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Tramp on 22 October 2004

Hey, Brian, Pretty good banner so far. The only problem I see, as a graphic designer, is the proportions. Banners are usually longer in width and shorter in height. Other than that, it is very well done.

well, except that it's a business card, not a banner.

DocBev (Nicky Blum)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys are still pricing banners or if ones been purchased already, but we found a place that will print 2'x4' for $50 or a 2'x6' for $70. We made the design file and just sent it to them. They were printed on white vinyl.

I can post more information if folks are interested.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by DocBev on 24 October 2004

Not sure if you guys are still pricing banners or if ones been purchased already, but we found a place that will print 2'x4' for $50 or a 2'x6' for $70. We made the design file and just sent it to them. They were printed on white vinyl.

I can post more information if folks are interested.

yeah, that would be good to know. 70 is much better than 150 :-D
dancerjodi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

I figured I'd try the herding cats thing since Supermega Fest is in a couple of weeks.

As far as I know, we don't have a table . . . so this means if we're attending the con we're doing it as regular patrons and just walking around in costume, correct?

Were people planning on going Saturday, Sunday, or on both days?

For those NY area peeps coming, do you need someplace to stay? If so when? Brian and I offered crash space but wanted to get an idea of when/how this was happening. You can mail me offline at dancer@diabolis.net to coordinate.

Thanks!
Reaper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: SuperMegaFest: New England Reply with quote

Jodi,

Thanks for the offer, but I've got a place with some of the NJ Fan Force people going down, Staying in the Con hotel,

I should be down ther Fri night, and all day Sat. Not sure when the Caravan is going back down to NJ Sun. But that's when we are leaving.

I'll also be costuming. Rebel Pilot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: