About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5a37f6fd8ec112bc8eaefc4b1f6e2c8cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Female Wookiee?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FruitBat ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I did 6'5'', I'd only have to add a three inch sole to my shoes...

That's an interesting concept on changing the wookiee pitch. I've got a friend who is good with that stuff so hopefully he'll help me. I somehow see me botching it up and making my wookiee sound like a giant, angry mouse.

I'm actually really excited to experiment with what Jacca (my temporary name for my wookiee) would wear and do. I certainly don't think she'd be caught in an apron! I'm taking a little inspiration from the Na'vi from Avatar for some adornments. I'll probably look at some indigenous tribes so I can get that "close to nature" look.

On that note, what sort of occupation do you think a female wookiee would have? Do you think a female wookiee could be a warrior, too?
Daritha (Christian)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FruitBat wrote:

On that note, what sort of occupation do you think a female wookiee would have? Do you think a female wookiee could be a warrior, too?
Naturally, the females in clan-oriented societies are working in the villages, keep the kids together, educate them, etc. But that's boring for a costumer. And I don't see why female Wookiees can't be warriors too.
I just assume that Lucas pitched the whole female Wookiee idea after the "The Wookiee has no pants" debate around the first movie. What would be the end of the discussion if it's was about a six-breasted female one? o.O ... We'd propably never saw Star Wars.

To the pitch/voice: That's a great idea. Maybe you could check out Discovery channel a bit to find some good tunes for the female Wookiee. I'm thinking about a mixture of gurgle and purr. But that's just an idea and one must see if it sounds good.
However, I'm thrilled to watch your progress on the costume. Smile

GBY | Temple Assistant Master
KJO | Member

Join the KJO - Form a Temple - Have fun!
Limey ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just been doing some more reading on the Starwars.com Databank and found an interesting statements about wookies that you could possibly play with.

Quote:
Though Wookiees do have a primitive appearance, they are quite comfortable with advanced technology. They can repair and maintain modern starships. They have developed a unique projectile weapon called a bowcaster. The Wookiee city of Thikkiiana was one of the key manufacturers of sophisticated computer componentry in the New Republic.

So the obvious primitive appearance is there, and i agree with your Na'vi comment for adornments. I might avoid items like glass beads, or precious stones perhaps? It looks like the Na'vi wore small wooden/brass beaded necklaces with decorative feathers.

One thought springs to mind as well. If you wear delicate jewelry then you might run the risk of losing it under the wookie fur.

Ok, lunch breaks up, back to work Smile

Hope that helps some!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: