About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=620ee85a546cd410ff249edb6185a625Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Custom Twi'lek
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Lekku ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Custom Twi'lek Reply with quote

I was bored Wednesday so I raided a Goodwill and modified a few goodies I found there.

Lekku are from Pam, of course. Suggestions on things to change for more accurate Star Wars look (aside from actually structuring my improv'd head wrap)? I think I'd switch out the pink lips for dark blue, and add some designs to the headtails. I also need to teach my mom not to fear the airbrush so she can get even coverage on my face/chest.
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the look of the head wraps! It's something that I've been tempted to try, also, since I enjoy pulling up the cowl on my Mara costume to frame my face. You don't see that look for Twi'leks very often, and it reminds me of a sketch that Joe Corroney drew for Gamer magazine:

I'm going to enjoy watching this costume evolve!

Pam :-)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start! You're really going for a custom Twi'lek? Beacuse, your style remembers a lot of the Mission Vao costume she wears in the KotOR game.
However, I'm intrigued to see more of your Twi'lek. The start looks very promising. Smile

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the way this looks. It reminds me of a college student out for a night of fun. Very Happy

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
unfated (Jason York)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice.
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful !!!! Wink
YangObi (Michal Zolynski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Wink

"Those Tuskens walk like men, but they're vicious, mindless monsters."
"You were a great Jedi, Hett, and the son of a great Jedi. But you have given yourself over to revenge."
Lucky_Lekku ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind comments - it was fun being blue again (I used to be a blue demon at a larger local haunted attraction for a few years), but odd being family-friendly at the same time. Laughing It's also hilarious that no-one recognizes you if you're painted blue. Even when I didn't have the headtails on, barely anyone knew who I was, even after talking to them for a bit - for a while I was confused and slightly hurt until I realized what was going on.

Nice pic, Pam. Makes me wanna break out either my old steampunk or flight goggles and toss those on as well.

I think it's the color scheme. Sadly, only a few of the Legion members made the Mission connection - it makes me fear for future generations.... I'd convert it to a Mission in a heartbeat if I thought I could ever find/afford her thigh-high boots. "I'm not a kid!"

College student, eh? I might know something about that.... Wink I kind of do want to keep a more civilian tone to her, since the whole reason I threw this together (aside from fear of heatstroke) was to bum around the Cantina set they made for Cyphan that was such a hit. Not sure what else to tweak about it though to solidify the look. A few guys said they'd link me a place to get a Solo belt/holster to maker her a smuggler, but who knows how that'd go. Apparently the RL is looser about customs than the 501st (lucky for Costume ADHD types like myself).

Here are some shots of the costume in action at the Bartlett parade (no idea who took these, my unofficial TIE stalker sent them to me). I had a ton of help from the future wife of our Captain Rex, as well as a Tusken or two in securing the headwrap. Nar Shaddaa and MWG for the win!

Someone pointed out my eyeshadow looks flesh-toned, so I guess I have to find another color besides gold. But given the limited color scheme of my clothes I'm not sure what would still stand out but not clash.

The parade made me a bit sad though - one older guy guessed "Jabba's dancing slave" as my race, I had several of the oh-so-clever Smurf comments (though my years of being blue at the attraction have taught me that 1. Nobody ever has CLEVER references, and 2. Apperantly the only Smurf people can think of on the spot is Papa Smurf, despite obviously feminine features), and the most sad of all; several honestly excited references to "Avatar". Of course, there were a few knowing nods and high-fives from the quality nerds, but all the people who thought that the only blue people in Sci-Fi were giant creepy CGI catpeople made me kind of sad.

In case anyone who knows me (or at least my hair) was morbidly curious, here's how I got my thigh-length hair to stay inside the headpiece:
Leia buns!
It's a two person affair - I hold the front to my forehead while someone simultaneously pulls the bottom over gathered braids and stuffs them into the spots I hollowed out in the bottom of the stuffing. Yes, I was too lazy after the parade to fully clean off/change.

Tips for people who don't usually do heavy make-up: Baby wipes and Cetaphil are your best friends for getting clean. It took two or three baby wipes to get my face as clear as it is in the picture, and Cetaphil got the rest of it off completely and quickly once I got home to running water.
Crix ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you looked awesome at the parade!!
even better in person.

I wouldnt worry to much about what the people at the parade said..
I mean I got called Ghostbuster wearing my x-wing at this parade Laughing

Quote:
my unofficial TIE stalker sent them to me
ROTF

CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again:Sweet costume. I really like the style of it.

Crix wrote:
I mean I got called Ghostbuster wearing my x-wing at this parade Laughing
Yeah, we got a kid that called our RotJ Luke Darth Vader. -.-

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Lucky_Lekku ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm used to people being stupid on purpose from my old job, and little kids mixing up the characters is understandable and even cute. It's the kids between 12 and 40 that worry me. Wink
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes... the things the general public will say when you're blue...

"Look, it's a Smurf!"
"Are you feeling blue today?"
"You must be really cold, huh?"

And of course, my favorite...

"Princess Leia! Princess Leia!"

Pam :-)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic!!!!!
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad for being one of those people in the 12-40 bracket who wouldn't have ever guessed Mission Vao...

Mostly because I never really got into KOTOR, and thus never learned character names.

Nice Twi'lek though!
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice twi'lek! Cool I like the casual style she's/you're wearing.

I will admit I would never have guessed Mission, but then I never played any of the games. Wink
Doing a twi'lek is high on my priority list of costumes to do, but there is the small matter of money and time. Two things I'm low on. (And of course I should finish off my other costume projects first).

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: