Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0238dc86a25b27c7e4a72784d79bab66Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Lightsabers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
obiwan ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Lightsabers Reply with quote

So i have heard that Saber Forge isn't the best place to get a lightsaber. So i was wondering if anyone knew where i can get a good quuality and cool lightsaber.
Sidd ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Build it yourself

or go over to www.fx-sabers.com and find a saber smith to build it for you

or PM me and I can build it for you
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard Ultra Sabers is doing free shipping this month.
Or you can get a Hasbro FX saber, but I'm assuming you're wanting a custom job of some sort.
Jeff Parks also makes some cool sabers if you don't mind spending the money: http://www.parksabers.com/
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm {carefully} assuming that you'd like a removeable blade in order to be able to wear the saber hilt.

If that's the case, www.fx-sabers.com forum is where you should go first to do some research. Register as a member and start asking questions {I'm PokerJedi on the forum...}.

I don't want to give you a case of sticker shock, but factoring in a custom-designed hilt + the LED & soundboard/LED driver of choice + assembly/installation charge will amount to an average of $600.

That might sound like a bit much, but trust me, the money & wait for it will be worth it... I highly recommend any one of the following sabersmiths (check out their websites & see their galleries):
Jango Fett (a moderator)
Do-Clo - www.doclocustomsabers.com
Vader's vault - www.vadersvault.com
Gemini Concepts - www.geminiconcepts.net
LDM - www.ldmcustomsabers.com

For a smaller budget, I also suggest UltraSabers. If you have enough gumption/moxy to built one yourself, I suggest paying the Custom Saber Shop a visit {www.thecustomsabershop.com}. Their vast selection of Modular Hilt System {MHS} parts can make an affordable custom saber a reality.

Happy Hunting

Tim the "Jedi of Poker"
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, someone who's heeding what they've read before they get taken in by SaberForge's promises and taken by his shoddy work.

And
asking about reputable saber smiths out there.

Jay-Gon, who's also a member here, has also been known to build sabers for people. Check out some of his work in the Show off Your Lightsaber thread.
Wink

Last edited by Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio) on Tue May 04, 2010 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Amanita ()

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second ultrasabers, I've got several of his pieces and they are wonderful.
I've seen people do some really nice customization jobs using the e-series hilts.
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
Jay-Gon, who's also a member here, has also been known to build sabers for people. Check out some of his work in the Show off Your Lightsaber thread. Wink
Oh, snap... You're right, Lori!! How in the Helen of Troy did I forget about Jay-Gon (goes by Qui-Gon Jinn on the FX-Sabers forum)?!?!

His chrome (& especially brass) sabers are to be seriously considered. His price list features affordable base prices w/ equally affordable optional add-on enhancements.

Lori- I see your thread, and raise you a website:
http://www.saberknights.com/jgj/welcome_to_jgjsabers.htm

Tim the "Jedi of Poker"

Last edited by Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski) on Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I call by correcting that it's Jay-gon Jinn, here. Wink

I think he's Qui-gon Jinn on the FX-sabers forum.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
And I call...
Razz Razz Razz deadhorse

ROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTFROTF

Tim the "Jedi of Poker"

Last edited by Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski) on Wed May 05, 2010 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd second Do-Clo's work too
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Loreen wrote:
And I call by correcting that it's Jay-gon Jinn, here. Wink

I think he's Qui-gon Jinn on the FX-sabers forum.

He is. His website seems to be down, though Sad.

Still, just pop over to the fx-sabers forum and look up any of his build logs on the Mining Colony. Jay Gon just did a saber for me and his work is absolutely top-notch, and affordable. I'm not sure if he's taking new orders right now, though--you'd have to query with him.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jil-Qun Tahm (Tom Twohy)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, my SaberForge saber works great... but it seems i am of a singular opinion in that regard. Rolling Eyes

The best pre-built sabers are Hasbro/MR or Parksabers. You generally get what you paid for without much cost (for the quality).

You can go the DIY path and built it from parts, but in the end, you have to have the interest (and skills) to finish the darn thing.

You can go with a "freelance" builder, and it might turn out great... but the cost can be high... and some saber builders can get overwhelmed (just like Saber Forge) and other unforeseen problems can occur.

Stick with the makers that have an ready inventory, some stock on hand, and chances are you will find happiness. Smile
obiwan ()

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for replies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: