Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=601525184292cc90ba33d575a7ecc793Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My new saber
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirby Harless (Chris "Kirby" Harless)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: My new saber Reply with quote

Thought that I would add a little update to show a where I stand, in going with an OR I knew I needed to change my old saber for 2 reasons, 1 needed a non d-ring, and 2 more important not have one that looked so much like Darth Vaders... Well the new one is done..... Here are a few of the pics... Tried to order a covertec from TCSS and they were out so I had to improvise with my old cell clip until they get some more in stock...

My tabbards are finished, the hem has been taken on on the sleeves of my robe to the correct length.
All of my supplies for my belt are in (less the dye for the leather square in the back) I may see if I can use some shoe polish unless I can find that 1 stone I forgot to look under for somewhere around me that sells it. After that I should be ready for turning in some pics, unless I decide to go ahead and make the spats. I Have everything for em, just not sure if I am going to make them or not...
Aya-Na Bashu (Catherine Windsor)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking saber.

Check in shoe repair shops for the leather dye. All the shops here usually have brown in several shades and black.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice saber!
Myshadowstar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: saber Reply with quote

Nice lightsaber ! Surprised

if your needing dye you can also try Hobby Lobby if you have one near you I bought mine there.

-Myshadowstar

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I had some bumps along the way with it, a lot when it came to the wiring...Smile And thanks for the shoe repair idea, sadly I have already tried that route. There are only 3 within 50 miles of me, and none of them sell dye. I can rember when there actually used to be Tandy leather near me. I live in a what I thought was considered a rural state, you would think I wouldnt have a hard time finding something like that or at least a horse supply feed/tack that might.. Oh well... The search continues, ill either find some, or find a work around...Smile
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tandy Leather sells dye and finishes online, they ship quickly, too.

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/

I use them all the time since I live on the backside of Endor... lol
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the Big Yellow Box Style VI saber. Razz
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 15 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the saber looks really great.

MTFBWY
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Re: saber Reply with quote

Myshadowstar wrote:
Nice lightsaber ! Surprised

if your needing dye you can also try Hobby Lobby if you have one near you I bought mine there.

I thought that as well.. They were actually the first place I checked, I hit them, then crossed the road to the Michaels, then hit the AC Moore on the way back home. 3 strikes in less than 2 miles...Smile

Trying to hold of on the ordering from Tandy I dont mind paying for things, but shipping was more than the cost of the 2 colors.. I just have a problem with that.. I may have to throw in the towel but Ill hold my breath a little while longer, prior to caving.....

Everyone thanks for all the compliments...
Aya-Na Bashu (Catherine Windsor)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: saber Reply with quote

Kirby Harless wrote:
I thought that as well.. They were actually the first place I checked, I hit them, then crossed the road to the Michaels, then hit the AC Moore on the way back home. 3 strikes in less than 2 miles...Smile

Trying to hold of on the ordering from Tandy I dont mind paying for things, but shipping was more than the cost of the 2 colors.. I just have a problem with that.. I may have to throw in the towel but Ill hold my breath a little while longer, prior to caving.....

Everyone thanks for all the compliments...

I went looking for brown dye today, too. All my usual sources are out. I did find some in the grocery store, of all places, in the shoe care section.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great lightsaber design....
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone sure has been on a posting spree today....... raise eyebrows

Laughing
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That saber looks great. Looking forward to having you as part of Freedom Base (and as part of Garrison Carida when you finish your TK).

"My Loyalties lie with My Legion and the betterment of My legion." Ixam Let'si
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got some dye.... Had to go to Charleston and stopped in a shoe store thats been around since before I was a born, figured if anyone had it they would... Funny thing is, it looked as though the boxes had been there since I was a kid... But hey I already tested it, its maybe not a perfect match, but its close really close.. My open house will be done on Sunday, so I will be able to pull everything out of storage sale or no sale and get back to work... I can finally see the finish line, its a lot closer than it was...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: