About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29f3203f52de47e8e4c8c774b3cff3f5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme AOTC: Cut Senate Scene Gown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I need a couple more sets of eyes, because I've been staring at this thing for so long that I know where I think all the flaws are... I want to know if anyone sees any obvious spots of fail in this, because when I come home from the movies tomorrow I wanna wash and cut this thing out! I want to touch up that third symbol down on the right, can anyone else notice anything that's obvious?

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the 3rd symbol on the right, which you mentioned, I'd say the 6th one down on the left looks like it could use some touch up.

This is looking incredible! Great job.

Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rachel Smile Those are the two I ended up touching up.

I finished the headjewel, I just need to figure out what kind of clip to attach it to.

The original is flat-backed jewels set in a pronged setting with two loops on either end and linked my jumprings. Well, I couldn't find either settings or flat-backed imitation jewels so I improvised with beads and wire.

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm seriously conflicted on the hair color.

Now, here is her hair in this one... will have to copy and paste the link: http://padawansguide.com/fidm/maggie/dark11_med.jpg

I don't want to permanently or semi-perm color my hair brown, or use a wig. I am using a hairpiece. I used the darkest temp color rinse by Roux I could find, and it does leave my hair a normal texture, not crunchy. But the brown on top of my blonde was really light and mousy, and out in natural light or florescent it just looked like my hair, but with any brilliance it once had removed. KayDee suggested mixing brown with black which I may still try, but on top of this blonde, I feel it will look real washed out. I'm conflicted, do I just use my natural color for now even though it's not right, or do I go with a color that's not very pretty, but it's more canon to have dark hair?

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing to say you can't have two sets of hair pieces, one that is closer to your own and then have a darker hair piece for more formal events when you do eventually figure out how to make your hair darker. That's kind of what I'm running with on my Leia buns because I have a similar problem with blondish hair.

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have anything to say about the hair...I've never colored my hair so I can't say anything in regard to it.

I did notice on a promo pic of Padme in this costume that it looked like the head jewelry had a chain attached to it that ran over the top of her head and probably hooked under or into one of the hair "bows". I'll see if I can find it. It's very subtle, I think they were trying to hide it in the hair.

Edit, it's not the one I had, but this shows the dents in her hair where I think a chain is resting:

Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely stunning! Amadalia You have made such great progress, Vera!

And Mieal, I hope you get back to yours, as that too is very beautiful.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
I don't really have anything to say about the hair...I've never colored my hair so I can't say anything in regard to it.

I did notice on a promo pic of Padme in this costume that it looked like the head jewelry had a chain attached to it that ran over the top of her head and probably hooked under or into one of the hair "bows". I'll see if I can find it. It's very subtle, I think they were trying to hide it in the hair.

Edit, it's not the one I had, but this shows the dents in her hair where I think a chain is resting:

Good eye, Rachel!
I ended up, on the night before leaving for DC going 'crap, I never figured out how to attach this'. I ended up just clipping my excess wire, putting two backward facing loops in it and sliding a couple bobby pins through them to hold them on... and it worked. Oi... Anyway, yes, I agree with Lora, I hope you do get back to this one, it would be a shame for you to put so much work into it and not get it finished.

I still have to collect and sort pics... I have some tweaks to make, like adding a petticoat layer to make the skirt larger and doing the real shawl and appliques since I faked it, but I'll submit application pics as soon as I get back some good clean ones. Here's a quick pic of me and Ashley Eckstein in front of the Her Universe booth Smile

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that just, jaw droppingly awesome, you did awesome! I don't know anything about the details on this costume but for my unknowing eyes that looks dead on! give yourself a pad on the back from me 'cause you deserve it!

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really knocked this one out of the park. Amazing work even without the tweaks you want to do yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Was nice to meet you at the parade too Vera Wink
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job Vera!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! You look stunning! That costume really turned out fantastically!

In various stages of planning and progress:
Generic Jedi, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider

Royalty/Senatorial Costume Judge
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Akasha ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just gorgeous!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Kat (Katherine)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow looks amazing and awesome having seen from start to finish how it was done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: