About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c10360ec241e4f874e99a5e68eb599f6Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Boy Scouts Star Camp Appearance - 5/22 CANCELLED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (2)

(1)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Sith's HeraldThu Apr 08, 2010 9:46 pm
MasterbeanFri Apr 09, 2010 2:27 pm
leiasolosingerMon Apr 12, 2010 4:16 pm
Sith's Herald (Steve Fuchs)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Boy Scouts Star Camp Appearance - 5/22 CANCELLED
Event starting Sat May 22, 2010 6:00 pm for 4 hours

A request came in from the Northern Star Council Boy Scouts of America. They are holding an event called Star Camp, to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Scouting in the USA, at Camp Stearns the weekend of May 22. Since I have experience with the BSA, I told Teresa I'd take point on this.

Northern Star Council covers the Eastern WI to the Western MN border and from roughly Owatonna up to Monticello. They are anticipating 10,000 to 15,000 Scouts in attendance and have a weekend planned packed full of exhibitions, games, and activities from a variety of organizations throughout the area.

After one of the appearances for Xcel, they approached the Star Wars groups requesting an appearance at the event. We're not sure yet whether the Xcel Energy Center will have a presence there, but our appearance could also easily be linked to any number of Merit Badges (Collections, Rocketry, Astronomy, etc.) that will be represented in the Merit Badge midway.

They have offered a place to change, secure place to store our stuff, lunch, water, and a golf cart with which to travel camp. There will very likely be no charitable donations made on our behalf, but I have inquired about the opportunity to set up a table to promote the 501st, Rebel Legion, and Minnesota Force. You can bet that there are a lot of Scouts with an interest in Star Wars, and many who youd soon be old enough to join the costuming clubs.

We will likely be spending the day outdoors (noon to 4:pm), but Camp Stearns is a very nice facility with adequate shelter areas in case of bad weather. The camp is located a few miles north of Southhaven (hwy 55) and a few miles south of Clearwater (I-94). It's about 30 from Buffalo or Maple Grove - depending on which way you go.

We have not made any committments yet, but I told the staff I've communicated with that we will guage interest. I think 4-6 characters would make a good showing. More would be great!

Co-Leader, Minnesota Force
www.minnesotaforce.org
Sith's Herald (Steve Fuchs)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - we can meet at my place to car pool.

Co-Leader, Minnesota Force
www.minnesotaforce.org
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: