Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e4dd3174bcbba04e17c21393869e011fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Breha Organa Fabric

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosaN (Maura Burns)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Breha Organa Fabric Reply with quote

I've been wanting to make Breha Organa's beautiful costume from ROTS for a long time now. I'm not worried about being able to pattern/sew the dress, but I have been searching for appropriate fabrics for what seems like years! Does anyone who has done this gown have any leads on the blue/bronze brocade for the overdress, or the metallic blue for the sleeves/main dress? I can dye fabrics as necessary, and probably will do for the veil.

Eternally grateful for any leads or pointers!

"Never tell me the odds."
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if anyone has made this one yet, but the bronze/blue almost makes me think of a home decor fabric. I don't think you're going to find an exact match, but you could probably find something similar.

As a side note, I find it interesting that this gown has the same stylized symbol as Padmé has on the cut scene senate gown from AOTC.

JosaN (Maura Burns)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see any on the roster, or I would have bugged them. Smile I've seen some similar brocades, but none that would match standards... not quite the right design, or brown instead of bronze, or not metallic... but I think finding a very close match is unlikely at this point. I've still got all the upholstery jobbers bookmarked, and my eye always peeled, but I'm starting to think I just may not be able to find anything up to standard. Sad, but I'll stay on the hunt anyway.

"Never tell me the odds."
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try ebay off & on. Sometimes that's the perfect place to find odd-ball but perfect fabric.

ScubaJedi (Regina Tironi)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually been wanting to make this one as well.

I work in LA so I have access to the stores the studios use and I found the fabric for the main part of the dress and International Silks and Linens last year and I found a combo of fabrics to give the same look to the sleeves from the fabrics district last year as well. I have a pattern I think I can use or at least cobble together but I got distracted by other costumes that are more utilitarian and not as difficult to construct.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to do it, but others have gotten in the front of the line. (& the fact that I don't have a surger to be able to do the sleeves properly to make them look right.

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Leia (Vera Campbell)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mieal Deneb wrote:
As a side note, I find it interesting that this gown has the same stylized symbol as Padmé has on the cut scene senate gown from AOTC.

Hehe, I noticed that same thing a couple weeks ago and made a picture. I guess they figured since it was cut, they could pass off a Naboo symbol for an Alderaanian one Wink

I just made a stencil for it since I'm making the Padme cut gown, lemme scan it and post it...

As for the fabric, usually with difficult-to-find specific fabrics like that I give myself a loooot of time to find it and scour the internet regularly. Now is an excellent time to look because of the dark colors, fall fabrics are coming out and you're more likely to find these colors. I'd suggest looking at curtain panels too, they like to use brocade fabrics.

Here's one of my fave sites for silks specifically, they have a tooon of stuff, it's a good one to keep an eye on. http://www.puresilks.biz/store/

This one's similar: http://www.puresilks.biz/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=969

-edit- Here's the motif, it'll print bigger than you need
http://www.rebelshaven.com/images/costumes/cutsenate/pcssmoif.jpg

rebelshaven.blogspot.com
verdaera.deviantart.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ladyghost4459 (Denise Cowles)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fabric Vera. I think it is a lovely and close to matching.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, that fabric is a pretty close match. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Old Republic Senators and Royalty All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: