Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6f1b27650d5478f7667179e9c0f4707dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Vader's Vault Sabers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
Both of them are led ladders vs a core led. I haven't see vader's vault use any type of ladder in their sabers, but I'm sure they would accomodate. Though if memory serves me the CF cards aren't setup to be used with led ladders. I can't check back on that since fx-sabers is still down, but you could email erv to ask him about it. I would definitely recommend Makotosai if you go down that route as in my opinion his blades are much brighter and are much more affordable. He sells his own sound boards as well.

Yeah, I've talked to Makoto a bit, I think I'm going to have him convert my MR Luke ROTJ that was an EL... I was taking it to town with my Ultrasaber and well... the blade wasn't happy.
Greywolf (Julie Yakes)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We own 3 Vader's Vault sabers, and they are magnificent. We only had a problem with one of them when we got it - some wiring had come loose after being the packed was mishandled in shipping - and they took care of it immediately without charge. Top notch makers.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see there's so much confidence in them.

Allow me to offer a small quote so you can have a hint of what I'm after.

"The overlays we are planning for the saber, coupled with the claws at the emitter and the beak overlay by the pommel will definitely convey the Phoenix feel."
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
Both of them are led ladders vs a core led. I haven't see vader's vault use any type of ladder in their sabers, but I'm sure they would accomodate. Though if memory serves me the CF cards aren't setup to be used with led ladders. I can't check back on that since fx-sabers is still down, but you could email erv to ask him about it. I would definitely recommend Makotosai if you go down that route as in my opinion his blades are much brighter and are much more affordable. He sells his own sound boards as well.

I agree... Makoto is the way to go... if you want it BRIGHT... the downside is the blade WON'T be removable... it will be like a Fx-saber... but SUPER bright.

His sound card ALSO has an SD card feature, if I'm correct... but I'd personally go with the CF v5.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Yar-Nala wrote:
Gius Maximus wrote:

I agree... Makoto is the way to go... if you want it BRIGHT... the downside is the blade WON'T be removable... it will be like a Fx-saber... but SUPER bright.

His sound card ALSO has an SD card feature, if I'm correct... but I'd personally go with the CF v5.

Oh, the personal saber from Vader's Vault will be CF v5

I have a luke ROTJ FX saber that broke, so it'll be turned into a makoto eventually, no reason to keep it as just a hilt anymore, especially as it won't be my PERSONAL saber.

I can't think of a reason to have two CF v5 sabers.
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazhar wrote:
Jedi Yar-Nala wrote:
Gius Maximus wrote:

I have a luke ROTJ FX saber that broke, so it'll be turned into a makoto eventually, no reason to keep it as just a hilt anymore, especially as it won't be my PERSONAL saber.

Oh I can ALWAYS have two CF v5 sabers Wink

If you EVER score a CF v5 board OR a saber...and feel that you don't have a need for it PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE send it my way Cool
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Yar-Nala wrote:
Drazhar wrote:
Jedi Yar-Nala wrote:
Gius Maximus wrote:

Oh I can ALWAYS have two CF v5 sabers Wink

If you EVER score a CF v5 board OR a saber...and feel that you don't have a need for it PLEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEEEEEE send it my way Cool

Perhaps I should have said "I can't think of a reason to justify spending the money required to have two CF v5 sabers" eh?
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI...

Our VERY own Rebel Legion member, Jay-Gon Jinn is one of the top sabersmiths around...

And considering the orange you're looking for... you might want to check out his recent masterpiece:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=23977.0;topicseen
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, fx-sabers forums are finally back up eh?
guyver04 (john lord)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be getting my first Vaders Vault saber in the mail hopefully next week. I had them build a A'Sharad Hett saber saber for me and the pics they sent before weathering is awesome.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guyver04 wrote:
I'll be getting my first Vaders Vault saber in the mail hopefully next week. I had them build a A'Sharad Hett saber saber for me and the pics they sent before weathering is awesome.

Be sure to post lots of pics here, I know I'll be posting mine in about.... six months or so when I get it.
guyver04 (john lord)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it came today. It has a Seoul P4 green, NiMh battery with recharge port that acts as a killswitch. Leather grips I'll do later on with maybe some deer hide I have.

Here it is before they weathered it.

And here's some from today. It's not very good cuz my camera wasn't charged so I snaped a few with my web cam. I can post better ones later if you want when my camera charges.

The think the weathering is awesome and looks like it's been used in the Tatooine desert.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Smile
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guyver04 wrote:
Well it came today. It has a Seoul P4 green, NiMh battery with recharge port that acts as a killswitch. Leather grips I'll do later on with maybe some deer hide I have.

Here it is before they weathered it.

And here's some from today. It's not very good cuz my camera wasn't charged so I snaped a few with my web cam. I can post better ones later if you want when my camera charges.

The think the weathering is awesome and looks like it's been used in the Tatooine desert.

I LIKE it, is it one of their stunt sabers? Or did you just choose to forgo sound?
guyver04 (john lord)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a custom A'Sharad Hett saber but still a stunt, but I had them put in a vented pommel so that I may add sound later. I kinda feel bad that I have to cover up the main hilt body with leather.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: