About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89c3c3c146b1f99287f1549159a83d8bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Nov 25 (Houston, TX) H.E.B. Thanksgiving Parade
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (6)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
cris-le-calisFri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 pm
herbie7159Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 pm
DanpaSun Sep 19, 2010 11:35 am
Qui John DenMon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm
SirkEkulSetaxWed Sep 22, 2010 1:13 amThu Sep 23, 2010 10:10 pm
redeemedjediWed Nov 24, 2010 3:13 am
User Registered Confirmed
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Nov 25 (Houston, TX) H.E.B. Thanksgiving Parade
Event starting Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:00 pm for 2 hours

H.E.B. has asked for the 501st and Rebel Legion to walk in the 2010 Thanksgiving day parade. WOOHOO!!!! They are asking that we have atleast 25 troopers. Our contact will work with what ever amount we give her, but if we get 25, we can carry the banners and be listed on the schedule , AND we will get TV time too. If there is only 5 or 6, they will squeeze us in and make it work. But I would like to see us march in full force!!!!! We really need commitments to this guys. If you know you cannot do this please post no. I am hoping to avoid telling them we have 25 and then we show up with 5 to 10.

I will be posting the details soon as our contact confirms everything with me. It will be on Thanksgiving day at 9:00AM. Last year we all met there around 7:00am or so to get parking. Like I said, I will post the details shortly.

Please check your calenders and post if you can do this. NO MAYBE'S PLEASE!! ONLY YES OR NO!!!

UPDATE!! I will be receiving info that will tell us where we will be positioned in the parade, as well as our meeting place and time. Stay tuned troopers.

LIST:
REBEL LEGION
Marshall "herbie7159" (Jedi)
Danny "Danpa" (Jedi)
John "Qui John Den" (Jedi or X-Wing)
Bryan (Galactic Academy - Padawan)
Jacob "redeemedjedi" (RL - Jedi)
"Ryo Alem" (Jedi)

501st LEGION
Chris "cris-le-calis" (TK)
Kris "SirkEkulSetax" (TK)
David (TD)
Doug (BH - Boba)
Alan (TK)
Clint (TB)
Joshua (TD)
Alfonso (TD)
Phil (SL - Vader)
Phil's son (mando)
Shannon (ID or TK)
"The Marshall" (TR)
Ruban (TB)
Sam (TK)
Jason and Kat (501st and/or RL)

MAYBE ... NEED to CONFIRM
Tammy "Tammy Tohno" (RL - Jedi)

NOTE TO THOSE WEARING JEDI COSTUMES:
If you have a lightsaber hilt or a lightsaber with a detachable blade, those would have the best results during the parade as the color of the blades will not show-up outside, especially if there is any type of sunlight. Last year, we just carry the hilts on our belts.

UNLESS you have a really super bright LED where you can see the full color in direct sunlight, then feel free to carry your blade. I have a Luxeon III LED in my saber and I can not see the color outdoors.

If you don't have a detachable blade or hilt, you could always make a hilt by using parts at Home Depot/Lowes, etc.

UPDATE 11/25
We will be meeting in parking lot C at St Emanuel & Preston (on the other side of Minute Maid Park on the 59 side of the freeway).

We need to be in the parade position by 7:30 and we are spot 29.

(TK8171 501st Legion-Star Garrison
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.facebook.com/TK8171?ref=profile
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Catch my Blog @ http://tk8171.blogspot.com/

Last edited by cris-le-calis () on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
herbie7159 (Marshall Conover)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Let the Wife know I HAD to do this. She said yes lol. The wife will come with all our kids. yeah. Shocked
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the info below guys and gals. This parade is going to be by the book and we need to show Houston that we are not just a bunch of fans wearing costumes, but the real deal. Last year we were loose and playing with the crowds. This year we will be marching military unit with Banners and attitude.
Parade requirements for kids and troopers:

1. They should be ok to handle the entire parade route on thier own with no supervision, i.e. they need to be pretty mature, experienced and comfortable with costuming.

2. There should be no doubt by anyone involved that they will remain in character the entire time!!!! This is very important. That means when something goes wrong in the middle of the route they need to be able to handle it and not just start pulling off costume pieces. They need to stay in character and either gut it out like we'd do or find thier way to safe location to discreetly correct the situation and not come back to you marching along and pull you out of the formation to fix the piece that is falling off.

3. they should be real charaters... ie... if they are little they should be little characters (jawas) there are are no 3' clone troopers or tiny fetts in the movies and this is probably a canon event.

STAYING IN CHARACTER IS REQUIRED!!!! Smile
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cris-le-calis wrote:
Please read the info below guys and gals. This parade is going to be by the book and we need to show Houston that we are not just a bunch of fans wearing costumes, but the real deal. Last year we were loose and playing with the crowds. This year we will be marching military unit with Banners and attitude.
Parade requirements for kids and troopers:

1. They should be ok to handle the entire parade route on thier own with no supervision, i.e. they need to be pretty mature, experienced and comfortable with costuming.

2. There should be no doubt by anyone involved that they will remain in character the entire time!!!! This is very important. That means when something goes wrong in the middle of the route they need to be able to handle it and not just start pulling off costume pieces. They need to stay in character and either gut it out like we'd do or find thier way to safe location to discreetly correct the situation and not come back to you marching along and pull you out of the formation to fix the piece that is falling off.

3. they should be real charaters... ie... if they are little they should be little characters (jawas) there are are no 3' clone troopers or tiny fetts in the movies and this is probably a canon event.

STAYING IN CHARACTER IS REQUIRED!!!! Smile

I'm fine with staying in character and a military march ... but (for example) Jedi wouldn't really "fit" in a military type march ... they should semi-acknowledge the fans maybe by waving at them. I think we shouldn't stop and pose for pictures but simply walk and maybe wave, etc.

Clones/TK's/Imperials, etc. I can see those being more in a military style of marching (looking straight ahead, staying in formation, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have been a little more specific. Not necessarily a military march per say, but a professional and organized group walk. Smile In other words, no running around like loose cannons trying to fire up the crowds. We want to look organized and not like a bunch of college frat boys dressed up. Smile

So, I know that Jedi are unable to march (hehehehe) but, I am assuming they can walk in a straight line? hahaha Smile Waving is perfectly fine with me too. We just all need to be moving as group.

On a side note, I will be seeing if we can have 1 or 2 handlers that can walk with us to handle any costume issues too. I want to prevent costumers from having to fix other costumers parts as we walk.

More to come soon. Great input too!! Cool
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Qui John Den (John Denning)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My padawan, Bryan and I will be there. Razz

Tammy Tohno is a strong maybe.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. no small duels then when we are stopped. lol
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh.....NO Mad

ha!!
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

SirkEkulSetax (Kris Luke)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there in force Wink -- either in RL Jedi, Anakin, or my will-be-finished-by-then TK Cool -- how I suit up depends on who's there wearing what. No double Anakins Razz

Kessel Base Public Relations Officer
KJO Detachment member - NR formal Jedi Master
501st Legion/Star Garrison/STXSquad - TK5157
"If I ever cross blades with another Yuuzhan Vong warrior who can handle a lightsaber, it'll be way too soon."
gizka (Angelle Bellard)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danpa wrote:
I'm fine with staying in character and a military march ... but (for example) Jedi wouldn't really "fit" in a military type march ... they should semi-acknowledge the fans maybe by waving at them. I think we shouldn't stop and pose for pictures but simply walk and maybe wave, etc.

Clones/TK's/Imperials, etc. I can see those being more in a military style of marching (looking straight ahead, staying in formation, etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

I agree with Danny that it does not fit to have Jedi in formation. Jedi aren't the "march in formation" type.

However, at the Mardi Gras parades I've marched in, when we reached the reviewing stands, we did group up and hold our sabers in the ready position. We stopped in front of the reviewing stands and did kind of a salute with the sabers and a bow. It looked really cool during the nighttime parades (doesn't apply here). It's just something for y'all to think about.

Wish we could be there, but I don't know if we'll be in town or not and if we are we'll have out of town family.
Galen Marek (Patrick Bradley)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the sign up deadline for this? I really want to do this but my Marek costume still isn't finished(been in the process of moving for the past couple weeks). however, this event redoubles my desire to complete it. I just want to know if If I even have enough time to bother with completing it and getting full membership approval before the deadline.
"A man who inflicts suffering can't rest. His guilty mind wont allow it, but today I can finally close my eyes to the living nightmare, knowing that I won't wake again." - scarred man from Ishbal (name unknown)
cris-le-calis ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope all of our Jedi do not get freaked out about the marching thing. I just want us to be organized and not crazed or wandering around like little kids. Biggest goal here is to just have fun and show Houston how awesome our two Legions are. Laughing

Great input Angelle. Thank you. Maybe the Jedi's can do what you suggested.

(Scratching head....Jedi unable to march.....hmmmmm....) Evil or Very Mad
*STX Squad Leader* )

caandssmith@att.net
www.myspace.com/tk8171

CELL# 713-553-9838

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think im the only one in the group that really knows how to March. It was all Clones it would be easy for a Jedi. Or If I was an Officer I could call commands out. LOL
Danpa (Danny Patterson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

herbie7159 wrote:
I think im the only one in the group that really knows how to March.

I was in marching band all 4 years of high school ... does that not count? Razz
* 501st Legion (Star Garrison - STXS) ID/IG-7595
---- Imperial Officer Corps
---- Imperial Gunnery Corps
* Jedi Assembly (Southern Order)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL How LONG ago was that?? Laughing

I did that for 4 years then the Military. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: