About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fb7d5f92af3b9bb7fd4ecf1113e3a934Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Play RL's new Diplomatic Mission game @ CV !!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Celebration Anaheim (VII) -> Past Star Wars Celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Play RL's new Diplomatic Mission game @ CV !!! Reply with quote

Most folks know of the game, Droid Hunt, that the 501st has been playing at conventions for several years now...

Well Lori had posted about wanting to come up with a Rebel Legion game in the Ra Kura planning forums a few months back. I bounced a few ideas with my fiance that evening. Talking to Becca around that time, I presented a game idea. Becca named it and finalized official rules. I got backing from LFL and various prizes from sponsors. Becca got sponsors for stickers and artists to make the badge (special thanks also to Michael Capell) and the Rebel Legion now has a game of its very own!

I'm happy to present to you all, Diplomatic Mission!

The idea is pretty simple. Basically con-goers who visit the booth Friday can pick up this badge and a plastic badge holder for their lanyards:

RL members at any point Friday and Saturday who plan on being in costume Saturday can pick up a hand full of stickers. Put them in a pocket or something on your costume. The stickers will be 1/4 of a filled in deathstar schematic. Your stack will be all the same sticker so people cant hit you up for all 4 at once Wink

Con-goers who are playing will seek out Rebels in costume (wear your RL badge to make it easier!) and come up to you and tell you "I'm on a Diplomatic Mission" (they can add "from Alderaan" if they like) and you give them a sticker to go on their badge. When they complete the badge, it looks like this:

They bring this badge back to the booth and get a raffle ticket to be drawn on Sunday. they have until 421PM to bring the badge back. It will need to be punched in the corner with a hole punch by whoever is working the table so they cant get multiple raffle tickets as they keep their completed badge as keepsake and pick up a trading card/book mark from DK as a thanks for playing prize.

Sunday we will draw for all the prizes we have and numbers will be posted at the table all day Sunday for prize pick up. RL members playing will also get the limited edition trading card when they pick up their stickers!

Here are Becca's official rules which will be printed out and handed out with the badges and posted at the booth.

Quote:
An urgent message from the Leader of the Rebel Legion....

“Welcome to the Rebellion. As an agent of the Rebel Legion, we thank you for your allegiance and your efforts against the Empire. We are in an hour of great need....the plans to the Death Star have been separated into 4 pieces and scattered among loyal Rebel Legion Members in order to hide them from the prying eyes of the Empire. Your mission is to collect all 4 pieces of the Death Star plans and return them to the Rebel Base intact so that we can begin planning our attack on the Death Star. You will be compensated for your efforts. We thank you in advance for your participation and for Joining the FIGHT against the Galactic Empire.”

Participant rules:

1. You must be attending Celebration V for all three days August 13-15
to play. Wear your free Diplomatic Mission badge on Saturday August 14th that you can obtain at the RL table.

2. Approach all Rebel costumers who are wearing a Rebel Legion name badge and show them your badge and tell them, “I’m on a diplomatic mission”. If they have a piece of the Death Star plans, they will give you the piece he/she has.

3. Collect all 4 pieces and place them together on the badge(pieces are stickers). Show the completed plans to the Rebel Base(RL table) by 4:21pm local on Saturday August 14th for a raffle ticket for a prize. Visit the RL table on Sunday August 15th to see if you are a prize winner.

4. Have fun being an “agent” of the Rebel Legion and be sure to stay away from the Imperials.

The Rebel Legion thanks you for Joining the Fight against the Empire!!!!!

Rules for the RL MEMBERS:

Fans who are participating need to pick up the rules at the table.

If the fan forgets the words or misses some, please give them a piece if you see their badge.

Fans that return to the RL table with the completed plans need to receive a raffle ticket. Please be sure to punch the badge so that it cannot be used multiple times.

Last edited by Wolfie (Crystal Bass) on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this takes off, I would love to never have to see another jedi mind trick card again.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun, I hope it goes well. Smile
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, too bad we couldn't get this going for Comic-Con this weekend. Oh well, I wish it the best of luck. Love the sticker aspect.

WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick few questions about logistics because I'm curious...

how are the stickers going to be handed out? are we all going to have a variety of stickers? or are we all going to get a stack of just one of them? and are all stickers going to be available every day?
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like fun! can't wait to play

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam8114 wrote:
quick few questions about logistics because I'm curious...

how are the stickers going to be handed out? are we all going to have a variety of stickers? or are we all going to get a stack of just one of them? and are all stickers going to be available every day?

Some people in RL costumes AND wearing an RL badge will have them to hand out on Saturday until 4:21pm local time(TK 421...aka Luke in disguise from ANH Wink ). Anyone can do it who will be in a RL approved costume AND wearing their name badge. We are just playing on Saturday, like the Droid Hunt. The beauty of this game is that the players come to us, not we have to go to them and take their badge like the Droid Hunt. They need to say, "I'm on a diplomatic mission." You can respond in anyway appropriate for what you are dressed as. It would be better for more traditional costumes like X-Wing Pilots, Jedi and other face characters to hand out the stickers. Some of the dual RL/501st costumes(like Tuskens) might be tough to hand out something like this.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I love that we have our own game now. Thanks Becca and everyone involved. I'm definitely in to participate. Smile

citizenjohn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pardon the pun, but Im game
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as "Rebel Legion badge" are you talking about the ones we're printing out to put in our badge holders, or are you talking about the metal ones that you have to order from Damien? If it's the metal ones, I don't have one of those. Confused

padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Rachel and one I had not considered...the RL CV badge has your name on it so it should work as well Amadalia
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really clever!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Princess Leia Organa (Lori)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping the game is well received. Leia Buns We believe it will go well!

The game will be listed along with the RL booth information/description on the CV programming. So people will have a heads up on it and know that the RL has our own game. The offical rules will be at the booth as well.

twilekjedi ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this ONLY for younglings or can any con goer play the game?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Celebration Anaheim (VII) -> Past Star Wars Celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: