About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ef90b9ee162ff79c96dcb67eea5586dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars in Concert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Apart from Liann are there any other Rebel Legion members who wish to participate?. I need to let them know how many to expect from our side. So if anyone is thinking on going to help out at the show and not simply pay and see it in costume I need to know ASAP

Thank you

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Outrider Base CO
Outrider Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the list of attendees for the Calgary shows as they currently stand. If I can get specific interest from Calgary RL members, I should be able to coordinate the two groups, and we can figure something out.

Matinee
Stripes
Yango
TK1209
TK6716
Darth Haggis
bgerbran (maybe)
TK5159 (maybe)
TK197
Sidewalker (maybe)
TD2702
TK627
TD5900
stank11

Evening
Spudtrooper
Yango
TK1209
TK6717
Darth Haggis
bgerbran
TK5159
TK4130
Sidewalker (maybe)
TD2702
TK627
TD5900
Hett'ciri Clan Alor'ad
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I have a costume thats accurate enough for a face character.
I assume they're not looking for generic jedi's Confused

I don't think a han solo would be accepted by LFL with those big oversized bloodstripes (?) but you never know

(aside: maybe bob has a point .. if our han standards won't pass a "LFL" inspection .. maybe we need better han standards. heh)

I could always try and Email my han solo pics and see what they say.

I also have generic anakin- and obiwan-based generic jedis,
but they are missing key details (like accurate boots).

whether LFL would pass them or not, remains to be seen. again,
all I can do is submit pics and see what they say.

if you PM me with the contact info I'll give it a try.

ps: Jason, which show are you attending? and, are you just planning on showing up in costume regardless of what the RL does? which costume are you planning on wearing?etc? (this sounds like it might be a better way to spend the evening -- that way you don't have to change into street clothes after intermission and whatnot)
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawn Nice work.

It's good to see so many people attending the event. Wheather they'll be in approved costumes or not. Kids and families from the images I've seen usually dress up anyway. I don't think people really see what a huge event this is. It's a big deal so I understand the organizers cautions here.

Keep in mind guys that if your 501, RL, Fan Force and are attending in costume to help with the event then you'll have to submit the info they require. The clubs' standards may not be the organizers. They may be higher or lower depending on what your looking at. If your just showing up in costume then wear what you want. If your a paying patron doesn't matter what you wear but you probably won't have a chnage room. That would be reserved for the people helping with the event. Shawn do you have the info you need to supply the Calgary members of all groups there what the organizers need if they are helping at the event?.

Ryan, I'll be attending the 2:30pm show. I had thought about helping out with the evening but it looks like on the Edmonton side were only looking at Liann 'officially' helping the organizers. If we had more for that show I might. This can still be a RL event even if people from Edmonton or Calgary are paying and attending in costume. If you've purchased a ticket, as I mentioned wear whatever costume you like. Kids and people are still gonna want pics and such with us.

I'm more to go along with paying and attending in costume or not is a good way to 'see' the show and props they are bringing. When your helping out you have to change before the show starts, then change at intermission, then change again for the second half. So your going to miss part of the show and probably time to see the props. Not that helping should be looked down uopn but I'd pay for one show to attend as a patron, costumed or not and 'help' with the other. But again just because your not 'officially' helping out doesn't mean you'll be turned away for wearing a costume.

I plan on wearing a Jedi outfit. If I was helping in the evening then I'd wear Han ANH.

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job troops

Our 2:30 showing here had
Koda Garrick
Shaak Ti
PrincessLiann
Jenisteen
Raven and myself

If any other Rebels were there in costume or at the later show please post. I really enjoyed the show personally. Was great to see kids and families dressed up

'JASON' Detachment

Last edited by Ky-Wan Zann () on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
PrincessLiann

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

officially though only Erin and i helped out with the event Smile

it was a great event and fantastic show, its great to see kids get so excited to see the costumed characters
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you guys missed out on some special stuff!!
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean by officially that two people from our group were there as part of the Star Wars in Concert presentation then yes correct. If you mean that in order for it to be an official Rebel Legion event that you had to be part of the show then not correct. Also it was great to see Erin there helping but as mnetioned above troops please post if you can make it to these types of things.

Wheather it was 'officially' helping or not I'm sure all our members spent just as much time posing with people as anyone else helping with the show Smile. If it made people enjoy the show wheather you paid for a ticket or saw it for free for helping that's what counts.

Good to see everyone who made it out Smile

'JASON' Detachment

Last edited by Ky-Wan Zann () on Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Raven ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official or not, still a great event and a lot of happy kids

PrincessLiann

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh i didn't realize social get togethers counted as official rebel legion events i thought this group was about doing costumed volunteer activities and charity events, my mistake Smile

as you said in the other thread it would be great if people who are "attending" log in and post that they are Smile
Raven ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still volunteered time between acts for pictures with kids and to answer questions about the group, difference is we paid for our tickets.

Besides, I always thought that you had to wear Rebel Legion approved costumes to do an official Rebel Legion event. I didn't see the Leia Ceremony gown in your profile....

Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Troops. I really don't want to lock the thread or start pasting RL Charter sections on what's this or that.

I'm just quite happy to see us as a base at an event enjoying ourselves and making it an expereince for others who are attending. I beleive that wheather in Calgary or here people were happy to see us.

Lets keep it at that and move on, Issue closed.

'JASON' Detachment
Shaak Ti (Erin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trying to be an issue.... But i am kinda disappointed that the rebel legion members that came to the concert did not attempt to be apart of the official Lfl event. There were so many patrons that were so excited to see us and the 501. It was just weird that you guys came in full gear but just almost ignored the fact that you guys could have made a good face with lfl. Technically there was no rebel legion there... Liann and I sent our costume submissions through the 501. Which also means the costumes did not need to be preapproved by the rl or 501, lfl gave liann and I an ok with both our Leias even though neither of us is approved with that costume in the rl... Though we looked damn good!

I am glad everyone came out, but there could have been so much more potential with both groups together taking part in the full concert experience.
padme911 (Becca K)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the 501st should have not done that. RL costumes must be approved as formal BEFORE submitting them to the 501st or LFL. Why was this not done by Outrider Base? The CO should have contacted our SWIC contact and worked with the 501st on the numbers. The official split is usually 70% 501st/30% RL and we submit our costumes through them and LFL. The 501st has no authority to approve RL costumes for any events. We do not do it for them, they should not for us.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

501 did not approve liann and i's leia costumes. Lfl said they were fine to wear to the event they did not confirm if they were preapproved by the rl.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: