About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=31d22fca5a9e23dda01571db5b8d7171Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Gretna Public Library Event - Saturday April 17th, 2010 (NE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
wampameatTue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm
wampameat (Robert R. Carmichael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Gretna Public Library Event - Saturday April 17th, 2010 (NE)
Event: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:00 pm

TB750 wrote:
We have been invited by the Gretna Public Library to attend a special event for the families of library members. This event request came directly from them, which I'm very excited about. Last year we tried to get an event with the Omaha Public Library, and that didn't go anywhere. My hope is that this event will give us the recommendation we need to get into more of these types of events.

Who: This event is open to all 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and Droid Builders Members! There are going to be children present. I have informed out contact that our armor is expensive and we have a pretty strict hands off policy, but having some "soft armor" or unarmored handlers would be great.

What: This is a special event for the families of library patrons. They have requested our presence for photos, to answer questions about Star Wars and our organization(s), and to interact with the families and have fun like we always do. I have also suggested having a trooper or open face character read to the kids, but haven't heard back on that yet.

When: Saturday, April 17th, 2010
Arrival: 2:00PM - 3:00PM
Start: 3:00PM
End: Whenever we feel like it, really

Where: Gretna Public Library
736 South Street
Gretna, NE 68028-7864
(402) 332-4480
www.gretnapubliclibrary.org‎
http://www.gretnapubliclibrary.org/location.html

Why: As stated in the intro, I'm hoping this will be an "in" to other library events. Supporting reading and education is always a great cause and tying Star Wars into that is even better.

What would be great, and I don't know if there's time, but to find a kids book that we have the characters for and have each character read their parts to the kids.

Another Inter-Legion event. Please see thread here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: