About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=17870d47ae4cb5caea79362a7fe21ad6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

"Jedi?" - "Better. We're Imperial Knights&quo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:11 am    Post subject: "Jedi?" - "Better. We're Imperial Knights&quo Reply with quote

Although I don't like to start threads like these without anything hard to show, I just want to inform you on my next project: An Imperial Knight! So far, I just have the idea, some contacts and image material I collected. Didn't ordered/sewed/modelled any fabric, suit or armor parts yet.

Therefore, I'm using this starting post for a little teaser: My planned Imperial Knight will be part of the "Star Wars Legacy Group Germany" (http://www.swlgg.de.tl/). I was, among others, convinced by some dedicated ladies over in Germany to do a group project for the Costume Contest for FedCon XX in May 2011 in Düsseldorf, Germany. So far, we have a Darth Krayt (our beloved Andrea from Italy), and the Darths Maladi, Nihl and Talon. Marasiah Fel and my Imperial Knight are in planning right now. Also, I'm tinkering with some ideas. Maybe forming the IK into Roan Fel in his "Monster"-arc Imperial Knight armor.

You can clearly see in issues 43 and 46 that Fel wears a standard Imperial Knight armor - just the Imperial emblem is golden and not silver. Despite Fel's appearance in issue 13 "Ready to Die", you can see him in his non-ceremonial IK armor for the first in the "Monster" storyline. In issue 13, he wears a robe and just one cortosis gauntlet.
And to name it: I'm just thinking of Fel because he's the only one that I'm remotely resemble. Antares Draco, which I instantly lied down, was also proposed to me by future Marasiah. But as Antares I ... would have to deal with some things, esp. with a Sia around. *gg* Okay, just kidding, but I simply not looking like Antares. He always has this grim expression in his face and everyone was really clear to me during Jedi-Con that I simply cannot look grim or evil. ^^

However, I'm thrilled to making this particular costume. And ignoring the end result (if it'll be a generic Knight, Roan Fel or whatever) I'm sure it'll be a lot of work, anger, desperation ... and fun! Cool

PS: The Subject for the thread is a quote from Legacy #22 where Sigel Dare introduces herself to Monia Gahan. So no one gets offended and we can leave this place peacfully and with intact limbs. ^^

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!

Last edited by Daritha (Christian) on Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
DragonStar (Rob)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, it will be a challenge but I'm sure you'll produce an excellent costume!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck im gonna start work on a new jedi soon with ideas ive seen around the net, like i say good luck i'm sure you'll do a grand job

A Jedi whose lightsaber is guided by the Force need not fear the outcome of any battle."
JediKai (Kate B)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self/Estonia_htm/SWgeekhtm/IK_Ganner_Krieg/index.htm

Thomas has made an amazing Imperial Knight costume.
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the supporting words!

@JediKai: No doubt. I'd seen his costume in natura during Jedi-Con 2008. Cool

KJO | Member

Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my gloves in the mail last weekend and bought leather pants from Frank this week (he outfits all the LARPer in our region with leather work, so he's a good approach). As you can see in the lower-right photo, the pants are very form-fitting. ^^' But they're really comfortable and matching to the gloves. I'm going for the plane leather pants since Thomas remarked that Jan Duursema thinks the ripped and the plane pants are okay (the one for "indoor" duty, the other for outdoor ... if I remember right).

I'm looking out to buy the leather for the undersuit next week. I have chosen some right now. In June, I hope to order the armor parts from SithPlanet. I got the boots for a while and am sticking to the brown ones as seen in the Monster-arc storyline. Here a first impression how the costume parts are looking together:

KJO | Member

Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daritha wrote:
Got my gloves in the mail last weekend and bought leather pants from Frank this week (he outfits all the LARPer in our region with leather work, so he's a good approach). As you can see in the lower-right photo, the pants are very form-fitting. ^^' But they're really comfortable and matching to the gloves. I'm going for the plane leather pants since Thomas remarked that Jan Duursema thinks the ripped and the plane pants are okay (the one for "indoor" duty, the other for outdoor ... if I remember right).

I'm looking out to buy the leather for the undersuit next week. I have chosen some right now. In June, I hope to order the armor parts from SithPlanet. I got the boots for a while and am sticking to the brown ones as seen in the Monster-arc storyline. Here a first impression how the costume parts are looking together:

Looking very good so far!

Where'd you get those boots?

Also, how much of the armor are you planning on replicating? Will it be easy to move in the full gear?
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots are from a vendor in Texas. They are Anakin Episode III boots. I just sort out the protection thingy in the front.

To the armor: I'm planning to order them via Randy from SithPlanet.com. I'm not THAT good with armor-making myself. ^^
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I got my leather from my local fabric dealer (btw. fabric is in German "Stoff" which is also a slang word for illegal drugs ... people looking sometimes a bit suspicious when you tell them you're gonna get some Stoff ^^). However, I found some nice (synth) leather as you can see and was sewing the whole Saturday evening. I got the collar finished and attached it to the undersuit.

I have to add sleeves to the suit yet. And also work on the suit itself. For now it's a long dress, like the one from Visas Marr. I have to cut it short and make the eight tabards around. I also need to sew the pattern on the suit itself and cut all loose strings and fabric parts.

This is actually Version 2. I sewed the suit again because the first one was too ... form-fitting. Maybe I keep the first one and add some black lipstick and eyeshadow for the next big Gothic festival in Leipzig. ^^

KJO | Member

Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about 2/3 of the way through my own IK suit as we speak. I just need to get hold of the undersuit, which is going to run me about $75, have the belt made (costing me materials--my brother-in-law is a leatherworker) and get the cogs completed (another friend handling that for me).

I'm planning to use black pleather tabards, Jedi-style, for the front and back, and modify a long sleeveless velvet tunic I have for the sides.

I completely lucked into a suit of armor, which right now consists of breastplate, pauldrons, codpiece and bracers but no back plate. I'm considering options for fitting a back plate to it (mostly cutting one out of a plastic Wal-Mart trash can and painting it red to match, then attaching it to the breastplate with hinges and buckles).

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's way cooler on this weekend than it was during the whole week. Originally, I wanted to sew the undersuit parts together during the week but wearing and working on leather with a Southern-like heat out: No way!
However, the weekend was much cooler and I was able to finish to undersuit.

I already ordere the IK armor kit from SithPlanet.com and will work on it. The kit is good enough but some parts are missing. Knuckle plates and a back plate for the armor are missing. I have to make some from scratch. I also need to sew a proper "cape" for the IK. A friend from the Rebel Legion is working on the belt for me. Since he's very good with Jedi belts I think he can transform the concept of the IK belt just fine. Smile

I like how the right sleeve turned out. It was the first time that I made such undersuit and working with leather on such a scale. There, I think it looks very good at this point. Maybe I make a second undersuit some day when my skills at working with leather are better. Smile

At this point, I think I must cut the tabards again when I have the armor parts together. Also, Thomas suggested during a brief chat on Facebook to add leather on the inner parts as well.

I sewed two layers of fabric together for the Vader-like optic - the little air bubbles - of the suit. Therefore, the arms are a bit stiff due to the two fabric layers but I can move in them just fine.

KJO | Member

SlvrCrest (Andy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its looking amazing. Keep up the good work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also approve of this, it's freaking great!
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daritha wrote:
I already ordere the IK armor kit from SithPlanet.com and will work on it. The kit is good enough but some parts are missing. Knuckle plates and a back plate for the armor are missing. I have to make some from scratch.

Actually, the knuckle plates aren't missing (mine's the same as the SithPlanet one). The bracers are fashioned from the cover of Legacy #6, which shows them as being a single piece that runs up over the knuckle.

Here's a reference shot of the comic:

Essentially, depending on the artist and issue, there are two different ways the vambraces are portrayed--the SithPlanet ones are the one-piece ones.

I only bring it up because it could take a significant amount of (risky, given the cost of the armor) modification to change them into 2-piece ones.

I would be very interested, however, to trade thoughts with you on how to pull off the back plate.

I've also built the saber:

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Grey Elf wrote:

I've also built the saber:

Nice job on the saber man!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: