Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=db8209bfa61bd0256312fd96b56dee9bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wear orange . . . it's trendy!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Wear orange . . . it's trendy! Reply with quote

So . . . would anyone be interested in making an X-Wing pilot with me? I'll be starting my Wedge Antilles costume this coming month. We already have one member (whom I will leave anonymous until they speak out) but would love to see this become a group project. If you're interested, leave some feedback.

Several of the Imperials will be on-board (and increasing our base membership). Link to the Georgia Garrison Board thread; http://forums.ga501st.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=2615

Just to keep track of where I'm acquiring my pieces, I'll list them here.

Flightsuit: Ordered orange two snap-front coveralls, these will need to be modified, http://www.workingclassclothes.com/product.php?productid=16279&cat=256&page=1#images

Chest box; local vendor making a 'raw' kit for them for a good price. If you're interested, please let me know ASAP. These will need to be painted, buttons and greeblies added.

Helmet; Check the sale forum on these message boards.

Flak vest, belt, harness; PM me for ideas, or refer to the sale forum on these message boards.

Boots; German Jackboots are preferred. These are boots I've used for Luke & Dooku, though I took them to a shoe shop and have the top 'flattened' to removed the curve, which has shortened them a bit, http://www.crazyhorsetack.com/mendevdresbo.html

As mentioned previously, these are the vendors/companies I have used, so feel free to choose your own supplier(s) for your costume.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion

Last edited by Commander Cody (Jason R.) on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nimsil (Brent Galanski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot me a PM with some prices and places you are getting your gear. I will price it out and see. It was nice this weekend to see a large group of pilots in one place.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimsil wrote:
Shoot me a PM with some prices and places you are getting your gear. I will price it out and see. It was nice this weekend to see a large group of pilots in one place.

Refer to the GG post I linked in the first thread. It has a rough break-down of prices. As far as the helmets, I ordered mine from Jedi Mickey here on the boards.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Nimsil (Brent Galanski)
Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to swing it if I wait until later to get the helmet. Let me look a bit further into it and price it out.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nimsil wrote:
I might be able to swing it if I wait until later to get the helmet. Let me look a bit further into it and price it out.

You can still get the costume approval without the helmet (odd, isn't it?).

Funky Buns (Daphne Collier)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need $$$. After I save up enough $$$ I will work on chickpilot X-Wing 1

The x-wing pilot has been for a long time one of my MANY costume wants. Mr. Green
Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested.... but having to be careful of my credits ATM.

I've spent way too much money lately... all worthwhile stuff, including home and car repairs.... but I can't wave my hand like Qui-Gon. (Of course, it didn't go so well for him that time, either... LOL)

But I'm very interested. Smile

I understand Tranquility Base (Alabama) has about 15 pilot costumes in the approval pipeline... some current members, but some new members. All of the pilots in a group looked great at the Huntsville troop this past weekend.

Pilot
Jarren Landcaster (Christopher Shore)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be interested as well, but it will be beyond CV and DC when we have more $$ X-Wing 1

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple questions in regards to the movie helmets, so I'll provide some info on them.

Here is a great resource on the canon helmets.

http://www.starwarshelmets.com/original_rebel_pilot_helmets.htm

Here is a group image of the most common decals used on the helmets. This doesn't include the larger designs used for Biggs or Red Leader, but it's a good start.

Hope this helps!

Kryy Jacobi (Karyn W)
Bespin Base XO
Bespin Base XO

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great resource!! Thanks, Jason! Smile
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the interest in this. Let the RLSC know if we can help in any way or point you guys in the right direction.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon, we sure will! Smile
Jedi_Boyer (Michel Boyer)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have pdf's for patterns of all the pockets needed for the flightsuit if anyone is planning on modding their own. Just send me a pm with your email address and I will send it to you.
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi_Boyer wrote:
I have pdf's for patterns of all the pockets needed for the flightsuit if anyone is planning on modding their own. Just send me a pm with your email address and I will send it to you.

Thanks, Michael Smile

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it matter where we get our flight suits at? Because sometimes when you buy things from different places, they tend to use different dye lots on their merchandise. I am just wondering because I didn't know if it would matter if the colors were off a bit. I know that's sometimes a problem with the RFTs.

I might get a flight suit to start out with, and just get the other pieces when I have the extra money. I figure that's a good place to start. I may have some seat belt webbing to make the ejection harness.....I'll have to check with my father inlaw.....he works with a lot of cars and may have some handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Bespin Base -> Bespin Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: