About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5de8d7c7017240c5b4b28fce683a226aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Han Solo in progress
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
furystorm (Andrew Barton)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple more images of the replica provided by the seller prior to shipping today, showing the inside of the top portion. Again, I'm not absolutely sure what to look for on the interior, but the pin is there, which I thought would be since I could see it from already seeing the bottom of the same piece. Also, he's including a couple of batteries, and when I asked what they were he said "N" which I've never heard of. Should be fun to replace.

What do you think? I'm fairly satisfied.

Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N batteries are pretty common. Before remotes switched over to button type batteries, that's what they used. You also see them in remote doorbell switches, and lots of other applications. You can get them at Radio Shack...
Lichtbringer ()

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my build, i altered a real Kobold to be a flashlight now (as we all know Han hated droids and had none, so no need for a droidcaller Wink ).

http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/cc352/Lichtbote/Props/Droid%20Caller/

Maybe the pics gonna be helpfull, be it as a reference, or for modifying one, too.

Have a nice day,
Michael
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! That just makes more sense; if you're smuggling things, you're bound to be in dark places, so a light is a more logical choice than a droid caller...
furystorm (Andrew Barton)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received my droid caller prop replica, after missing delivery yesterday and waiting in line at the awful post office.

I have to say, I really like this piece and the heft of it feels just like what I would expect the droid caller to have. While I have no other frame of reference for its authenticity, other than photographs, I truly feel this will make for a wonderful addition to the as yet to be ordered holster belt. The weathering on the piece is really just realistic as can be to my eyes.

Also, I'm glad to have been able to recoup just a bit of the expense, as Havok and I have come to an arrangement on the belt disc, which was part of the deal that I just did not have a need for, as it is supposed to be the ANH version, and I'm ordering the full workup from MP anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: