About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d2645406fbcfcfbba6b4afc353721f63Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gone Wookie - Torment's Tarfull **Full pics page 8**
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was gonna try to get like a flem thing going on lol if I can. even if its for one event only. I just think it would funny is all. I am definately going to clear coat them. I think I want to add a bit more rot and wear into them. Make them look like my dogs teeth. he has a huge under bite so those teeth never seem to get as clean as the rest of them when he chews his greenies. Even when we brush them. Hes still cute though so that works in his favor.
Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teeth look Awesome...

Former BSN Admid.
miqt (Mike)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Tarfull Jason - your custom parts look absolutely top shelf! Also, it really great to see you here on the RL forum making a difference and doing inspiring work...... So..... now that you obviously must have surplus time on your hands - wanna finish my clone for me? lol.
Mike
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I am getting married soon, so I could use the cash. If you wanna work out a price, i can do the work and paint. Lemme know where your at, and I can do the work for you. Clones are walk in the parks for me now. I can build one in a month if I set my mind to it. If you are serious lets work something out.
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested I am offering up kits. You can check out the for sale section if you are interested.
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Necro posting in my own thread....

Well I have been a busy boy lately. I finally got my project board up and well the list is rediculous.

1. Kal Skirata suit for the wedding - armor done, leather done, soft parts to go.

2. Rav Bralor suit for wedding - Armor 90% done, cod and thighs left to go. Leather done, Soft parts to go.

3. Tarfful - Bandolier 90% done, gotta do final assembly tonight or tomorrow. Hands 50 percent done, gotta get gloves and do full assembly,
Hair suit started, Stilts kinda done, they are being done by dougie fett. Head, hehe, cant wait to show this off. Muscle suit, needs to be sewed together.

4. Wookie skull - yeah i made a skull Should be able to show that off in a few days.

5. Royal Guard - helmet almost done

6. TK lid - all the body work still to go. Gotta fill in those gaps.

7. Vader Lid - still in its raw state.

8. Female Tusken - just gotta finish the shawl

9. Female Jedi General - top armor done, gotta make the micro sized forearms now for Alison. Then the soft parts are all her...

I have all this going on plus a few other side projects: Bowcaster, DL44, generic wookie parts. I think once I finish this list Im taking a break from making new stuff. I just dont have the room anymore for this stuff.

Now for good stuff, Here is a few pics of the bandolier as it stood a few hours ago. The rest of the ammo boxes have been attached and the top straps are being wet formed as I type. Then tomorrow it will be strapped all together and ready to roll out a finished belt.

This is a damn expensive piece and I built it all from scratch.

Leather - 100
Leather dyes - 35
Leather ties - 10
Leather tools - 75
Resin for all parts - 100
Mold Material costs - 100
Leather snaps - 15
Nylon for under rigging - 5
Plastic for masters of parts - 45

Total cost for this comes in just under 500 for everything when you add in glue and paint.

I dunno if I could ever make one of these for someone else, costs would be ridiculous. But here is the last pics before finishing it all.

Zaxmon (Ryan Ricks)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good.
Will it be one piece and slip on like a shirt?
Are the boxes riveted on?
How much did the leather cost?
How will the shoulders be connected to the belt?

Just curious Smile
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zaxmon wrote:
Looking good. Thanks for the compliment! it looks a million times better today...

Will it be one piece and slip on like a shirt? Nope it is three point attached in the rear of the belt. All three points meet at the back buckle. it holds via snaps and velcro for added support.

Are the boxes riveted on? No. I like to be able to fix something if it breaks. The boxes are velcroed on using small micro tabs. Same industrial strength, smaller size.

How much did the leather cost? Leather was about 100 in a hide a bit more since I had extra leather at home already. But around there somewhere. I am a elite member at tandy so I get a bit of a break on costs. I chose a slightly heavier grade leather but a lower quality. I did this cause the hide I chose was stamped 501. The numbers are covered by a ammo box, but it seemed fate I should use that one.

How will the shoulders be connected to the belt? the bells will be connected via two looping straps that will snap to the underside of the belt. I am doing this so I can transport the belt easier. Gotta think long term and travel with the suit. There is a support strap as well that will be coming from my under suit padding that will hold the bells center as an added support. It also supports the belt on my shoulders making sure it is always in the right place. I used a nylon strap for this and it should be covered completely by hair and dreds when its done so they will be invisible to anyone not knowing to look for something.

Just curious Smile

Hope that answered your questions!
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I have left to do on the Bandolier is add the last of the belt boxes and the lower support strap. Then I have to finish attaching the chest and belt buckle. Other than that its just fine tuning everything. Here is where I am at as of tonight.

Lonescout (Angelo Marcano)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top notch work just like your clone suits....

Former BSN Admid.
Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belt is done. I had the glue still curing when I took this pic. so the Buckle is still clamped down. But its done.

Torment (Jason Rucci)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting updates on a project like this are often far and few between. Well I have been latch hooking the head for a few days now. Right now I have about 11 hours of latching hair and I almost have the right side of the head taken care of. Another 3 hours and this side of the head should be done. Then its onto the other side and another 14 hours. Lol then the probably near 20 hours for the face. The whole head should take me nearly 50 hours of work to complete. But its coming along nicely and the blending of hairs is looking great. Well I wanted to share a few pics with all so they can see how it all looks.

This is the first rows of hair and what the process looks like...

Right side a bit fuller...

Back of the head....

Thats about it. for now. Ill post again in another 20 hours of work. lol
TK-6162 (Mark Williams)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! bow bow bow bow
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mannnn, this is awesome!! GREAT JOB!!
Cannot wait to see this Tarful done. Looking forward to seeing/hearing how the puppet hands will work out.
It's been a long, long time since we chatted- I haven't visited the Clonetrooper boards in quite awhile- I still remember this pic I took of your killer Ep 2 Clone-
I went by the username Bountys Hunted back then.

Also, you're having a Mandalorian Wedding??? Dude, that's incredible! What an uber-understanding cool lady you have! What's the details on the wedding? All the guests in Mando armor??

-Rex
Wookiewannabe ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on this build?? Would like to see a Tarful

Chewy Layers snow to print
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: