About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=17cb238843b38db676a4e8d0d67bf200Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fundraiser for Bradley - Ankeny, IA - 9/18

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
tk5144Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:22 pm
leiasolosinger (Teresa Jackson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Fundraiser for Bradley - Ankeny, IA - 9/18
Event starting Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:00 pm for 4 hours

This is from Crystal, our LCO

Quote:
Hey guys, I hope there are some members in the Iowa area or close enough to a border they can help with this. The child the fundraiser is for has a 60% chance of the surgery working that the fund raiser is for and he's only 2 years old but there will be a lot of kids there who love Star Wars and they're hoping advertising the RL (they contacted US above the 501st, but I told them to invite the 501st too...) will get more people out to help donate.

Bradley has survived through huge odds and only has 10% of the tumor remaining that they hope to get rid of with this last round of treatment.

Let me know if you guys have anyone who can make it out for this , she can probably work around schedules for the most people to make it out! But it would have to be before he leaves for Indiana to go have the treatment (only 10 places offer this treatment!)

Please let me know if there is anyone who has the ability to help make this happen, and I'll get you more details. Thanks!

Last edited by leiasolosinger (Teresa Jackson) on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
VaderDave (Dave Mondo)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we are coordinating this event and have a sign up thread on the Central Garrison forum.

If you would like to come support this, please come register. Mr. Green

http://www.centralgarrison.org/viewtopic.php?t=4212

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am..."
tk5144 (derek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to debut my X wing pilot costume at this event. Looking forward to my first troop for the good guys!
VaderDave (Dave Mondo)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the details if you would like to attend:

Contact Name: Angela Allen

Contact Phone: 515-710-8497

Event Name: Bradley’s Buddies Benefit

Venue/Facility: Currently it is being held at a park. Unless it rains, then we are looking at the church so that we don’t have to reschedule

Venue Address: Crestbrook Park-it’s right off of NE Crestmore in Ankeny

City/State/Zip:Ankeny, IA 50023

Date(s): 9/18/2010

Start/End Times: 11am til 2pm

Event Website (if any): Bradley has 2 websites that are updated w/ his information and upcoming fundraisers. At this time I have not listed this one yet as he has to have another surgery and we wanted it to be when at least my husband or I could attend. One is www.bradleys-story.com and the other is www.carepages.com. On the carepages one you can follow our blog for him and look up the name BradleyAllen2. Now of course News Channel 13 has been following his story and they will be advertising this event. That will help get word out and if you guys can make it, we will make sure that you are mentioned!!! Also, we are coming up w/ a name of the event and if you can make it…we are toying w/ the idea Intergalactic BBQ…or if you have ideas I’m up to hear anything!!!

Approx # of attendees: at least 100

# of Characters requested: 3 or 4

Specific Character requests (ie...Darth Vader...Stormtroopers...etc): Darth Vader, Storm Troopers, Boba Fett, Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia-I did originally contact the other organization and found out both can work together to make this a great success. I would like characters from both areas if possible.

Can you provide a secure changing/staging area for the characters? If it is at the park there are some apartments across the street where one of our friends live and you can get dressed/changed there.

Please briefly describe the event: This event is a benefit to help raise funds for my 2 year old son who was diagnosed w/ a brain tumor back in Jan of 2010. He has undergone 4 brain surgeries and was suppose to start Proton Therapy in Indiana a couple of weeks ago. The doctor there needs him to do one more surgery in order for the Proton Therapy to be successful. So, we are doing the benefit to help raise money for all the medical expenses we are enduring. Please review his story on the above link. It has changed from the first time I wrote it as he wasn’t in need of another surgery at that time. But you will get the idea as to what Bradley has endured. Thanks!

How did you hear about us?: A co-worker of mine-Joe Knapp.

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: