About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=445df299a419a67ad8f61a957a665062Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

finished face cast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trickysix989 (Kym)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: finished face cast Reply with quote

So heres my finished face cast with the dragonskin (btw This stuff is awesome!) Very soft and squishy. I have to kinda touch up my underskull sculpt because my mold pulled it off my head bust. It came out of the mold ok (vaseline on the clay). i just had to pop it out of the mold and lay it back on my bust. Now I just need to build the underskull up a bit to make it flush with the face mask.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually made a life cast of my sculpture work for that resaon.

Grats on the work you have done so far... looking good.

Bob
Dougie Fett ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just running an idea by you, it's a method that http://www.daniele-tirinnanzi.com used for his gorilla mask.

After the mould of the face was made, he layed clay inside it the same thickness and in the same areas that the mask will be! About 5 to 10mm depending on how thick you want your dragonskin mask.

He then layed fibreglass inside the mould. Probably the quickest way of making an underskull and it will fit perfectly.
Hopefully u won't have any undercuts that will prevent you from taking out the fibreglass skull. But at least fibreglass has some flex to it!
Fuzzball ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geat work man. That looks awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: