About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9e35894948dc5be126b40d54f36d056bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

BattleFront Commando
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

Since I'm close to completing my Commando outfit I thought I'd post a few holo's of it.

Still need to do a few more details and get the correct rifle.

These where taken at two events for the promotion of Star Wars BattleFront buy Lucas Arts and G4 TV.

I put this together in a week to have it ready for the TV shoot about a month ago and then spent a few days making the Hoth style pack for the Media preview in San Francisco two weeks ago.

More info on the game can be found at http://swbattlefront.net/

Rogue 9

Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

how did you get this colours on the pants?

spray?

for the short sleeve vest, how did you get this result? did you start from existing clothes?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reaper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

outstanding work on it! And yeah, how did you do it? Wink is there a tutorial coming soon? Wink
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

The cloths are painted with regular spray in a can.

The pants are store bought but I will soon be making them from scratch now that I have them all measured out, I was going to make them the day before my last event but was to tired to spend the day sewing.

The vest and  jacket I made using McCALL's pattern P272 and modifying them to be correct.

The AN-H-15 is scratch built as well since I needed one in a hurry and they are rather expansive and getting harder to find.

I'll see about doing up a tutoral some time this week.

Rogue 9

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

Sorry about the delay.

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Commando%20Basics.doc  basic costume parts

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Commando%20Jacket%20Tutoral.doc   Jacket Tutoral

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/jacket_assembly.jpg  Jacket Assembly

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Commando%20Vest%20Tutoral.doc   Vest Tutoral

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/vest_assembly.jpg    Vest Assembly

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Vest.jpg  Vest

http://hooverae.com/upload/files/Commando%20Pants.jpg Pants

Once I make the pants I'll post a Tutoral.

Rogue 9

Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

NICE JOB!!!

i'm beginning mine, hope to finish it in some weeks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

Thanks.

Looking forward to seeing it.

Rogue 9

Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

bump for the great topic

i had to change my project but this one is still forseen

what would you say about costumes pieces mayde by a clothier? standardized, serial well made, something like stormtroopers armor are?

it would boost the legion in my humble pov
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

Well if you could find someone willing to be a rebel outfitter it would work.

Lot of work for the person(s) doing it.

And then would they be supplying all the cloth parts?

Shirt, pant, jacket, vest, gaitors, AN-H-15 replica, belts, etc...?

Will other things be included like vest greeblies, comlink, helmet, gloves?

Will the pant's and jacket be pre colored or each one hand painted?
Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

well at first if the trousers and jacket would be avaibale, i assume it would be a lot of work done for us

i never saw a very good camo done, the one you did is very close but i dont know what people of the art would say about the original ones

the AN-H-15 is not too hard to replicate, exept the gum-ears (sorry i dont get the exact words in english), Belgium are making some of them yet.

if he is not able to make all the parts just the main pieces would be helpull because made by looking at the originals (any modification to do) and also because all the people would start on the same base, the final groups would be coherent...

have you a good software and the time to get some DVD screenshots?
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

Unfortunatly I don't have a DVD player on my computer.

So no screen caps.

I have some pix from the MoM tour if that's what you are refering to.

The outfits are a beige (lt tan) with the camo pattern painted on it.

The ear cups are a rubber.

I am looking into making some with mask making latex, pre colored in black.

I'd prefer to have a real AN-H but they are getting harder to find.

I think there is someone that makes replicas but they are expensive.

Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

i have two real AN-H-15, one i founded i Paris (not too hard to get here) and the other founded and talently modified my Richies Armors

but you have to know that these are real historic pieces, so fragiles too! that why i would prefer replicas, strongers, but i never saw thems...

for the MOM you are refering to, it is the costume saw in the Part Of Star Wars?

if it is i'm afraid that this costume never appear in the movie, but was made for the exibition, the tan coloured fabric is not accurate at all, maybe just the Luke's poncho and han's duster seems to be close to it. the trooper's originals are greens (light green and very light green but less) grey, all in 10cm spots

i'm currently capturing some pics
Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

ok, here is the DVD capture i did even being busy

it is usefull!

on the AN-H15 modified, there are maybe 2,3 different molds, the most common are the Hero version

but the Luke and Leia have the leather, where is the snaps knobs, full black, and it is tan on the other one i saw

hero helmets

soldier helmets
Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:13 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

sleeve less jacket: i saw a thing on the officer sleeves, mots people make full sleeves but on the following pic you can see the sleeve is just an "up part" of a normal sleeve

full pic

look to the armpits, you will see the sleeves are not closed under

Eric on you drawings it could be this

on the left your orginal darws, on the right what the DVD says us (this DVD are an exellent thing but it come late lol)

Arkos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: BattleFront Commando Reply with quote

the hooded jacket, undert the one seen up

the arms are shorter, you can clearly see it on this pic:

so there are not real covering part on normal sleeves, but shorter sleeves and covering part swewing UNDER!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Return of the Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: