About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d12c7c2d749674beff548ae0bb9220eaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Tours Cast Member Uniform
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJLolanaK (Belle LaDean)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I find wrong with this is you wouldn't be able to wear it to any Star Wars events in which Disney is a participant in (ie. SWW, Celebration Orlando, etc) since it's not an "authorized" character or costume, and absolutely NO Star Wars Weekends would be allowed at all, as Disney would see it as someone trying to scam guests or get into backstage areas (They look at anyone in a costume anymore. No adult in a costume is allowed into any Park unless it for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. Then and only then is the only time they are allowed in park. Kids are a totally different story.) I'd love to see a junior version of a Tours guide!

I will say I love this costume as it was my first I got to wear when I started @ Disney! I would love to see some of the designers on here redesign it as something that might have actually been in the films/galaxy/time period, rather than an exact replica/ copy of the pre-existing costume! I for one am now going to try my hand at it since I see so many people are interested in the idea!

Disney's Star Wars Weekends Expert
Graphic Designer, Make-up Artist, Costumer, Singer, Actor, etc.
www.FaceBook.com/MJLolanaK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drago Lordist (Steve Schaeperkoetter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda re-visiting this idea now that Disney owns Lucasfilm/et all. I'm kinda thinking something more along the lines of the figure they released, almost based on an imperial crewman:

any thoughts?

Steve Schaeperkoetter
RL/JA: Drago Lordist - KJO, WHP, RLSC
501st: DZ/IC/SL 7221 - GWL
Road Squadron
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think it's an awesome outfit. It's too bad it's not acceptable in the RL or I'd probably make one-- but without RL acceptance there's really no reason for me to, there's really no decent conventions around here for me to wear it to.

Though I think that the old orange/blue uniforms look a heck of a lot better than the new blue/orange ones. The new uniforms just look so... I don't know... random, I guess. They're not very attractive.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: