Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ba195a614901eec2533f54033f8b7153Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Vader's Vault Sabers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Vader's Vault Sabers Reply with quote

I noticed that after checking the 17 pages or whatever of threads, I didn't see them mentioned, not even in the big show off your lightsaber thread

Anyone have any experience/knowledge of their work? It looks like they do a good job.

I'm just hoping for opinions.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Medals: 8 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately fx-sabers.com forums is currently down again or you could see first hand a ton of great things about Fender and Allaera. They do some very amazing work and have a great track record of very happy customers. The do anything from simple stunts to very detailed custom work including machining of parts/shrouds you name it. You can't go wrong with them and I back that up 110%.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fx-sabers.com forums seems to be uh... malware laden atm, avast is blocking it for a dang good reason at least.

I've been talking with Fender and Allaera and have agreed to pay their prices for my own custom saber because well... I can't machine anything, my wrists aren't strong enough to lathe things properly either.

Anyone else?

Also, are claws around your emitter acceptable?

I'm having a saber crafted based on the Phoenix of mythos, my favorite animal and something with great meaning to me.

Blade will be orange though, hope this won't DQ me from the legion.
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also back Vaders Vault all the way. They fixed my saber numerous times and made it the wonderful piece it is today. You will not be disappointed with them.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... I've held their masterpieces in person... and their stuff is AWESOME...

Their OSPP (their purple color) blade is SOOOOO nice.

I've had the pleasure to do 2 commissioned One Sheets and Cross Section Plaques for 2 different clients... one of which I was the one taking the pictures of it...

They are one of THE best sabersmiths in the community. I can't wait to see your saber. Smile
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfen wrote:
I also back Vaders Vault all the way. They fixed my saber numerous times and made it the wonderful piece it is today.

Really? What did you do to your saber that required being repaired "numerous times"? raise eyebrows

Drazhar wrote:

Also, are claws around your emitter acceptable?

I'm having a saber crafted based on the Phoenix of mythos, my favorite animal and something with great meaning to me.

Blade will be orange though, hope this won't DQ me from the legion.

There were a few Jedi that had claws on their sabers, like Exar Kun (yes, even before he turned to the Dark Side), Nomi Sunrider, Ulic Qel-Droma.

What shade of orange? If it's closer to yellow, it should be ok, but if it's closer to red, then it could be a problem.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a pure orange, actual orange, not orange red, not orange yellow... my favorite color in the world.. kinda like a medium sunset area?

http://www.tanzilo.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/orange-color-table.jpg

If they can manage that that's my goal.

If not then it'd probably end up lighter I suppose.

I've told them what I'm after which includes the Crystal Focus 5.0

I won't be able to fully pay off the saber for... 6 months I guess...

fixed income, but it's what I want, so I'll do it.
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CFV5...

Did you score one in that mini 20 batch run last week, or are you hoping to score one in future runs?

The blade color should be nice... I'm sure that they can pull that off Smile
Jello (Tony)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own two Vader's Vault sabers, and I can say without reservation that you won't be disappointed! Quality work!

Try not! Do, or do not. There is no try.
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they color your looking for is an amber bin 6. Its the color ultrasabers refers to as fire orange. Its about as close as it gets to a true orange and its definitely not red or yellow. I really like the color as well and have a couple of my lightsabers with it.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Yar-Nala wrote:
CFV5...

Did you score one in that mini 20 batch run last week, or are you hoping to score one in future runs?

The blade color should be nice... I'm sure that they can pull that off Smile

Future runs, like I said I won't be able to fully pay off the saber for about 6 months anyway, so it's no real hurry.

Gius Maximus wrote:
I think they color your looking for is an amber bin 6. Its the color ultrasabers refers to as fire orange. Its about as close as it gets to a true orange and its definitely not red or yellow. I really like the color as well and have a couple of my lightsabers with it.

I too have a Fire Orange saber at the moment, it's a Rifter, but I'm hoping a Vader's Vault can be brighter, or else I'll just get OSPP.
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jedi Loreen"]
Wolfen wrote:
I also back Vaders Vault all the way. They fixed my saber numerous times and made it the wonderful piece it is today.

Really? What did you do to your saber that required being repaired "numerous times"? raise eyebrows

Well the first time they sent it back to me I snapped the wires connecting the battery pack when I pulled on it too hard. I also had 3 MR boards burn out in it. Then I dropped it once and damaged the recharge port.The thing was cursed I tell you. But they fixed it up every time. Now its running a US 2.5 and I havnt had anymore problems.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drazhar wrote:

Gius Maximus wrote:

I too have a Fire Orange saber at the moment, it's a Rifter, but I'm hoping a Vader's Vault can be brighter, or else I'll just get OSPP.

I believe that there are ledengine 5W ambers, but I can't remember for sure. If anyone is going to be able to pull off something as bright as it can be they are the ones to do it. One of the few who have done multiple 10W installs and tons of RGB types as well. I'm sure you'll be happy with what they can provide for you.
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gius Maximus wrote:
Drazhar wrote:

Gius Maximus wrote:

I believe that there are ledengine 5W ambers, but I can't remember for sure. If anyone is going to be able to pull off something as bright as it can be they are the ones to do it. One of the few who have done multiple 10W installs and tons of RGB types as well. I'm sure you'll be happy with what they can provide for you.

I was actually of the opinion and understanding that Hyperdyne and Makoto Tsai had the brightest blades. Am I wrong in this belief?
Dantooine Base CO
Dantooine Base CO

Dragon Con Planning Team Volunteer (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them are led ladders vs a core led. I haven't see vader's vault use any type of ladder in their sabers, but I'm sure they would accomodate. Though if memory serves me the CF cards aren't setup to be used with led ladders. I can't check back on that since fx-sabers is still down, but you could email erv to ask him about it. I would definitely recommend Makotosai if you go down that route as in my opinion his blades are much brighter and are much more affordable. He sells his own sound boards as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: