About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a51ffed3146c836eb6702bde1de6472dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Sign-up: Series III trading cards - "Endor Base"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WonderCon & Endor Base trading cards
Keep our WonderCon 2009 photo for series III as planned
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
I'd buy a share of both cards
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
Add the 2010 W*Con photo to series V as "endor base" card
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Just replace the 2009 photo with the 2010 photo for series III
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
I'd buy a share only of the series V 2010 base card
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Users Voted : 9
Total Votes : 23
This poll has expired.
Detailed Results

Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Sign-up: Series III trading cards - "Endor Base" Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone for voting your opinion about the trading cards. Good news, we will be having 2 group trading cards in series III since there were quite a few drop-outs!

We will still be having our originally planned "WonderCon 2009" trading card featuring all the RL members who were at the 2009 photo shoot.

We will also be having an "Endor Base" 2010 group card specifically to promote Endor Base... using the group photo from WonderCon this year.

This way we'll have all of our cards in time for CV Smile

------------------------------------

SHARES SIGN-UPS FOR ENDOR BASE 2010 TRADING CARD

We can sell up to 20 'shares' of this card to Endor Base members. If we sell all 20 shares, the cost is $5.00 for 100 cards. If we only sold, 14 shares (which is fine) then the price would be $7.15 for 142 cards, and so on. This price does not include paypal fess or fees to ship the cards to any of you (I'd calculate shipping and charge for that when the cards came in).

If you'd like to purchase a share to donate back to the base for convention hand outs please indicate this. Thanks.

Kay Dee - 2 shares (1 back to the base for hand-outs)
JedHead (Matt Tolosa) 2 shares (1 back to base)
CooR (Joshua) 2 shares (1 back to base)
Master Mina (Robin) - 1 share
DerekM1767 () - 1 share
Ed D. - 1 share
Hollis DZC (Rex) - 1 share
Tina - 1 share
--------------------------

Total Shares: 11

Earlier in the year we had interest in a "WonderCon 2009" trading card for the upcoming series III trading cards. The photo selected features RL members from endor and visiting bases:

WonderCon 2009 - series III trading card

I kind of hate to take this photo/card off of the series III group list by replacing it with the new photo from 2010 because there are some people in the 2009 photo who couldn't make it to the 2010 photo shoot.

So, in order to get the best of both worlds I figured we could sign up for a new "Endor Base" trading card in series 5. (this series is not taking payments yet, and has no deadline dates yet. I'm guessing it may not even be produced until 2011)

2010 Endor Base Photo - Create an "Endor Base" card in series V - NOW BUMPED UP TO SERIES III

Cast your votes above and let me know what you all would like to do Smile (you can select multiple options in the poll)

FYI, there is a slight chance if one of the group cards in Series 4 backs out we can have their spot and our card would be made much sooner (I think they are planning to do series 4 just after series 3 this year, or at the same time if they have enough artists). So that could mean we could have a one photo in series III (WonderCon 2009 card) and the other photo could wind up in Series IV (Endor Base 2010 - wondercon) which is going to be made either at the same time as Series III or just after Series III at the end of the year.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 am; edited 19 times in total
dbuck (david buckley)
Endor Base XO
Endor Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking to leave well enough alone and add the new photo to series five.

Personally I like the new photo better, but to replace it over the '09 one is rather unfair, and I like seeing the year to year differences.

Einstein

JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted.

Kathy, I'm assuming this poll will be over by May 1st, since that's the deadline for Series 3 pictures and text?

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
Voted.

Kathy, I'm assuming this poll will be over by May 1st, since that's the deadline for Series 3 pictures and text?

Haven't had time to decide on the poll end date, the forum crashed again last night before I had a chance to refine anything like that.

It would probably end well before May 1st so I have time to create the appropriate text to reflect the card.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, there is a slight chance if one of the group cards in Series 4 backs out we can have their spot and our card would be made much sooner (I think they are planning to do series 4 just after series 3 this year, or at the same time if they have enough artists). So that could mean we could have a one photo in series III (WonderCon 2008 card) and the other photo could wind up in Series IV (Endor Base 2010 - wondercon) which is going to be made either at the same time as Series III or just after Series III at the end of the year.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for leaving the 2009 card in Series III and add the 2010 card to series 4 or 5 which ever you can get it in to. I would buy a share for both. Smile

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - good news! There were so many drop-outs on the trading card runs that we can have our Endor Base card (2010 photo shoot) plus our WonderCon 2009 card both in the series 3 run! So since we have at least 8 people willing to get both cards we can make this a go.

I'll send in our payment place holder now and work on collecting payment from everyone soon.

We have to come up with the text for each card and submit it to the trading card team by the end of this month, so I'll start working on drafts and post them for discussion. We have so many members now, I think we have to skip putting our member names on the back. It would take up the entire card.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put me down for two shares (one back to the base).

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CooR ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto

Plz put me down for two shares of both cards with one set of both back to the base. (We have two card, Base and Wondercon, in S3 correct)

Just shot me a pm with how much I owe and when you need the credits. Cool
Corsair 13 'CooR' / Honorary Dragon Snake 7
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CooR wrote:

Plz put me down for two shares of both cards with one set of both back to the base. (We have two card, Base and Wondercon, in S3 correct)

Yes, our Group Endor Card got bumped all the way from series 5 to series 3 so we will have two cards in series 3. (WonderCon, and Endor Base).

I'll keep the sign ups open a little longer for both cards, make a final ''last chance" post and then collect payment. I have 3 group cards I paid for in advance so I don't want to wait until CV to get the payments back. Would rather take care of it within a month.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
OK - good news! There were so many drop-outs on the trading card runs that we can have our Endor Base card (2010 photo shoot) plus our WonderCon 2009 card both in the series 3 run! So since we have at least 8 people willing to get both cards we can make this a go.

I'll send in our payment place holder now and work on collecting payment from everyone soon.

We have to come up with the text for each card and submit it to the trading card team by the end of this month, so I'll start working on drafts and post them for discussion. We have so many members now, I think we have to skip putting our member names on the back. It would take up the entire card.

I think you already have me down for one (1) share of the 2009 trading card. Please also add me down for (1) share for the 2010 trading card.
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I really lost track of time. We need to get our Card text in by May 1st with our photo!

Here's what I've come up with. We have too many members now to list them all on the card this year, so I tried to include more helpful promotional information about our Base.

Any edits or anything you think I've left out, I welcome the editing help and opinions!

Endor Base

Endor Base, named for the California Redwoods filming location in Return of the Jedi, represents Northern and Central California, Hawaii, Idaho, and Alaska. As of 2010, the base is 115 members strong with members representing hero characters and creatures from the Star Wars saga including Jedi, Rebel Troopers, Pilots, Tusken Raiders, Clone Troopers and Royalty. During their spare time, Endor Base members give back to the community by making appearances at schools, children’s hospitals, and a variety of events. They also raise donations and awareness for charities such as The Boys and Girls Clubs, Foster a Dream, The American Cancer Society, Coats for Kids, and more.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Taeriel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, the text sounds good to me!
Taeriel's costume page
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, ionicdesigns has been really great about working on our trading cards for us. I think we have the design and text finalized (after just a few little revisions) and I wanted you to all look it over before he submits it officially to Justin who is heading up the trading card run.

You'll notice that Tom's lightsaber is off. Tom's needs to stay off, because the blade was going to cover his face.

Matt's is lightsaber currently off because it came very close to Scott's head, and Michael suggested that as far as a card design element, design/art wise it's better to have it off. So I just want to make sure you are all cool with this and don't feel like 'but wait, Matt's saber should be on!'

The proof above is how his saber would look if it were on. So I just need to let ionicdesigns know if he should change it to be on. I personally lean toward off, but it's our base card and I don't want to make a demand out of it if you all feel differently.

I think this card looks good, just let me know if your saber colors are correct of if there is a text typo I missed and we'll have this forwarded to the next step in the proof review process Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
DerekM1767 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proof 2 looks way better than Proof 1. I don't like the embossed background. It doesn't look at clean. Also, I noticed some cards have the embossed looks and other don't. Should pick one way or the other for all the cards.

Rebel Legion, Endor Base (Rebel Legion Branding & Marketing Team)
501st Legion, Southern California Garrison
The Twin Suns: www.thetwinsuns.com (Supreme Chancellor)

"When 900 years old you reach, look is good you will not, hummm!" -Master Yoda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: