About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=016f0d52c6118188a829de40c08b9c0aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Official RLCV Room Volunteers Sign-Up
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Celebration Anaheim (VII) -> Past Star Wars Celebrations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Official RLCV Room Volunteers Sign-Up Reply with quote

Time to volunteer for the Rebel Legion's CV room! We'll need everyone to come together and help make our presence at CV impressive, so please sign up and encourage others to do so as well. Don't just be a spectator -- be part of the show!

NOTE: The opening shift each day is being reserved for the command staff. The second shift will have enough time to get into the building, and get to the table before the shift starts.

Note about Reed & RL Volunteer time: A Rebel Legion volunteer is not the same thing as a CV volunteer, as organized by Reed through the official CV website. This will be for Rebel Legion activities only and has no connection to what Reed is doing. Time spent volunteering for the Rebel Legion does not factor in to any hours needed to obtain perks from Reed. But it's still well worth your time!

Here is what the room is going to look like

(click on the above illustration for a larger version)
Some changes had to be made, so this should be the final version of the booth layout.

Here is where our booth will be located at. (Thx to Bradly for posting this)

We are going to need all hands on deck to make sure we have this covered. We are asking for FOUR costumed volunteers & TWO non-costumed volunteers PER SHIFT

Two costumed volunteers will need to man the Information Table, and to man the entry/exit points. We want to keep the traffic flow moving in one direction, so we will be placing one costumed volunteer at each of these locations. The other two costumed volunteers will need to provide roving security/Q&A for the public. The two non-costumed volunteers will be strictly roving security for the numerous props that will be on display. Just to make sure nothing grows feet and walks away.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR COSTUMED VOLUNTEERS
Open-face costumes (RFT, Jedi, X-Wing Pilot, etc.) are fine as long as vision and speech is not encumbered. Clones with helmets off and Wookies don't count for this category. These costumes will be used in other areas of the RL Room and for maning the entry/exit points to help with flow control.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR NON-COSTUMED VOLUNTEERS If you DO want to come in costume, open face costumes will be accepted for this. Otherwise, you must be in RL swag(name badge, RL shirt, RL Jersey, Rebel Cheerleaders, etc).

TABLE GOODIES:
This year working the Rebel Legion Room has it's advantages. We were able to get 200 of the RLCV V2 logo donated to us by Moritz. So we will have patches, a custom RLCV badge, a poster card, and a special raffle for those who work 5+ shifts.

UPDATE: Snowspeeder guard duty WILL count towards table goodies.

The freebie plan works like this:
1 Shift: Custom RL name badge. (See Below)
2 Shifts: 1 free RLCV v2 patch
3 Shifts: Mini Poster Card (surprise graphics)
4 Shifts: Another free RLCV v2 patch for trading!
5+ shifts: Your name will go into a raffle to win something cool from the LCO. Each shift after 5 gets you an extra ticket in the hat.

Of course if you work each shift you get each prize so if you work 4 shifts you end up with 2 free patches, a poster, and a name badge. You work 2 shifts you get a patch and a name badge.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
There will be a sign in sheet at the table each day. In order to track how many shifts you work, you will be responsible for signing in. On Sunday, I will use this to determine which goodies you have earned. If you forget to sign in then that shift WILL NOT count towards the goodies. You do NOT have to be present to win the raffle; since we won't have it until late on Sun.

Here is the proof for the RLCV v2 patch. (it says Patches R Us, but it will come from Moritz)

Here is the NEW custom RLCV badge. (Special thanks to ionicdesign for helping with this)

UPDATE: We will NOT be printing these out for you. Each member will be emailed the badge with the user name/base/etc already added. You will then need to print it out, and have it laminated on your own.

UPDATE 2: The only ranks that will be added are Base CO/XO, Detachment CO/XO, Legion Officers

We are also going to specifically need X-Wing pilots for guard duty. So if you are interested please be sure to help out there. We are doing an Echo Base theme, so any Snow Speeder Pilots that can sign up would be AWESOME.

This will be run just like we do for Dragon*Con. Each shift will be 90 minutes long, and will have a 30 minute overlap with the next shift. So if you are running a little late for your next shift, we will still have coverage, but you WILL need to be at the booth by the end of the 30 minute window.

Use the spreadsheet below to sign up. The Non-Costumed Volunteers list is located on the second sheet, which you can find linked at the bottom of the page (of the first spreadsheet), and the Snowspeeder sign up in on the third sheet. Please sign up for as many as you can!

ALL RL OFFICERS ATTENDING ARE EXPECTED TO SIGN-UP FOR AT LEAST ONE SHIFT AT THE MAIN BOOTH

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akx38t9jvN9PdDF5ODRTUTBnWl9JZzJCd3RBVTkwYmc&hl=en

I am going to be locking the spreadsheet on 8/8. Feel free to make any changes to your shifts that you need to until that date. Once it's locked you will have to find someone to switch with you, if you are no longer able to make you shift.

Last edited by Aurabesh on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 14 times in total
the.rebel.agent (Diego J. Arévalo)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in. But dont have permission to access the spreadsheet.
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the.rebel.agent wrote:
I am in. But dont have permission to access the spreadsheet.

x2

Wolfie (Crystal Bass)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Economically speaking I probably will have to allow 1 patch per shift at least to make the run worth doing. The 501st already are doing a similar thing and you can buy 1 per shift so if you want more for trading you can work more shifts. I know we've been planning a while so we're not trying to steal the 501st idea but maybe the way they are doing it...

We have to be able to run 50-100 of these to make it worth it... Maybe something along the lines of if you work 1 shift you can buy 1, but if you work 2+ shifts you can buy 3 something like that.

I'll work it out but you will have to sign up for shifts to be able to buy the special patch of Duck's logo. I should hopefully also have a little something free for those who work shifts as well
Cyrus (Hoyt Dingus)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might not be letting me get to the sporead sheet because i am at work i am not sure. i will check again once i return home either way i will be there to help.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

I just sent a request to open the excel document, since it's secured and I can't see it.

I'm in for a few slots. Also, I believe my Endor Base fearless leader, Kathy, has suggested to Endor Base members to do a group shift sign-up, but I'll wait for her lead on that one.

Robin aka Master Mina
Rumble (Beth)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have permission to access Sad

I'm definitely in for some X-Wing time - are y'all going to be looking for clones as well or trying to keep it more OT visually? It's still in the build phase, but I'm planning on having it done by CV.
Jada ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in for at least 2 shifts and no, I can't view the spreadsheet either.

Rest In Peace Iceobel - Faithful Dog - August 1997 - July 2011

Rest In Peace Leo - Feline Companion and Comforter - adopted March 2005 - August 2013
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to view it again
jedibarriss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing offix pix so once I get my sched then I can set a time here.
Aurabesh

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexu1 wrote:
Don't have permission to access Sad

I'm definitely in for some X-Wing time - are y'all going to be looking for clones as well or trying to keep it more OT visually? It's still in the build phase, but I'm planning on having it done by CV.

ALL legion costumes are welcome.
Lumpy (Chris Blackstock)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got any jobs for a Wookiee??
I'm housebroken and love small children (they taste like chicken!) Evil or Very Mad
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lumpy wrote:
Got any jobs for a Wookiee??
I'm housebroken and love small children (they taste like chicken!) Evil or Very Mad

Are you potty trained too?...just kidding...LOL Laughing
AMP (Tony Perez)
Kessel Base CO
Kessel Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly want to work our area, however I would like to see the event schedule first, to volunteer around panels and such.

It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jedibarriss wrote:
I am doing offix pix so once I get my sched then I can set a time here.

I've signed up to volunteer with CV - Reed (pending their confirmation), but I'll still be able to fit some shifts in for the RL too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Celebration Anaheim (VII) -> Past Star Wars Celebrations All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: