Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=24b448e55fc3f4cd79d27ba5a88bc64aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

r2 Unit Hangout Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad my R2 and I can be an inspiration for you. Smile And to quote Han: "Good luck...you're gonna need it." Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my R2-D2 had his first official event fully remote controlled!! It was awesome! Smile I found a new way to keep kids from getting too "up close and personal" with my droid: have him back away! LOL! I loved the reactions I'd get from the kids when he moved and they didn't realize he could! My favorite was a kid about 8 years old who started picking at R2's utility arms. I made my R2 back up a couple inches and the kid whipped his hands away and almost ran across to the other side of the room, shouting "I DIDN'T TOUCH R2, I DIDN'T TOUCH IT!" as he went! Obviously, he didn't notice me standing a few feet away watching him! Laughing
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 18 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol....how fun!

Maybe I can add a tazer to mine..

Laughing

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
lol....Maybe I can add a tazer to mine..

Laughing

We often talk about that, but I don't think we could get away with zapping kids! Wink Laughing
r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I have noticed my right footshell is starting to have problems staying up in front... though I am considering just drilling a hole through the top of the foot right where the ankle would cover it, and run a screw right into the ankle to help give it more support. Man S5 is getting old. I know I need to just build him a new set of legs, but thats a lot of work. So I am considering doing this to get by..

Darryl
Active Legion Member

Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S5 has worked incredibly hard over the years you have had him...

He has done so many missions...
you should be proud!

lol..
a re-print from the MWG boards...

Artoo Gochi filed a report to Cheryl who was event co-ordinator for a party for a little boy who was cancer free for 5 years..

Artoo's Report:
Medic Scout Fenlynn...

I had an urgent transmission from S5 yesterday that I could not deliver because the maker had shut down the holonet here at the dwelling...

But S5 wanted to let you know that the Master Builder (aka Darryl) was delayed to his mission to the Cancer Smasher party because his two offspring rebelled and had him arrested at Cyphan..

Undaunted...
S-5 grabbed some credits from Schph Gochi
and went to bail out the Master Builder...

In this hologram you can see the Master Builder on the communicator with you, Scout Fenlynn - telling you that he was indeed in jail...
while the nefarious Bounty Hunters snatched the bail from S5's credits slot...

I am sorry that I am getting you this intel late...
but now that the Maker is home....I can access the Holonet...

I am glad that the Master Builder made it in time with S5 to the delight of the Cancer Smasher himself...
and all of his friends..

Detoo out...

and

Cheryl's response:

Whinter wrote:
[smilie=coverlaughlu2.gif]

S5 - You and your "maker" really came through for this one! You both have hearts of gold, and you made a very special little boy VERY, VERY HAPPY!

I believe the quote from Nick was "S5, I love you! I love you! I love you SO MUCH that I could MARRY YOU"!!! LOL!!

Absolutely true, I swear! I really can't thank you and your maker (Darryl wink2 ) enough for making the trip out. I know you had already had quite a busy and stressful weekend, and yet your last mission of the weekend was your most triumphant one.

Thank you so much for making the trip out. You were the absolute hit of the party and definitely the most anticipated guest there!

Medic Scout Whinter... out. Smile

and...
finally...
the complete story from Darryl:

R2-S5 wrote:
Sorry it took so long to respond, I just wanted to make sure I summed this whole day up properly.

You see Saturday had to be the single most amazing day for S5.

First with previous to this event doing the panel. Which was a lot of fun to do.

Then some time after that while charging our batteries, S5's very own fan club showed up, just before we left. A couple young men that had seen us up in Milwaukee at the Discovery Museum. They were accompanied by their dedicated mom, unfortunately their dad had to work. They made the trip down after their Softball tournament just to see us (unfortunately they lost in the 3rd bracket). Ever since our appearance in Milwaukee they have been emailing me over the months about r2, and misc. r2 related stuff to include toys, and xmas lights that totally rule!!!

This along with a quick charge was the main reason for our delay

Then of course the brown coats caught us on our way out of the facility. Luckily Phyllis was able to loan S5 the cash to get us out. They even allowed me one phone call, or at least to receive one while i was incarcerated with our medic scout. Luckily after the posting of the bail we finished loading up the arc-170 and blew down the road. I think we could have broke Han's Kessel Run by a few parsecs(still not sure why they used the wrong form of measurement, hehehe).

When we arrived my initial plan was to stop a half block away and unload r2 and ease up to the house, this was quickly abandoned as I seen the kids running down the side walk screaming "R2!!" And being we showed up late, we stuck around for a quite awhile after the party and strolled down the side walk with Nick, and assisted Grandma with clearing tables and chairs in the driveway. It would be no stretch of imagination that R2 would have been very easily welcomed as a new member of their home. hehehe, but eventually we had to leave, not before the children getting a close up look at the ARC-170. once we turned on the Nav computer to head home, the eyes of a few children turned a bit teary. I don't believe we have or ever will get a reception quite like this one! may nick have many many more celebrations!

Darryl, closing coms out...

these stories are priceless!!

Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats awesome! Great Job everyone

CO: OUTLAW SQUADRON - OUTLAW 13
CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well this weekend I went to work on setting up my second set of mounts in preparation of CV. and found familiar nut laying in the bottom of my trailer. apparently S5's motor mount has vibrated loose again. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. any suggestion out side of marring the threads of the screw I dont have enough clearance to add a lock washer or a nylon nut as the nut is a special low profile nut to clear the motor inside the motor mount.

Just thought I would throw this out there for anyones idea.

Darryl
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all that comes to my mind is Loctite:

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT?PMPXNO=2475587&PMT4NO=89382553

Crix (Thomas Turner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

think you can take a pic of it?
it would help to see it

CO: OUTLAW SQUADRON - OUTLAW 13
CO of The 'Verse (firefly/Serenity costume club)
SL/TK/IC 4913 of the 501st
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest Loctite as well. I've never used it myself, but I've heard good things about it...as long as you don't ever want to remove the nut..?
r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I was talking to Paul Hayden. October 23rd at the Discovery Museum in Milwaukee, Paul works there. The r2 builders are invited to display their droids/parts as well as the 501st and RL.
The r2's have a room just like CV. So far Paul hayden, Craig Smith, Troy Noel, phyllis, and myself are going to be there. I am working on Rick thames and keith henry, and have to email tom j. But It would be awesome if any others would come out,

It would be awesome Rae if you could come over. I know it is a bit of a drive especially after CV. But it would be awesome if you and your family made it up here.

They offer free parking, admission for you and family. Definitely a great time.

Darryl
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish we could drive across the lake, because that's pretty much straight west from us. Driving down and around the lake would be a loooong drive. Neutral
r2-s5 (Darryl Sorensen)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, maybe we can outfit your car with water skis. I knew it was a long shot, I just had to ask. hehehe

Darryl
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there's a ferry that takes cars across the lake, but it's EXPENSIVE. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: