About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4c42bb924b8ee0d706086de1859f52cfMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ANH Han Solo WIP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdrake ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: ANH Han Solo WIP Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I am on the home stretch of finishing my ANH Han. Here is what I have so far...

Shirt and Vest
--------------------
I was able to find someone local in Athens to sew the shirt and vest for me at a great price. Both the shirt and vest are accurate and fit well! The vest has all of the pockets except for the glove pocket on top of the quarter moon pocket (which will be added soon). I can pm his contact information for anyone that is looking for a shirt or vest, he does a really good job at a great price.

Black Belt
--------------------
I found a great belt on ebay for about 5 dollars shipped. It has the 3 grommet holes and I just ripped the center prong out. It looks and fits great.

Boots
--------------------
Another steal on ebay! I found awesome looking, black equestrian riding boots that fit perfectly. They just need a little polish and they will be good to go. I was so happy when I received them and they fit.

Blaster
--------------------
I ordered a toy DL-44 blaster off of ebay and painted it black and weathered it with the help of my friend Jason (Tatooineboy).

Pants
---------------------
I ordered a pair of military trousers (han solo pants) from Magnoli Clothiers (http://magnoliclothiers.com/) a little over a month ago. They are tailor made to fit custom specifications with embroidered blood stripes, riding seam, everything.

Magnoli Clothiers say they are based out of New Zealand on their website, but when my shipment arrived yesterday it was from Thailand! The bad news didn't stop there either. I ordered the pants in Dark / Navy Blue but they came in Black! I was immediately disappointed when I saw the color of the pants but when I tried them on I was even more surprised that they were too small as well!

I am currently trying to resolve the color and size issue with Magnoli but so far nothing. I will keep everyone posted.

In Progress

Belt and Holster
--------------------
A friend in Ohio is making my belt. I haven't received it yet but he let me borrow his belt while mine is being finished. You can see me wearing it in the picture below.

Accent and Attitude
--------------------
I still sound like a good ole southern boy and am naturally shy so I am working on a more general american accent and a cocky attitude. haha

Me, Chewie and my bf at the Star Wars Concert earlier this month. The pants, and belt are my friend alex's. I hope to have better photos up soon!
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you've finally made a WIP post, Carey Smile

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good WIP so far. If I can be of any help please let me know. If you could post some pics I'd like to help get you on the right track.

Phoenix 17
cdrake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirt
---------------

My Belt
---------------

Vest
--------------

My Boots
---------------

I have a question about the pocket that goes on top of the quarter moon pocket. Does the pocket open up top or on the left?

www.careydrake.com
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. The pocket in question, only on the quarter moon side like you have it is correct.

Your shirt. vest, and belt look great. Question on your boots, how far do the boots come up on your leg?

Steve

Phoenix 17
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, in the picture he posted in his boots it looks like they're almost to the knee, so plenty high
Looking great so far!
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanting to be sure. I agree they do look tall enough, but we all know how pics and look on line.

Phoenix 17
cdrake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots come up to my knees. Almost perfect.

Here are some photos of the boots and pants. I had them taken out at the mall since they arrived a little tight around the waist but now they fit great! (pardon the junky room)
---------------------------

I got my vest back today with the added pocket too!
-----------------------------------------------------

Here are a couple photos of my blaster. I bought some brown spray paint today from hobby lobby and am going to paint the handle later this week! (first time weathering anything btw, i know i smugged a few places that will need fixing haha)
---------------------------------------------

www.careydrake.com
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all looking really good!
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good. I would recommend to not have the pants bunching at the knees too much.

Boots are right where they should be.

Phoenix 17

Last edited by SteveSolo (Steve Elliot) on Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Solo (José Hermosa)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you are so thin...
I envy you!!! Laughing
Good work!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveSolo wrote:
Looking good. I would recommend to not have the pants bunching at the knees too much.

I know I had a similar problem with my pants for an ESB Han build I was doing.

What I did to solve it was to sew a strip of elastic, about half an inch or so thick, across the bottom of each leg. Then when you put them on you just slide the elastic under the arch in your foot, kinda like stirrups.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a woman in my area that does horse riding told me a cheaters way to do it:
Roll the pant legs into your socks. They'll work just like stirrups.
For me, I purchased some clip on stirrups at a local horse riding supply store.
Looks great though!
SteveSolo (Steve Elliot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian where did you find them?

Phoenix 17
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it has a very strange name, but they also have an online store (slightly more expensive to buy them online then in the store)
http://www.ssaddle.com/ is the site of the place I went to. I can't seem to find them on the online store, but a quick google search and I found these:
http://www.smartpakequine.com/ProductClass.aspx?productclassid=6750&cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shopping%20Feed-_-NA-_-16750

pretty much exactly what I have and about what I paid (granted I went to my store to get them so I didn't have to pay shipping)
I would check in your area to see if you have any horse riding stores, they should have them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: