About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1dee1731521998456e3bae7d5b77e86fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

FX Obi-wan TPM Convert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Jeff Kenobi wrote:
I have been trying to use the strap wrench and i cant seem to get a good grip with my other hand to unscrew the emitter. I used the hammer a couple of times like u said but im not sure. Which way should i be turning the wrench left or right?
This is why LDM recommended two strap wrenches in the tutorial! Wink At least you got it come loose, though! you're getting there, keep at it.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Obi-Jeff Kenobi (Jeff Hoyle)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use 2 strap wrenches. I used a smaller one for the emitter and the bigger one for the shroud area and just tured slowly and it cam loose enough for me to unscrew it with my hands. Im just waiting for my package to come from TCSS with the rest of my parts.

I ordered:

•1 of: 8-32 Tap & drill set
•1 of: Tap handle
•1 of: 26 gauge wire (Black)
•1 of: 26 gauge wire (Red)
•1 of: 8-32 x 1/8" Set screw
•1 of: Luxeon Collimator Lens 10 deg viewing angle - Extra in case
•1 of: Luxeon III/V Lens Holder - Extra in case
•1 of: Seoul P4 (Blue) - Extra in case
•2 of: 1/16" Heatshrink tubing

Hope this should be good for now. I think it should be here tomorrow. Hopefully everything else goes good.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i got my package in. Finally got rid of those damn screws. I will start putting the saber back together later on tonight after i get some thermal compound from Radio Shack. And then head off to Wal Mart for food shopping. Hope they still have some Empire Strikes Back shirts their i want one.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a failure. I got my saber full completed had it all back together and when i went to turn on the saber it made the sound of it trying to turn on and im not sure how to fix this problem. Can someone please help me out and try to see what i did wrong?
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Jeff Kenobi wrote:
I am a failure. I got my saber full completed had it all back together and when i went to turn on the saber it made the sound of it trying to turn on and im not sure how to fix this problem. Can someone please help me out and try to see what i did wrong?

First best step is check the batteries and the connection of the battery pack to the electronics housing. Leave the pommel off and hold it in place to make sure the connection is good.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have figured out the problem. The connection from the battery pack and the soundboard is fine. My problem is that i can not solder for crap. Some how the connections from the Seoul to the clash and head connector are not making a good connection. When i had everything good for a few minutes i started to slide everything back into the hilt and when i went to test it again the battery pack was making a on going connection noise like it was trying to turn over but could not. I am going to see if a friend of mine could help me out with my soldering problem. I have shaky hands and my soldering job is really a mess. Hopefully he can do better than me because he makes his own sabers and could help me out. At least i gave it my best shot at trying to do it myself. I rather have someone who has done it before and can fix my problems.
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know you figured out where your problem was Smile

Brent

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my TPM off to Arm on Fire his a good friend. He is going to fix my soldering job and make sure its working good when its all buttoned up before sending it back to me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi-Jeff Kenobi wrote:
I sent my TPM off to Arm on Fire his a good friend. He is going to fix my soldering job and make sure its working good when its all buttoned up before sending it back to me.
Randy does excellent work....I've had a few dealings with him over the internet myself....he should have no problem fixing it up for you.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been sometime since i replyed to this. Well since my soldering was bad, i sent my saber off to randy to have fix a bit and have him drill and tap the hole for my blade retention screw. Got it back today from the Empire. Here is pics. Thanks again Randy your the best. Mr. Green

Active Legion Member

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you got it working properly!

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: