Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=35fca52db520e8422f7f8f9dfa6e1105Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jedi saber and general stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darman (Bobby Stout)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Jedi saber and general stuff Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Made the leap from the other side. My wife, Michele and I are TK's for the 501st For almost a year, now. We are starting to put together a E3 Cody, (Pre Order 66), for me and a Jedi General for her. Her's will be a traditional Jedi and then have some clone pieces added as a second version of the costume, that way she can be approved for RL membership with the traditional Jedi if not the General.

If you have read the Republic Commando's novels, I am going with an "Etain" feel to to the Jedi General. E2 Anikin type cape, but not that dark. I am using Clone Shoulder bells, biceps, elbows, forearms, hand plates, and possibly shins. I am considering adding a holstered belt with a sidearm as well. Maybe. Etain used guns as well as a saber. (I welcome any constructive commits on these points.)

I want to ask: If I want a saber with a removable blade w/lights and sound. Were would be a good place to look? I found this one she really
likes,

over at doclocustomsabers.com.

Or this one, can't get the pic to show.

http://www.parksabers.com/echelon.html

Anyone deal with them before? It would be $300. Are there more cost effective makers that can help me and still get the removable blade w/lights and sound. I know the hilt will not be the same, but I want something similar if possible. Something feminine and sleek.

Thanks for the help and Hope to meet more of you soon.

Let me send a shout to Silverback, (Richard), and Obseneclonefall, (Chris), (Not sure what the go by over here). How's it going guys!

Bobby Stout

TK 9357
Squad 7, Florida Garrision
Silverback (Richard Berry)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, it's a Darman and a Darman's Wife!

Welcome! I see you're feeling a little rebellious. I am sorry to say that I have little to no dealings with saber makers but there are plenty of threads here that can help you out and even more people who have had dealings with all the saber makers.

As far as other S7 peeps that are around here, you also have BamaRed (Mrs. Obseneclonefall). You also have met Phrog (Beth) at many S7 events. There are plenty of other folks to meet and get to know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understood you correctly. Your wife will submit a regular non-armored Old Republic Jedi as her first costume (which has to be formal), and then submit one with armor as informal? Am I understanding this correctly?

If so then thats the way to do it.
Darman (Bobby Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sir.

I was told that would be the best was to do it. That way I have a little more creative freedom on the General.
Bryanakin (Bryan Nguyen)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurabesh wrote:
I think I understood you correctly. Your wife will submit a regular non-armored Old Republic Jedi as her first costume (which has to be formal), and then submit one with armor as informal? Am I understanding this correctly?

If so then thats the way to do it.

Keep in mind that the RL does not accept a second "repeat costume." Meaning LCJs disfavor applications that have the same tunics from a prior application but added some other details such as armor.

Also note that RL does not allow red bladed/lit lightsabers.

Anakin Skywalker EP 2, CW, and EP3
www.myspace.com/bryanakin
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darman (Bobby Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, No worries. The picture is for the hilt reference only. It will be a Blue blade.
Jedi Loreen (Lori Procopio)
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people here use Parks sabers, so no problem there. But they don't come with sound.

Do-Clo is also a reputable saber smith.

If you know how to do Electronics wiring, you can build her a custom saber with parts from here: The Custom Saber Shop. They have UltraSound boards to run the LED and provide sound.

There is also a forum attached, where you can learn how to build sabers and do the electronics.

You could also look on ebay for sales by Do-Clo, Outer Rim Armory, Genesis Custom Lightsabers, Ace Rocket of Orbital Machining, just to name a few.

If you ebay, and see a saber that you like, post it here and I can probably tell you if the seller is reputable. I know most of the custom saber smiths out there.

Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Vaders Vault before and they are just fabulous!!!!

They sell on ebay but can do custom work for you. Their customer service is most excellent and they are very responsive.

I bought one of their sabers off ebay and I'm having another custom one made.

PM me if you want contact info.
Gina
Jedi

-"Where are we and WHY am I in this Handbasket????"
Atragian Kace (Craig Barrett)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually own the Echelon model made by Park Saber and I like it. The sabers are very nice and I like having a removable blade. They do not have sound though unless you plan on moding it to have sound.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parks are difficult to mod for sound.
if you're looking for sound + removable blade then you might want to start at www.Ultrasabers.com
-==============-
for info about sabers in general go here http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php
Darman (Bobby Stout)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atragian Kace wrote:
I actually own the Echelon model made by Park Saber and I like it. The sabers are very nice and I like having a removable blade. They do not have sound though unless you plan on modding it to have sound.

How easy do you think it would be to take it apart? I want to paint or Iodize the Outer cylinder/sleeve, black. (The outer most layer of metal, if that makes sense?)

Thanks to everyone for the advise and help.
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have quite a few sabers from Parks including a few custome ones he's done for me.

He does great work. He's also dependable. However yes he does not do sounds and he usues el for his older sabers which is nice but not as bright as mr's. Now the hilts are what i go to parks for, they look right scale andweight.

I have a saber that was converted by DoClo and it loks better now then when I bought it. I know he does custom sabers as well he does sounds and lights as well as blades made for combat.

I am having a saber made by Genesis Custom Lightsabers and he does fabulous work. He uses crystal focus core cards so not only are these sabers bright but them hum as if they were shimmering and play music and audio files as wlel as have clash and lock up switches
Othicx ()

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As both Cobalt and Ky-Wan said Genesis custom lightsabers is amazing, and the fx-sabers site is a really good place to find info on custom lightsabers, how to DIY and most of the reputable saber smiths post on that site. I highly recommend it.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a moderator at FX-sabers. we aim to please Wink
Anakinos (Thad Laskowski)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My customs are from Do clo as well. There is also hyperdyne sabers to. I think we have gotten most of the sabersmiths out of the way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: