About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a55689b37099ea726cfc9b6e91c59a30Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rebels Defend Endor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Greeting's Gentle Beings.

Many of you have expressed concerns over the Rebels not getting enough recognition in Star Wars related Events, part of this is due to the lack of presence, the Promoters wanting only Storm Troopers or just a lack of Rebel costumes available.

In the last two months a large number of us have been part of a G4 TV and Lucas Arts promotion for the New up coming video game " Star Wars Battlefront"

We where asked participate in the filming of interviews of the game designers and just the other evening where part of the Presentation for the gaming magazines and web sites to see and play the game.

We where asked to be on hand as a live repersentation of some of the action people will be experiencing in the game.

The need was for a large number of Rebel Endor Commandos and a few Fleet Troopers that where willing to shoot it out with the Imps on the forest moon of Endor.

The other evening was a live interaction with the guests, staying in character to give the feel of being on Endor, rounding out the experience of military camo'd tents and sounds of Endor and the battle off in the forest.

An incredibly cool experience.

So why am I going on about this?

Well first of all to let you know that the Rebel Alliance is getting noticed.

It's also to make a point, that if you want to be recignized and used for special events you need to have a number of QUALITY CANON costumes in your closet so when the opportunity arises you'll be able to particepate.

I have been privilaged enough to attend a number of special events because I have or can put together in a short time a fair amount of diffirent Rebel and Imperial costumes.

The Commando I did, I put  together in a week and upgraded for the other evening, making it close to movie accurate with very little sewing skills and a bit of scratch building.

I have done the Special Episode II Pre Screening in San Fransisco with Mr Lucas, a few Episodes of Tech TV's Screen Savers, 3 Events with G4 and 4 with Lucas Arts as well as a number of other Official " TOP SECRET " Events.

Not all as Rebels but at least half of them where.

Why? Because I have a number of diffirent costumes to choose from.

I tend to tease others I see at events when I see them in the same costume at every event, I refer to them as a one trick pony.

It may piss them off but I am trying to get them motivated to do more costumes.

I know there is the money issue or where to get parts, how to make things, etc...

With the Rebels most of it is just sewing or modifying found items and there are people that supply the hard pieces if you can't make them your self.

For the most part I get inexpensive materials and I always buy twice what I need incase I need to throw something together in a hurry.

Please take this as an encuragement, to broaden out in your arsenal of costumes.

Cater to what will be in demand and you cater to our cause.

Remember after you do your one trick a few times, no one notices or cares.

Peace.

Rogue 9

Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. (The pics didn't work for me) I have been talking to some other members about having a costume workshop where we can all start putting together components for new costumes. I have had a lot of luck with a local thrift store in finding boots, shirts, and other items for costumes. The only thing I might not find there is the weaponry and helmets. There is also a Military Surplus just down the street if someone knew what to look for I am sure they would find a lot of great stuff.

Start checking your local thrift stores and thinking about something you could put together. Also look at the guides here in the boards, they have a lot of good advice for making things from scratch.

Jedi078 (James E. Douglas)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:04 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Nice motovation Rouge 9!

I myself have two costumes (X-wing pilot, Rebel Fleet trooper) that are cannon for movie shots and have yet to go to one convention.

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Even though I TECHNICALLY have only two RL costumes, I can make them into more by a few additions/subtractions.  For example, my Luke ROTJ costume with the cloak is the costume when he first enters Jabba's palace.  Remove the cloak, and it's the skiff battle costume.  Remove the vest, and it's the Death Star II version.  Add a poncho and helmet, and it's the speeder bike chase.  As for my Anakin Ep. II costume, if I remove the cloak and add a poncho and a new shirt, its suddenly the "refugee" costume!  If I ever get too hot, I could always take off the outer tunic and belt, leaving the under tunic and say it's the Naboo "post nightmare" costume!  I know it might seem like I'm stretching it a bit, but you understand what I'm getting at.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Here are some images from the event.

If you want to check out additional footage, check out the following links:

Karen L. (501st event photographer)

http://community.webshots.com/album/155685029pprxFY?329

http://community.webshots.com/album/155703031eWoOXi

Chris James (Endor Base CO) footage

http://endorbase.com/albums/thumbnails.php?album=2

Official Star Wars Battlefront website

http://www.swbattlefront.net/

Official Star Wars website

Snapshots from the Battlefront

Eric makes a simple, but powerful point. A strong set of diverse and quality costumes does get noticed. I have seen this in professional settings, like the recent Battlefronts media event, and more public events, like media conventions such as Comic-con.  

With the hype surrounding the eventual release of the OT DVDs and Ep3, now is the time to buid while Star Wars is fresh in the minds of the public.

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Sorry the pix I linked don't work, they did at first. They are the same ones Mark has posted.

I'm not trying to be preachy to anyone, I'd just like to see people have a opportunity to have some fun and get the recognition for their efforts.

Sometimes we just have to show up at events than give out contact info to get invited to other events.

Anyhow, enjoy the pix.

Rogue 9

JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

I saw the photos on StarWars.com before here but I'd read the message here so I figured those photos were you guys.

Absolutely cool!
Chuey ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:31 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by Rogue9 on 25 June 2004

Sorry the pix I linked don't work, they did at first. They are the same ones Mark has posted.

I'm not trying to be preachy to anyone, I'd just like to see people have a opportunity to have some fun and get the recognition for their efforts.

Sometimes we just have to show up at events than give out contact info to get invited to other events.

Anyhow, enjoy the pix.

Rogue 9

Regrettably, Webshot (where the pictures were originally posted) does not allow image linking. I rehosted the pictures on the CCA gallery.
Tionne Hawk (Bridget Maguire)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Those are great pics! And that appears to be our CO in one of those shots!

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

You are correct.

Chris is one of the commando's, the one in the trench coat.

Mark is one of the scout's and I'm the skinny,  scruffy looking commando.

Rogue 9 

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Cool pics, guys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zrissa (Linda Whitson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

Rogue 9, No it doesn't take very much to get some extra costumes together for people.  In the week or so preceding SWW Fan Club Weekend, Lon Mark, Jauhzmynn & I helped costume 2 people to help represent the RL at this event. 

First was a fellow RL member needing a "movie-canon" costume.  We made her a female Endor commando costume in only a few hours total.  I sewed yellow trim on blue pants provided by her one evening.  Then, the 4 of us put together & dyed the poncho.  My husband (Lon) changed out the Imperial buckle for a Rebel one & loaned one of his prop blasters.  She already had boots & a tee shirt.

Another friend usually appears as Emperor Palpatine for the 501st--which was not acceptable for this event since Disney provides that character.   A 501st trooper asked us to help her put together a Jedi costume so she could march, since that would take the least time.  She & Jauhzmynn altered a Jedi tunic I no longer used. We added pieces from other costumes she already owned, plus robe, boots, belt, & lightsaber prop.  Again this only took a few hours.

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

I just posted these in the Trooper section but thought I'd post them here as well.

I put this together in a week, most of it I made myself.

It still needs a few things tweeked or added, like the correct rifle.

Rogue 9

Rogue9 ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Rebels Defend Endor Reply with quote

In case anyone is interested, I put up some tutorals for the Commando jacket and vest in the trooper section.

Rogue 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: