Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c31d2849347899d1da81d2b67200e603Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Fiesta Bowl Parade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jade_Dragon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Parade Day Instructions Reply with quote

tufelhund wrote:

STAGING OF WALKERS AND RIDERS CONTINUED:
Place the provided parking pass in the front window of your vehicle to assist de-staging volunteers in directing you to the appropriate parking location. Please follow de-staging signage and the volunteers’ directions. A shuttle will be available to take you to the staging area.

Will we be able to access the VA Medical center parking lot without the parking pass? I do not have one.
tufelhund ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As parking passes are limited, I recommend carpooling as much as possible. There is a carpool point at Lee and Jen Palmers Home. I will also be hosting a carpool location at my place., and I believe that the Mando's are hosting a carpool location. Please pm me for the locations as this is an open forum.

The past two years I have not had a pass and been able to park. Again pm me for infomration.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where the fun begins.. Cool

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
tufelhund ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PARKING INFORMATION;

We do n ot have enough parking passes for ev everyone to drive their own car. Parking passes are being given out to volunteers who are carpooling/shuttling. There are two carpool locations.

Lee and Jen Palmers Residence
4337 E. Avalon Drive, Phoenix AZ, 85018

Wayne Spence Residence
222 W Clarendon Avenue Apt. 215 Phoenix AZ 85013

The past two years I have been able to get a parking space with out a pass. I entered the parking area from 3rd street and Indian School (Steel Indian School Park Entrance). I advised the staff member at the entrance that I was a parade participant and they let me in. If you dont want to shuttle from the Palmers or My residence this is your only option. If you choose to go the rout of not shuttling I strongly advise you arrive early to the parking lot.
Please remember that the school bus shuttles round trip takes 30 minutes so use your time wisely so that your in the staging area by the float no later than 8:30.

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tufelhund wrote:
PARKING INFORMATION;

We do not have enough parking passes for ev everyone to drive their own car. Parking passes are being given out to volunteers who are carpooling/shuttling. There are two carpool locations.

Lee and Jen Palmers Residence
4337 E. Avalon Drive, Phoenix AZ, 85018

Wayne Spence Residence
222 W Clarendon Avenue Apt. 215 Phoenix AZ 85013

The past two years I have been able to get a parking space with out a pass. I entered the parking area from 3rd street and Indian School (Steel Indian School Park Entrance). I advised the staff member at the entrance that I was a parade participant and they let me in. If you dont want to shuttle from the Palmers or My residence this is your only option. If you choose to go the rout of not shuttling I strongly advise you arrive early to the parking lot.
Please remember that the school bus shuttles round trip takes 30 minutes so use your time wisely so that your in the staging area by the float no later than 8:30.

Just a note: If going to the Palmer's, be there before 8:00 am. Final Departure time is 8:00 am

If going to Wayne's, final Departure time is 7:45 so be there before that time.

If you aren't on time then you will have to go directly to the parade route and find some other place to park.

David L.
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go guys! I just caught you on streaming video here in Cali, although they showed way more of the marching band than of you all. I don't even know who was there. Confused But what I did see looked great!

padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm glad you got see us!

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
tufelhund ()

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to take a moment to offer each and every volunteer that participated and contributed to this event my deepest thanks.

You all did a spectacular job and represented yourselves and this organization in the highest of professiionalism and in some of the coldest weather on record for the Fiesta Bowl Parade.

Thank you again

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big thanks to Wayne and all the volunteers that made this happen.

Couple of pics I managed to get:
Group Pic:

Reunited for a brief moment

Proving all are wrangles go above and beyond the call of duty:

If anyone needs hi-res pics I have a couple of the group shot here (http://photos.reel2dialog2.com/GalleryThumbnails.aspx?gallery=507626). Just pick which ones you look best in Very Happy

Tiny

Last edited by TinyP () on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Zen Solo ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy to see R2 and Chewie finally got their medals!

Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I just watched the footage for this and you all rocked! ROCKED!!!!! Awesome job, well done, kudos!

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
tufelhund ()

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Post Event Lost and Found Reply with quote

If your the owner please pm me with a description and return information so that I can get it back to you...

(1) Black Hoodie with (3) patches in left pocket.

(1) Insulated water bottle w/repeling clip attached to top.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great time seeing everyone again! Even if it was freeeeeezing! Can't wait to get out there and troop more often!

There is no emotion, there is only Peace.

If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your improv, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman. -Joel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: